Simple Treats (Share Your Favorites) Keep Them Simple

Options

Replies

• skinnybride2013
    Options
    Puree a bunch of cut-up of strawberries. Strain through some cheesecloth or an old t-shirt. Stir in some honey. Freeze for 2-4 hours. Enjoy your delicious, fresh sorbet.

Drizzle balsamic glaze over it for something super amazing! :)

Wow, that sounds amazing! Have to try it!!!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    frozen bananas

greek yogurt with mixed berries, topped with hemp seeds

steamed clams (I'm addicted!!!!)

1/2 c almond milk, 2 Tbs OJ concentrate, packet of stevia, handful of ice cubes in blender. Tastes like a creamsicle~

air popped popcorn sprinkled with garlic powder and dill weed
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    2 rice cakes I use Carmel flavored, 2 tbls of lite whipped topping & a dash of cinnamon put in freeze for 1 hour . Crunchy & tastes just like ice cream! 120 calories delicious!
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Here is a very simple treat that really has helped me get through my mid-day CHOCOLATE craving!

Oreo Smoothie

1 cup 1% reduced fat milk
    2 1/2 reduced fat oreo cookies
    1 tbs fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding (dry mix)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 pkg artificial sweetener (I use Stevia)
    2 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You can add more ice if you'd like a more "smoothie like" texture. Pour into glass and serve immediately. Makes 2(Two) 1 cup servings.
    PER SERVING: 118 calories, 2.5g fat, 3g protein, 0 fiber.

You could also dollop some lite whipped topping on top, but that will add 20 calories, 1 g fat, 3 g carbs and 1 g sugar.

Even then, it's a great little pick me up, especially for a certifiable chocoholic like me!!! Enjoy! :)
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies :happy: 15oz can of black beans, drain and rinse them and put them back in the can, fill the can with water, pour into blender puree and then mix that with brownie 19oz box of brownie mix and bake as box says. You could also use a can of pumpkin in place of the beans, comes out like fudge. Gets me through certain times of the month without feeling guilty and my kids LOVE this better.

interesting! So there's no oil or eggs? Is this like those no-pudge brownies where all you add is a container of yogurt? Dang, this sound incredible .... Thanks for the tip!

I've heard of this but have not been brave enough to try it! LOL So you only use the beans and the brownie mix, no oil or eggs? I'm gonna have to try this. Do you have the nutrition info. on it? Thanks! These sound great!
  • valroys
    valroys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sliced banana with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon, it carmalizes and tastes so yummy!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I am going to try it. Thanks for sharing
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Reillydl
    Reillydl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies :happy: 15oz can of black beans, drain and rinse them and put them back in the can, fill the can with water, pour into blender puree and then mix that with brownie 19oz box of brownie mix and bake as box says. You could also use a can of pumpkin in place of the beans, comes out like fudge. Gets me through certain times of the month without feeling guilty and my kids LOVE this better.

I was just going to post ths...family fav here! I dont rinse the beans just dump in the blender w 1/4c water...these sound so gross but are delish! We have had numerous people try them and not one person has not loved them...no one has any idea anythingbis different nevermind beans!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Kiwi and Nutella... mmm.
  • Karenh1966
    Options
    This sounds really good. Do you use any water with the jello or just the yogurt and jello powder?
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    Strawberries with Chile powder yummm or cucumbers or even an apple, don't forget the Chile powder though. :)
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    I have an uber sweet tooth. To go on a diet where I completely restrict myself from having treats is beyond unrealistic. I like Mikado sticks, 5 of those usually curbs my chocolate cravings for the day, and are only 11kcal per stick.

I eat a lot of grapes, satsumas and apples. Sometimes with low fat ice cream, most of the time without.

I enjoy crisps, so I let myself have a bag every other day - but I've made the switch from Walkers to those Velvet Crunch, which are like 80kcal per bag, and very tasty (even if the flavouring makes me cough, idk)

I'm very much prescribed to 'everything in moderation'. I don't pay too much attention to my ratios. I listen to my body, and what it wants. I eat when I'm hungry and if I fancy a treat, fine, I'll have it and add an extra mile to my walk, or an extra 20 minutes of zumba. Guilt is something I refuse to feel about food.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    cut an apple
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    honey
    mix it up - done!

For variations add:
    Almonds
    1/4 or 1/2 cup low cal/fat ice cream
    banana
    yogurt
    or whatever else floats your boat

Good late night craving killer and satisfies the crunch need. :bigsmile:
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KristaTellier
    KristaTellier Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump, great ideas I don't want to forget!
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is my newest along with green smoothies. Will have to try these frozen grapes.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Laughing cow french onion cheese wedge 35 calories with Pepperidge Farms Multigrain Cracker Chips (25 for 130 calories)

Low fat graham Cracker (one plank is 70 calories) One tablespoon of Nutella spread on it (100 calories) If I have a lot left on my calories for the day I have 2 like that.

Watermelon
    Apples (red delicious)
    Bananas
    pistacio nuts
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    Do you add the other ingredients listed on the box or just the pumpkin? I love pumpkin spice flavored things and the muffins sound like a really nice treat to go with coffee.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Raw Vegan Lemon Berry Sorbet

Ingredients:
    Frozen Fruit
    Almond Milk
    Ice

How To:
    Throw fruit into a blender along with some almond milk. Blend until smooth. Keep adding ice and blending until you reach the texture of a sorbet. Enjoy! :)

My fave is the Lemon Berry flavor - add bananas and mixed berries. Top off with lemon zest! And there you have it! :)