A WHOLE Rotisserie Chicken.

Options
I was going to try and eat it. the whole chicken. it would have been my only real meal as i had been snacking on salad ingredients.
i wanted the protein. I overdid it at the gym. I came home with an estimated deficit of about 700-900 calories.

I couldn't eat it. It made me want to puke. instead, i am craving SUGAR and chocolate.

So, instead of just grabbing a carton of minute maid and a bag of chocolate disks, should i drink tons of water and maybe take some magnesium?

dehydration and magnesium deficiency?

and how can i make myself eat more of the chicken? i keep undereating and i dont want to go down that road but i wont just eat anything to fill in the calories. is rotisserie even a good idea? should i eventually get grilled? the rotisserie did have alot of oil and the texture was too tender. made me want to throw up.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Um, stop eating the chicken. You do not have to eat a whole chicken to get sufficient protein.

Just eat a balanced meal. If you ate a bunch of chicken, eat some veggies or maybe have some fruit if you're craving something sweet.

If another day like today crops up and you didn't spread out your protein intake so you get enough throughout the day, just do better next time. I usually spread out my protein intake across 3-4 meals. It helps me get enough without having to eat a ton of it in one sitting.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Really? Just eat some healthy food. Put the chicken into a sandwich and have some fruit.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Why is it your only meal? If you can't eat all your calories in one sitting, don't. Eat more than one meal. And yes, it's okay to have a little bit of sweets.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    HUH? What?

I get it now DUH... Eat a nice meal that has a little protein, complex carbs and healthy fats this always helps me when I have cravings.

A whole chicken is not needed for protein just a quarter chicken, or chicken leg or chicken breast but never a whole chicken...
  • lilojoke
    Options
    Why is it your only meal? If you can't eat all your calories in one sitting don't. Eat more then one meal. And yes, it's okay to have a little bit of sweets.

Exactly!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I say you dont give up. I think you can finish the whole chicken. No one likes a quitter.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Not ANOTHER thread about eating a whole rotisserie chicken? *sigh*
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    I say you dont give up. I think you can finish the whole chicken. No one likes a quitter.

i just DIED! wow, i had to quit though. my stomach cant do it.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

i just DIED! wow, i had to quit though. my stomach cant do it.

LOL hon. She was just being sarcastic... :flowerforyou:

Seriously though, stop eating the chicken and chillax with some fruit.
  • Axels91
    Options
    okay, so with the leftover chicken, eat 3 oz at breakfast, 3 oz lunch etc and fruits in between? sound like a winner! only i am terrified of bread. and have no better options. chicken and....ahhhhhh
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    okay, so with the leftover chicken, eat 3 oz at breakfast, 3 oz lunch etc and fruits in between? sound like a winner! only i am terrified of bread. and have no better options. chicken and....ahhhhhh

You can put the chicken in your salads if you like. Just break it up into bite size bits and mix it in. You don't have to do bread if you don't want to though you should not be afraid of it.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? Like, actually?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You could, you know, eat sensibly. It's not between eating a whole chicken or starving or eating a bowl of sugar. Might be time to talk a professional.
  • Axels91
    Options

there is ANOTHER one? weird.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Eat it til you puke.
  • lilojoke
    Options
    STOP EATING!!! Give your body time to digest the chicken it may take a long while until you actually feel hungry again but thats a good thing as your doing intermittent fasting! LOL.

Holy **** I am sweating here!!! LMAO
  • lilojoke
    Options

there is ANOTHER one? weird.

I would not be surprised!!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    why would u try to eat a whole chicken in one setting? you need fruit, veggies, whole grains..balance, balance, balance :)
  • lilojoke
    Options
    why would u try to eat a whole chicken in one setting? you need fruit, veggies, whole grains..balance, balance, balance :)

Haven't you heard about the show Survivor??? :D
  • Axels91
    Options
    i know you guys are being sarcastic, but it was a serious question. i will probably end up eating chicken for days. i dont want to throw it out but i am already sick of it. it was either that or beans and if i see another can of beans i will throw it across the room.