A WHOLE Rotisserie Chicken.

Options

Replies

• ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    By the way, bread is not evil. Overly processed white bread is evil. Pumpernickel, rye, oat, etc. are all good breads to eat because the fiber slows the absorption of the carbs that have converted to sugar. Additionally, if you sit down and eat an entire loaf of bread, you are evil, not the bread. :tongue:
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    all joking aside..I am a bit worried about your relationship with food..sounds like you are not really eating..try not to go down that path..not a good place to go..

i do have tendencies but its never become a full blown eating disorder. i am a yoyo dieter so this behavior doesnt last long before i slip and quit. then start over again.

i would like to stick to it now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    all joking aside..I am a bit worried about your relationship with food..sounds like you are not really eating..try not to go down that path..not a good place to go..

i do have tendencies but its never become a full blown eating disorder. i am a yoyo dieter so this behavior doesnt last long before i slip and quit. then start over again.

If you adopted a healthier approach to dieting you could probably break the quit/start over cycle.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

My Ed started with an obsession against certain foods, please be careful :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Sorry to break it to you but you really need to seek some help with this. Binge eating a single food item like this is not mentally healthy, and without help, I don't think you're going to be able to stick with it for long. This is a psychological issue, not a food issue.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but you need to step back and address the underlying problem.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Sorry to break it to you but you really need to seek some help with this. Binge eating a single food item like this is not mentally healthy, and without help, I don't think you're going to be able to stick with it for long. This is a psychological issue, not a food issue.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but you need to step back and address the underlying problem.

yes!
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Muscle Milk (I use the "light" chocolate version in the small cartons) is a great way to add to your protein. I usually have one in between workouts at the gym between the first and second hour or right when I get home from a workout.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Why do people think that meat is the only food source that has protein? Quinoa is excellent for protein. Legumes, seeds, nuts, eggs, dairy products, most breads, and tofu all have protein. There are even good protein bars out there. I personally like LUNA protein bars. I'm eating one right now.

Another myth: If I work out on the elliptical, treadmill, or other non-lifting exercise, I still need to eat a boatload of protein.

You only really have to watch your protein if you are lifting weights. The heavier the weights, the more protein you need because you are shredding muscle that needs to rebuild itself. That's a simple explanation, okay?

All you have to do is eat a balanced diet. Personally, I can't understand who in their right mind would try to eat an entire rotisserie chicken, but I will give you credit for spelling rotisserie correctly.

thanks lol. yea i mean it does seem kind of ridiculous but i asked around and my uncles say that they ate whole pans of lasagna and half of whole chickens with half a loaf of bread before a big game. and they told me if i could stomach it then it would give me great energy.

i do lift weights, i just dont lift super heavy. i want to increase the repetition and weight in about a week, now is just warm up week so im not doing as much as i could.

Then all I can say is that you should be eating your protein foods throughout the day. The muscles don't just sit around waiting and waiting for the protein to arrive. So they are not going to be happy muscles :cry: because you decided to deprive them of protein until you had time to eat an entire chicken. Eating an entire chicken in one sit is not going to help your muscles rebuild. You need to space that protein, otherwise you will become tired and grumpy throughout the day until the muscles are satisfied. So much easier to span it out than eat it all at once and make your muscle happy. :happy:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    thanks lol. yea i mean it does seem kind of ridiculous but i asked around and my uncles say that they ate whole pans of lasagna and half of whole chickens with half a loaf of bread before a big game. and they told me if i could stomach it then it would give me great energy.
    Unless you are the same size as your uncles, and preparing for a big game, you shouldn't be eating like they were.

Also, even they weren't limiting themselves to just chicken.
  • Axels91
    Options
    Do you like the Mexican dish mole?

whats mole? like guacamole?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Do you like the Mexican dish mole?
    whats mole? like guacamole?
    It's a sauce typically served with chicken, comprised of many ingredients, including... chocolate or cocoa. :wink:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Damn, I love me some chicken. If you sat a bag of chocolate and a rotisserie chicken in front of me, that chicken would be the first thing to go and then I'd take the chocolate to work and let my co-workers eat it. The only problem (at least if you buy one pre-made at the grocery store is the freaking sodium content. Those things will kill you on your sodium allotment.

If you need more protein, maybe eat some cottege cheese or just call it good for tonight and then get some good protein in tomorrow. The most important thing is to get some protein right after your workout, but you don't have to eat a whole chicken all at once.
  • Axels91
    Options
    Um, what? Working out on E?

If you are being serious with all this I suggest you do some reading on basic nutrition. The Mayo Clinic Website (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/MY00431/DSECTION=healthy-diets) is a good one. Life is about balance. Learn what is healthy. Eat that 80% of the time. Eat not-so-healthy 10% of the time, and have some-what-bad-for you 10% of the time. If you want to skip meals look into intermititent fasting (www.leangains.com) or eat 3 square meals plus 2 snacks, etc. Educate yourself.

i think the biggest thing is too much limitation. i am trying to stay away from processed foods. its hard because i will start craving them.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    protein shakes are wonderful, especially made with a raw egg in addition to high quality sugar free protein powder. You can drink a lot throughout the day without feeling sick or over-protein-ed, plus it's sweet to satisfy cravings!
  • Axels91
    Options
    protein shakes are wonderful, especially made with a raw egg in addition to high quality sugar free protein powder. You can drink a lot throughout the day without feeling sick or over-protein-ed, plus it's sweet to satisfy cravings!
    Thank you! I will try this.
  • Axels91
    Options
    Damn, I love me some chicken. If you sat a bag of chocolate and a rotisserie chicken in front of me, that chicken would be the first thing to go and then I'd take the chocolate to work and let my co-workers eat it. The only problem (at least if you buy one pre-made at the grocery store is the freaking sodium content. Those things will kill you on your sodium allotment.

If you need more protein, maybe eat some cottege cheese or just call it good for tonight and then get some good protein in tomorrow. The most important thing is to get some protein right after your workout, but you don't have to eat a whole chicken all at once.

Alot of men I know aren't too keen about chocolate, maybe it's a woman thing?
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Why do people think that meat is the only food source that has protein? Quinoa is excellent for protein. Legumes, seeds, nuts, eggs, dairy products, most breads, and tofu all have protein. There are even good protein bars out there. I personally like LUNA protein bars. I'm eating one right now.

Another myth: If I work out on the elliptical, treadmill, or other non-lifting exercise, I still need to eat a boatload of protein.

You only really have to watch your protein if you are lifting weights. The heavier the weights, the more protein you need because you are shredding muscle that needs to rebuild itself. That's a simple explanation, okay?

All you have to do is eat a balanced diet. Personally, I can't understand who in their right mind would try to eat an entire rotisserie chicken, but I will give you credit for spelling rotisserie correctly.

I seriously less than three you.

<3
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    First, please address the "working out on E". I hope you meant "empty".
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes and Rotisserie chickens are processed food, not that there's anything wrong with that, in my opinion.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    First, please address the "working out on E". I hope you meant "empty".

No. Clearly she's worried about bread making her unhealthy but is taking Ecstasy before her workouts.