A WHOLE Rotisserie Chicken.

Options

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    why would u try to eat a whole chicken in one setting? you need fruit, veggies, whole grains..balance, balance, balance :)

Haven't you heard about the show Survivor??? :D

You are so wise..okay starting tomorrow..throwing out all my fruits and veggies and buying all the chickens in the store, heck the whole city!
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    i was trying to follow the caveman diet. go ahead n laugh, but i thought it would really give me all the energy i needed. or replace all the stuff i lost working out on E this morning.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat it. It made me want to puke. instead, i am craving SUGAR and chocolate.
    The best of both worlds!

ChocoChickenLives.jpg

You're welcome.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i know you guys are being sarcastic, but it was a serious question. i will probably end up eating chicken for days. i dont want to throw it out but i am already sick of it. it was either that or beans and if i see another can of beans i will throw it across the room.

There are many ways to prepare chicken just be creative and before you know it will all be gone!
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    okay, so with the leftover chicken, eat 3 oz at breakfast, 3 oz lunch etc and fruits in between? sound like a winner! only i am terrified of bread. and have no better options. chicken and....ahhhhhh

You can put the chicken in your salads if you like. Just break it up into bite size bits and mix it in. You don't have to do bread if you don't want to though you should not be afraid of it.

Yup! I love rotisserie chicken but the texture...can sometimes be questionable. I would add it to a salad w/crispy bacon, a lil bit of cheese, loads of dressing (for the carbs!)....Just make it a completely filling meal.

Personally, I may get the urge to binge now and then after working out but thats just my body needing to re-fuel. DONT do it...the guilt isnt worth it.

ETA: avoid the bread!
    it is evil
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Your relationship with food is seriously messed up.

Eat food. In meals. That include a variety of macro nutrients .. enjoy the flavors and the company. Try making your own food. From ingredients that are also food.

Think of the most normal boring stable person you know. Eat like her for a week.

Meantime, find a therapist cuz this behavior is mest up. Your problems with food run deep and without addressing them, you're just not gonna have the rich full life you deserve.
  • Axels91
    Options
    You can put the chicken in your salads if you like. Just break it up into bite size bits and mix it in. You don't have to do bread if you don't want to though you should not be afraid of it.

bread is evil.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

bread is evil.

Um no it's not. You don't have to eat it if you don't, but it's not evil.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You do know that Paleo means you eat more dietary fats and can still have fruit right? Fruit = sugar. Have at it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

bread is evil.

Bread pushed me into a puddle when I was little.
  • Axels91
    Options
    I couldn't eat it. It made me want to puke. instead, i am craving SUGAR and chocolate.
    The best of both worlds!

ChocoChickenLives.jpg

You're welcome.

i actually have unsweetened cocoa that i like to mix with milk. i know, weird.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Those chickens are greasy that is what's making you sick. Eat just some of it. We roasted a whole chicken today but with that I had grapes asparagus and bread. Less grease and more balanced. Yeah there are leftovers but they can be dinner tomorrow. Or a half cup of roast chicken makes a yummy pre woRkout snack
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Do you like the Mexican dish mole?
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options

bread is evil.

Bread is the best food ever in combination with jelly and peanut butter. no food is evil but there are choices!
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Why do people think that meat is the only food source that has protein? Quinoa is excellent for protein. Legumes, seeds, nuts, eggs, dairy products, most breads, and tofu all have protein. There are even good protein bars out there. I personally like LUNA protein bars. I'm eating one right now.

Another myth: If I work out on the elliptical, treadmill, or other non-lifting exercise, I still need to eat a boatload of protein.

You only really have to watch your protein if you are lifting weights. The heavier the weights, the more protein you need because you are shredding muscle that needs to rebuild itself. That's a simple explanation, okay?

All you have to do is eat a balanced diet. Personally, I can't understand who in their right mind would try to eat an entire rotisserie chicken, but I will give you credit for spelling rotisserie correctly.
  • Axels91
    Options
    Yup! I love rotisserie chicken but the texture...can sometimes be questionable. I would add it to a salad w/crispy bacon, a lil bit of cheese, loads of dressing (for the carbs!)....Just make it a completely filling meal.

Personally, I may get the urge to binge now and then after working out but thats just my body needing to re-fuel. DONT do it...the guilt isnt worth it.

ETA: avoid the bread!
    it is evil

lmfao yes it is evil! at least the bread in most markets. i would add it to a salad minus the cheese and dressing, i would feel kind of bad about eating that.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    all joking aside..I am a bit worried about your relationship with food..sounds like you are not really eating..try not to go down that path..not a good place to go..
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A rotisserie chicken carcass with some leftover meat on it makes a great soup base, too.

Toss it in a big pot with some chicken broth/stock and whatever veggies you have in the fridge, a can of tomatoes (juice and all) and seasoning/spices. Boil/simmer. Then at the end you can add some thick noodles or rice or whatever carb you like (or nothing).

easy to make, keeps in the rfridge, easy to reheat. take to work, freeze, whatever.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    i was trying to follow the caveman diet. go ahead n laugh, but i thought it would really give me all the energy i needed. or replace all the stuff i lost working out on E this morning.

Um, what? Working out on E?

If you are being serious with all this I suggest you do some reading on basic nutrition. The Mayo Clinic Website (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/MY00431/DSECTION=healthy-diets) is a good one. Life is about balance. Learn what is healthy. Eat that 80% of the time. Eat not-so-healthy 10% of the time, and have some-what-bad-for you 10% of the time. If you want to skip meals look into intermititent fasting (www.leangains.com) or eat 3 square meals plus 2 snacks, etc. Educate yourself.
  • Axels91
    Options
    Why do people think that meat is the only food source that has protein? Quinoa is excellent for protein. Legumes, seeds, nuts, eggs, dairy products, most breads, and tofu all have protein. There are even good protein bars out there. I personally like LUNA protein bars. I'm eating one right now.

Another myth: If I work out on the elliptical, treadmill, or other non-lifting exercise, I still need to eat a boatload of protein.

You only really have to watch your protein if you are lifting weights. The heavier the weights, the more protein you need because you are shredding muscle that needs to rebuild itself. That's a simple explanation, okay?

All you have to do is eat a balanced diet. Personally, I can't understand who in their right mind would try to eat an entire rotisserie chicken, but I will give you credit for spelling rotisserie correctly.

thanks lol. yea i mean it does seem kind of ridiculous but i asked around and my uncles say that they ate whole pans of lasagna and half of whole chickens with half a loaf of bread before a big game. and they told me if i could stomach it then it would give me great energy.

i do lift weights, i just dont lift super heavy. i want to increase the repetition and weight in about a week, now is just warm up week so im not doing as much as i could.