Helloitsdan Fans. I have a question

Options
I know he gets bombarded. I just have a simple question that anyone who's been following the F2F plan can answer...

Do I just set my MFP calories to the number I was given after I did all the calculations? So basically, I'm asking: I do not "eat back" my workout calories; I eat the same calories each day regardless if it was a workout day or not, is this correct?

My calories for the day (each day) should be set at 2080 regardless of exercise. Yes? No?

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes that's what I do. I have a flat 1943 calories a day because my workouts are already figured in. The only time I would add or subtract is when I add or delete an extra workout that was over and above what I added in the 1943.

I do still log my exercise but I change MFP calorie count to 1 calorie so I am still logging but it doesn't change my calorie count for the day, except by the 1 calorie.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Blows my whole "Oh goodie! What did I burn- what can I eat!!" theory right to heck! LOL
  • juliekaiser1988
    Options
    Any other thoughts out there?
  • juliekaiser1988
    Options
    Bump???
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I would like to know where/how to do this magic calculation, please? :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That helloitsdan guy doesn't know anything!!!

If you follow F2F those are your total calories, not net.

J/K on the dan thing, we are both on the same page and use the same method.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I know he gets bombarded.

He's famous :)
  • psuLemon
    Options

Input and follow calorie recommendations.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Google fat 2 fit radio.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yes - the number includes exercise, so you are already eating them back.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had my numbers figured out by one of Helloitsdan's group and set the mfp to the amount I was told. I was getting confused after reading other posts about to add or not add the exercise since I thought the numbers figured out included exercise, so I posted and asked if I am suppose to log my exercise ?

I was told that I can log my exercise in mfp with the calories burned (using my hrm) and to always net 200-300 calories above BMR.

I still don't think I am doing something right but maybe someone can answer once and for all what we need to do.....I'm getting nervous as the scale shows I gained 2 pounds :noway: but I haven't taken measurements yet......
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I know he gets bombarded.

He's famous :)

Or is he infamous now? :tongue:
  • oharabears
    Options
    FYI--you CAN log your exercise as "0" calories, instead of 1...if you're as nit-picky as I am and don't want MFP adding back ANY calories. LOL!
  • juliekaiser1988
    Options
    I guess it just blew my mind to eat that many on non workout days.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I had my numbers figured out by one of Helloitsdan's group and set the mfp to the amount I was told. I was getting confused after reading other posts about to add or not add the exercise since I thought the numbers figured out included exercise, so I posted and asked if I am suppose to log my exercise ?

I was told that I can log my exercise in mfp with the calories burned (using my hrm) and to always net 200-300 calories above BMR.

I still don't think I am doing something right but maybe someone can answer once and for all what we need to do.....I'm getting nervous as the scale shows I gained 2 pounds :noway: but I haven't taken measurements yet......

Generally if Dan runs your numbers, he includes your exercise into your TDEE so you would NOT eat them back. And you don't necessarily need to look at net calories. In fact, I don't even log my exercise as my exercise is in my TDEE and I haven't lose a single lb of lean body mass yet since I joined this site.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wait, what? This says I should be eating 2700 calories per day? That seems bonkers!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

There is huge confusion - with the whole 'do I eat my calories back'. In the calculations that Dan gives, they are already included and so you are effectivelt already eating them back. If you put this target in MFP you need to not take into account your exercise otherwise you would be eating them twice. You can still track by over-riding the calories used an just put in 1 calorie if you wish.

All of the threads re 'eating your calories' back are really discussing when the exercise is not included in the target - you do not have to worry about that as you are aready eating them back.

BTW: if you have recently upped your calories give more time as it takes your body a little while to adjust (depending on how low and for how long you were before). Also, really focus on measurements rather than the scale.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I guess it just blew my mind to eat that many on non workout days.

keep in mind it's just as important to refeed your body on non workout days as it is to feed your system on workout days.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Wait, what? This says I should be eating 2700 calories per day? That seems bonkers!

I eat 2800 calories a day, I am 5'11, 200 lbs and a 30 year old guy. It's not that crazy, especially if you exercise a lot.