Helloitsdan Fans. I have a question

Options

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am just glad dan decided to join the conversation. I was getting tired from covering him lol.

He's a slacker! His followers have to pick up the pace for him!! (lol)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    i thought i had this down pat. i'd reset my calories according to F2F calc
    33 y/o female
    219 current weight/ 169 goal weight
    5'9 = 69 inches tall
    desk job
    heavy weight train 2x week, spinning 2x week, couple dog walks a week
    per F2F:
    Katch McA BMR 1489
    Sedentary 1871
    Lightly Active 2144
    Mod Active 2416
    for the past couple of weeks i've set my cals at 2416 (i'm not weighing all april long so idk if there's been a loss) and macros at 40/30/30. but before this i've stalled with no weight loss for over a month. should i continue this cal amount or should i drop it to Lightly Active amt of 2144?
    and to be clear- we are NOT to pay attention to the Net calories??
    on days with large burns from HRM should we make an attempt to eat more so we NET more than our BMR??
    thanks in advance!

Those numbers dont appear to have a deficit in them from what i can tell. I would eat 1900 calories total everyday and not worry about exercise calories.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Double post
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    wow, an amazing amount of info to digest, but I think I've got it, and I've set MFP up to my personal TDEE for a moderately active person. Now all I need to do is make sure I do my 5 workouts a week so that the numbers are right, give it time, and hopefully see love handle and tummy fat progress in the mirror. I'm also changing my workouts from 45 mins x 5 days a week of cardio and strength (15 mins of each) to Mon, Wed and Fri for purely strength training and Tues and Thurs for 45 minutes of pure cardio, HIIT style.

Pleeease let this work! I'm 43 and have spent 16 years yo-yoing, on and off paid diet plans like Weightwatchers and Slimming World and putting on 42lbs in the process :laugh: :sad:

Would love for folks to come back when they are making progress, what a treat that would be and a boost in confidence for us new to this method of fat loss. While I am going to love eating 2269 cals a day there's still that nag in my head saying it's too much!:laugh:

Good luck everyone, come back and tell us how you're doing!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i thought i had this down pat. i'd reset my calories according to F2F calc
    33 y/o female
    219 current weight/ 169 goal weight
    5'9 = 69 inches tall
    desk job
    heavy weight train 2x week, spinning 2x week, couple dog walks a week
    per F2F:
    Katch McA BMR 1489
    Sedentary 1871
    Lightly Active 2144
    Mod Active 2416
    for the past couple of weeks i've set my cals at 2416 (i'm not weighing all april long so idk if there's been a loss) and macros at 40/30/30. but before this i've stalled with no weight loss for over a month. should i continue this cal amount or should i drop it to Lightly Active amt of 2144?
    and to be clear- we are NOT to pay attention to the Net calories??
    on days with large burns from HRM should we make an attempt to eat more so we NET more than our BMR??
    thanks in advance!

Those numbers dont appear to have a deficit in them from what i can tell. I would eat 1900 calories total everyday and not worry about exercise calories.

thanks for your reply! i will set it at 1900.
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • psuLemon
    Options
    wow, an amazing amount of info to digest, but I think I've got it, and I've set MFP up to my personal TDEE for a moderately active person. Now all I need to do is make sure I do my 5 workouts a week so that the numbers are right, give it time, and hopefully see love handle and tummy fat progress in the mirror. I'm also changing my workouts from 45 mins x 5 days a week of cardio and strength (15 mins of each) to Mon, Wed and Fri for purely strength training and Tues and Thurs for 45 minutes of pure cardio, HIIT style.

Pleeease let this work! I'm 43 and have spent 16 years yo-yoing, on and off paid diet plans like Weightwatchers and Slimming World and putting on 42lbs in the process :laugh: :sad:

Would love for folks to come back when they are making progress, what a treat that would be and a boost in confidence for us new to this method of fat loss. While I am going to love eating 2269 cals a day there's still that nag in my head saying it's too much!:laugh:

Good luck everyone, come back and tell us how you're doing!

Sounds like a plan for me.
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missjulial
    missjulial Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I NEED HELP.

I just read the article yesterday and used the tools that Dan suggested. My BMR is 1440. Plus 20% is 1,728 - my TDEE. Right?
    To get to my goal weight of 145 pounds. I have a desk job all day but weight train 3 times per week and cardio 2-3 times per week (my cardio is sometimes short bursts, sometimes hour long). It says that I should be consuming 2,190 calories per day. Can this be right???? It seems crazy! When i signed up to MFP today - it says my daily calories to lose 1.5 pounds per week is 1200. But perhaps the 2,190 calories per day is calculating my exercise as well?

I'm just so confused and new to this... I need some help understanding how many calories I should consume daily. Point blank. I feel I've been brainwashed in the past to think that I need to drop calories down low and train hard... and perhaps I've never been eating enough????? Please help me!! Thank you.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I NEED HELP.

I just read the article yesterday and used the tools that Dan suggested. My BMR is 1440. Plus 20% is 1,728 - my TDEE. Right?
    To get to my goal weight of 145 pounds. I have a desk job all day but weight train 3 times per week and cardio 2-3 times per week (my cardio is sometimes short bursts, sometimes hour long). It says that I should be consuming 2,190 calories per day. Can this be right???? It seems crazy! When i signed up to MFP today - it says my daily calories to lose 1.5 pounds per week is 1200. But perhaps the 2,190 calories per day is calculating my exercise as well?

I'm just so confused and new to this... I need some help understanding how many calories I should consume daily. Point blank. I feel I've been brainwashed in the past to think that I need to drop calories down low and train hard... and perhaps I've never been eating enough????? Please help me!! Thank you.

The major difference is fat2fit includes exercise as part of your calculation. So if you are burning 500 calories working out, then you would eat that on top of your 1200 calories. Based on the numbers, I would probably start with 1800 calories total. As you get closer to your goal, it may be advisable to reevaluate your calories and increase as necessary.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at 1800 for the past few days and for some reason I am absolutely starving today, the few biscuits I had instead of some protein today can't have made that much of a difference can it? *drinks buckets of water in an attempt to feel full*
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am so confused and honestly am agonizing over this, especially since I'm in a what seems like forever plateau.

I have been eating 1480 and not losing. Eating back some/most of my calories.

I am 189, 5'7", 33 years old, 39% body fat according to a scale (not sure how accurate that is.)
    Goal weight is 150.

I have reset my MFP calories to 1700. Should I eat my exercise calories back? So confused.

Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1756
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2012
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2268
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2524
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2780
  • Smuterella
    Options
    How much/what sort of exercise are you doing?
  • eden2004
    Options
    How much/what sort of exercise are you doing?

It varies. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week. Sometimes elliptical, sometimes zumba, sometimes some other random class.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    I'd say (and am happy to be corrected...) that you can either eat the sedentary number and eat your exercise calories back or eat the lightly active number and not eat them back.
  • eden2004
    Options
    I'd say (and am happy to be corrected...) that you can either eat the sedentary number and eat your exercise calories back or eat the lightly active number and not eat them back.
    Thanks!