When is it okay to speak up???

Options
1235»

Replies

• Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Really all I am trying to say is why do people (anyone) think it is okay to just be more blunt with smaller people? Just feel smaller people have issues with their weight just as bigger people do and both should be respected!

Where do you get the idea people are more blunt with small people? Overweight people have to hear comments all the time, especially from doctors and nurses.
    Let me ask you this...would you bluntly tell someone they are fat and feel okay about it? If ppl are honest they know they wouldn't but would have a much easier time telling someone they are too thin. Regardless either way may be hurtful as you do not know the circumstances.

Would I bluntly tell someone they are overweight, no. Would I bluntly tell someone they are to thin, no. Have I had people comment to me about being overweight, yes. Being honest with myself if I would have an easier time to tell someone they are too thing? No I wouldn't have an easier time. You might feel its that way because you are thin so of course you're just getting the perceptive from that view (who is going to go up to you and call you out on being overweight if your not?). But if you think people don't aren't just as rude to those who are overweight then you're misguided in judgment.