Oh no.......I've been deleted!

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    You're not a cool kid until you've been deleted. So you are cool.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    MFP has cool kids?
    Well there's you.

I delete people if they don't post anything for a long time. I figure there's not much point in keeping them around if there's no interaction.

Yet, what exactly are you gaining by deleting someone who doesn't post much?? nothing
    And what does one gain keeping someone they don't want?

Lots of butthurt in this thread.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    If anyone has deleted me I haven't noticed. No problem really.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    What is this...high school?? :huh: :noway:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Everybody loses friends through life. Even in the movies!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgkeBoHvVd-cq1W9FLGB0Ev8GytFXuEpWraI-G8w4VkEnJxZg0

I totally agree

largetropicthunderblu-ray6.jpg
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    MFP has cool kids?
    Well there's you.

I delete people if they don't post anything for a long time. I figure there's not much point in keeping them around if there's no interaction.

Yet, what exactly are you gaining by deleting someone who doesn't post much?? nothing
    The time I would have spent looking at their diary every day and commenting on it.
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Be thankful. They might have a reason, & usually is your posts which doesn't match their preferences. You don't need someone who clearly stands against everything you do.

This! Sometimes you get friends who aren't about what you are about. I deleted someone a few weeks ago that posted things I personally didn't want to read. Now, that's before I knew there was a "hide" option but, why be friends with someone if you are going to hide them? I don't think you should just randomly delete people but, if they are consistently posting things you don't agree with...delete! I'm not a mean person, I don't randomly delete....and I don't kick puppies. ;)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Like with Facebook, I generally have no clue how many friends I have and would only notice if this was someone with whom I interact on a daily basis. Or if they sent one of those "We can no longer be friends because..." messages.

OH damn, not an MFP Dear John letter...that would totally suck! I guess I can say that I'm callous enough to not even notice 1) that I've been cut and 2) who it was who did the cutting. Basically, I don't cut anyone who at least acts like they still have a pulse on here beyond just logging, unless you've thoroughly pissed me off, which is tough to do. Having said that, I also don't accept random FR either. I'm just "cool" like that.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Beef!!! You are the coil kid in my eyes!!! You egg me on when I wanna dive into a vat of chocolate and eat it till its gone!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think I have the record for the fastest deletion in MFP history. Accepted and deleted in one hour! Yeah, baby! It's Miller time!!!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    MFP has cool kids?

this is the 3rd time I have read this today, I guess I am not part of the cool kids... I'm never part of the cool kids..

Me either!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was deleted by a guy who had 99.9% girls as friends. This deletion happened at the exact same time that I lost weight and had no more moobs to display. Coincidence, i think not.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This is why I only have two friends on this site! I have had a few adds and it was too much drama and stupid posts about trivial things that have nothing to do with weight loss! So yes DELETED! If I want friends I log on to Facebook!

Oh and I do kick puppies and I am a mean person!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    (ahem) Calling out other users in the forums is frowned upon by the mods.

Edit to add: Kind of pathetic too, in my opinion.

bah ha ha .......I can't believe you posted this!!
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to reply. If and when I delete someone, 9 times out of 10 it's not personal. I like to be able to interact with everyone and provide encouragement and feedback. Sometimes if the list gets too big, it becomes difficult. Then there are the few cases, where I just don't gel with the person. That being said, I don't need to defend it or justify it. It's my prerogative.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've solved that problem. No friends. Don't ask, don't accept.

I am an MFP island.

This^^^^^
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    MFP has cool kids?

LOL... I had no idea!
  • DesertMermaid29
    DesertMermaid29 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have only delete one person, and it was because all of her posts were about her sex life with her boyfriend and how she considered herself a slut. SO... I got rid of that.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    1197569_o.gif