T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello everyone!

All of everyone's talk about running/gym/exercising is making me feel like moving....The weather is breaking just in time for the weekend....I'm going to take the next step! I feel that I'm ready! I will start a walking program and see where it takes me!.....Thanks for your inspiration!:drinker:

Can't wait to check in tomorrow....Until then.......

Good night!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to the gym this morning, since losingit wasn't going, and I just can't stand the elliptical anymore unless there's someone to talk to. And I couldn't make classes in the am because of my son's bus schedule... so taking a "step sculpt" class tonight. Then tomorrow when I'd do my step class I have son #3's IEP meeting so tomorrow will be an afternoon gym thing, then Sat am I'll do my normal step class. I'm pretty excited to take a different class even though I know it's going to be really tough. But it beats the elliptical! And I can't run yet, after my injury I decided to wait awhile before running again, it'll be easier on my knees if I lose another 30 pounds before I do it.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Indiana ~ If anybody heard us saying "Hooray" to being just "overweight" they'd think we were crazy!:laugh: But I definately say YAAAAYYY for you and I can't wait 'til I'm there too!

Prayerful ~ GREAT job reaching your cycling goal! Three cheers and a high five!

Sheila ~ Yes, breathe...... every moment is a lesson and the most important lesson we can learn is what is most important:heart: Be easy on yourself, prioritize, this too shall pass....

healthymom and LI4G - Cheering you on in your C25K!!!!!

AND LI4G - Lookachew! Being all industrious and setting up the whole Vegas thing! You totally ROCK!

Adopt4- Diabetes?!?!:grumble: That stinks - my carbs are 206 by MFP guide - but I'm usually under. I'm always over on fiber and I'm occassionally over on protien... ugh, it's all so flippin' complicated - I'm considering the "prehistoric" diet - surely if I had to forage or hunt and kill my own food I'd be thin and not have to do all this dang counting!! (I'm a little frustrated, can you tell?):ohwell:

Cyndeebee - go to bed early, sleep late, avoid the cravings (I agree with Prayerfulmom though, we only want it more 'cuz we know we can't have it:tongue: )

4Maria - Good for you girl, get your move on!!:bigsmile:

Anita- ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) Sending you happy thoughts. Be calm, find peace.

Indiana, Kristi, Jamie, April,- Hi! Good to see you!

mmmmmmm who'd I miss????

later gaters,
    lulu:bigsmile:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Evening Team,

I Just wanted to say that I am doing a bit better this evening... My sister helped me out with one of my bills so it took some of the pressure off of me a tad..

I know I have people here on the weekend.. but this past week people have been coming over during dinner time.. I feel rude if I dont aske them to stay for dinner or ask them if they want something.. but I have my meals planed out daily for two weeks... and I feel bad if I dont have enough for everyone.. so tonight I made spegetti so that we could have left overs for tomorrow well people showed up again and needless to say nothing is left!! so hubby now has nothing for Lunch for work..

well it is supose to be nice this weekend.. so I will be swimming tomorrow in the pool with the kids.. I wont be weighing in until I go by my dad's well he is supose to be coming over on Sunday for my nephews birthday so I might ask him to just bring the scale to me!!! LOL we will see..

I am so sorry that I have not been my self lately.. I have just been so stressed out since i got home from vacation... maybe I should just go back on vacation and not return!!!LOL just dreaming there...

well I have a lot of Dr. appointments for the next two weeks.. I had to wear a monitor for 24 hours the other day.. my leg is still going numb and it is only when I am standing.....

I need to read to catch up on everyones post but with useing someones elses computer its kinda hard because of limited time on the computer.. I will catch up soon I hope..

Sheila
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Cyndee- with ya in spirit. Isn't it crazy when we 'can't' do something we want it more.

L4G- yeah....I'm like the crowd routing youy on from the side. You actually do have to work harder outside. You can set your incline at a 1 to help offset some of the difference. Its good to keep mixing it up. the other thing is that the dreadmill takes some of the shock so your hips and knees don't take as much. There is some good out of the dreadmill but I still like the great outdoors. During the winter I had to do an 18 miler on it: the only thing that kept me semi-sane was watching movies.
    I'm so proud of you. The next run will be better.

li4g - hurray!!!! :flowerforyou: I am on week 5 - like how its round numbers so it's easier to keep track of what I'm doing. I think my walking is sometimes faster than my "running":laugh:

prayerful - I agree, I have to work harder outside too. I love your new name "dreadmill" :laugh: I definately noticed the difference to run on the soft indoor track. Very nice :glasses: but going round and round could be boring if you did it every day. I like the absence of rain and wind indoors though.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hey All,

Prayerfulmom - Good - luck on your goals next week. You are definitely an inspiration to many. If you find any tips on emotional eating - please share.

LI4G and Prayerfulmom - love hearing you all talk about your runs. Keep up the good work girls. I also hate to carry my water bottle when I am walking outside.

Healthymom - good job on the run. Love hearing about your victories too.

Cyndeebee - glad you and your sister had a talk. you are in my prayers girl

Anita - you are in my prayers too. We are here for you. Vent here or call me. Hope you are ok.

Sheila - wishing tour computor to be fixed. I live about three to 4 hour s south of Ann Arbor. I thought I read something about Ann Arbor in one of your post. I have relatives in that area.

Well gang - down in the back really bad. Got a four hour walk in. Been logging in a notebook so when I am at computor I can read the threads. Everyone have a good night
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    The "Dreadmill" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: That is hilarious!!
    I think I liked the treadmill for the pure fact that I live in wet Washington and the weather was so unpredictable here and COLD. But once spring hit....Its been pretty nice to hit the open road.

I live about a mile from the high school, in fact my older 2 walk to school every day. I havent tried running that direction yet, but I definitely will tomorrow. I know I can walk it and walk back no problem and they have a nice track there which is squishy.. LOL! Hopefully I can get my butt out of bed early and get my allergy pill in early so I can get it done in the morning before it gets warm. That is whats been killing my motivation lately.

Thanks so much for cheering me on guys! I really need that push right now :wink: and Im thinking I will enjoy working out outside more instead of stressing about getting to the gym every single day. After all... a good workout IS a good workout!! right? :drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm so frustrated I had to step away from the bike. I got a flat. Trying to fix it to ride at 5am to work. Its not looking too good. Hubby went to sleep so no help there dang it.

You guys have made me smile though:happy:

Adopt4- I burned out on the elipticle. It seems its the favorite tool of all trainers. I have one at home too. I just can't get back on it. The dreadmill was getting that way too after that most ridiculous marathon training through the winter:sad:

L4G- I hope you can get outdoors and enjoy it.

IG-You are awesome. Your preparing and going to do this thing!

Lulu-thanks for always encouraging us along.

Sheila-best wishes on all your testing. I hope the financial stress will lift as well.

OK, I'm going to try to fix this flat one more time.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey All,

Prayerfulmom - Good - luck on your goals next week. You are definitely an inspiration to many. If you find any tips on emotional eating - please share.

LI4G and Prayerfulmom - love hearing you all talk about your runs. Keep up the good work girls. I also hate to carry my water bottle when I am walking outside.

Healthymom - good job on the run. Love hearing about your victories too.

Cyndeebee - glad you and your sister had a talk. you are in my prayers girl

Anita - you are in my prayers too. We are here for you. Vent here or call me. Hope you are ok.

Sheila - wishing tour computor to be fixed. I live about three to 4 hour s south of Ann Arbor. I thought I read something about Ann Arbor in one of your post. I have relatives in that area.

Well gang - down in the back really bad. Got a four hour walk in. Been logging in a notebook so when I am at computor I can read the threads. Everyone have a good night

my sister lives in ann arbor she is about 45 minutes from me.. what freeway are you near? I am close to I 75 and I275 .. well if you want to travel on a weekend or something we could me or something.. We have our camper in Adrian we camp at camp Sequoia..
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I've lost 10lbs this month. I'm very happy about it but I got sick this week and gained a pound. I've been kind of hard on myself about it. Now I'm having trouble getting motivated again. I know I can do it right now I just need the push. I have a wedding to go to in August and want to look my best.