Ladies - Would you date someone who is divorced?

Options

Replies

• lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    absolutely! the past is past and let it stay there!
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    of course, why not?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

Really? Then you're missing out on a lot of great guys who just happened to be in a not so good relationship. There is no more "till death do us part". It really doesn't mean anything. People get married when they're young, stupid and think they're in love and it's what they did. Things happen and marriages end. It doesn't make him or her a bad person because they didn't stay married to their mate it just means that things didn't work out.

What you're saying is that basically two people should stay in a marriage that just isn't working because they uttered the words "Till death do us part." You would prefer to be miserable in a relationship that, for whatever reason, has basically ended because of five words?
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sure... but then again, I am too.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    dated a man who was divorced, married him and it's been 17+ years and we're still going strong!
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Of course!!! Recycle & Reuse should apply to women & men too! It's good for the environment!

(Laff) I'm not picky about history / baggage, we alllllllll have it and seriously we should all be proud of the trials & obstacles we've overcome. I don't have the right to be picky anyway.
    I'm divorced!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Once you get to a certain age, you don't have much choice really. If someone is single in their 30's odds are, they have been married at least once and odds increase as age does. I guess it depends on the age range you ask as to the opinion on it but, never say never...we all get older eventually.
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

Doesn't always mean that they were the one that didn't try. Maybe it was the other person's unwillingness to try, or they(the other) had an affair. This is a very close minded view. IMHO
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    Divorced, more than likely. With kids NO !!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, if no kids are involved...I have dated a divorced single dad of 8 year old twin boys in the past and even though their father was a complete and udder idiot I had a really hard time leaving the relationship because of those sweet boys...
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yeah :)
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There's no difference if a man is divorced or if he is single. The point being, is he available? Yes I would date a divorced man if he has let go of the past and is ready to move on. So in other words, he must also be emotionally available as well.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am happily married, and thank goodness my husband was willing to date someone with 2 divorces. When I was dating, I did not judge someone because of a failed marriage. Sometimes relationships don't work out, or are not meant to be.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My husband was married before me and has 2 children. Would I do it again; not sure but man is he a maniac in the sack! :devil:
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would as I myself have been divorced. I am now married again and if I were to find myself single, I would certainly date a divorced man, kids or no kids.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I did...and then I married him.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I've been divorced and I hate dated someone divorced. Didn't change a thing. If you like someone, you like them. Kids are a different story. If you can't handle baby mama drama or if you don't like kids....DON'T DO IT.
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No.

Sometimes there are circumstances that warrant a divorce or make it inevitable.

I was thinking the same thing. My cousin (female) is divorced because her husband cheated on HER and left HER for his mistress. She tried to go to see a counselor but he didnt want to.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    A big yes!! I am divorced with a daughter. my ex husband was a wife beater and abuser so I left him. the nice guy at my church is divorced with two girls, His ex wife abused him and really hurt him very badly. so we relate very well to one another. we just became friends SAturday though after my prize winning catch of my friend's wedding flowers he came to talk to me. led ot us being friends.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I am happily married to someone who was divorced, and I've been divorced myself. I'd be nervous about dating someone who has been divorced multiple times, however, if I were in the market for a serious relationship. I'd worry about his underlying issues when I've got enough issues of my own! :smile: