Ladies - Would you date someone who is divorced?

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
Curious to your opinion on this one. It seems to be the elephant in the room when it comes to dating.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well no, my husband would hardly approve. But if I were single? Sure. Extra points if the person could be civil to the ex.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'd hate to not be conidered as a good dating partner due to a failed marriage.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Yes, why not? I am divorced once and getting ready to be divorced a second time. It doesn't mean I am not into long term relationships, my second marriage has lasted 20 years.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Yes, but never with kids under 18. And if he's been divorced more than twice :wink:
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Of course!
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    I would things happen marriages do break down my parents one did I don't see the taboo with it. My dad is now happily remarried and my mum is in a long term relationship with a guy who had been divorced.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    WHy wouldn't you? If you get along with the person you date them...
  • mnharrington
    mnharrington Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would as long as they did not have children younger than mine.
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person, why they divorced, how they relate to the ex and whether they have kids.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.
  • CaoimheAine
    CaoimheAine Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm too young to say right now, but why not?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I find the 28 and younger crowd generally won't. I dated a girl once who wouldn't give me a chance at first for this very reason, until she got to know me.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I don't see an issue with this.
    ... Not dating someone who is divorced is the same as not dating someone because they've had previous relationships.

At least someone divorced shows signs of being someone who would consider a future beyond just casual dating/hooking up... it can be a positive.

And I also don't have an issue if the person has kids... people DO reproduce after all...

I just wouldn't date a divorced person (or anyone) who wanted MORE children. (I refuse to be pregnant. But I like kids and wouldn't mind being a step mom if the right person came along.)
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Being divorced is not like having leprosy. Also, being divorced myself I think you relate to one another much better.
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    I married a twice divorced man.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on the circumstances.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    As long as it had been a while since the divorce, and I was not rebound girl... maybe. But my husband would have to be dead first.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Why not....everyone has skeletons in their closet, being divorced is no different.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with it, unless he's been divorced more than say 3 times....it just makes you wonder then. :frown:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Well seeing as I'm 25 and I've been divorced twice, then yes, I definitely would. I would actually prefer to find someone divorced and childless in the age range of 28-35.