Ladies - Would you date someone who is divorced?

Options

Replies

• klindaberry
    klindaberry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I married one with 2 kids.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

Sometimes there are circumstances that warrant a divorce or make it inevitable.
  • Skinny4BG
    Skinny4BG Posts: 145
    Options
    Wouldnt be the first time I did... and wont be the last if I do again...
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Been there. When I met my husband he had been divorced for six months from his first wife. We dated for 14 months before we got married. All these years later we have two great kids and next month we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Honestly, I was more concerned about the fact that he had filed bankruptcy than the fact that he was divorced.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I find the 28 and younger crowd generally won't. I dated a girl once who wouldn't give me a chance at first for this very reason, until she got to know me.
    I'm over 28, but I would have given the same answer when younger. When I was 21 I dated a guy who was divorced. He did turn out to be crazypants, but I don't think that's related.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've been married twice. Both times the guy had been married before me. It's the time in which we live nowadays.
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I haven't, but I definitely would. It seems unfair to rule someone out based on this. My friend's brother was married at 18 years old and divorced by 20...I wouldn't hold that against him...my decisions around the 18 year mark weren't the greatest!
  • courtney131
    Options
    I'm 21 and I would. Unless it was a very extreme circumstance.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I was married when I met my current Husband, but he was never married, but I have to say it makes no difference, I would date someone I liked
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    More importantly, would you date someone who answers a hard "no" to your question without taking even a moment to consider the reason for the divorce? My vote is no. I'd rather date someone whose husband left her for her fitness trainer than someone who can't critically think and evaluate the situation.
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Well, I did and so did my husband. I am divorced once and he is divorced twice....my ex-husband and his 2nd ex-wife were cheaters....that didn't mean we did anything so bad we deserved it. His first ex....well, that's another post entirely, but not every relationship works....maybe that just means that person didn't find the right one the first...or second time.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Since Im divorced I wouldnt have room to judge. I dont see a problem with dating someone who is divorced, unless they are divorced because they cheated. Thats the only reason I wouldnt consider a relationship with someone who was divorced.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. In fact, I would tend to shy away from a guy who hadn't been married before....mainly because I'm 31 and usually attracted to guys a few years older than me. I view my failed marriage as a huge learning experience....I feel like a man who has been divorced and is willing to try again probably has learned some major lessons about marriage. I know I have.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I would never not date someone because they were divorced.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

Sometimes there are circumstances that warrant a divorce or make it inevitable.

"Circumstancs" is not 'till death, now is it?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    If I were single, I would. I got married during college and was divorced before a year was up. I hardly feel like I had a first marriage! It's not much different than dating someone who had a long term relationship that ended. If there are kids involved that complicates it a bit but I would not turn down a date because of it.
  • yesca192324
    Options
    Yes, depends on the person and situation
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm married...
    but i know that marriages can be done for the wrong reasons
    so yeah I probably would..I would probably wonder what went
    wrong so I would ask a lot of questions or expect the guy to
    tell me so I don't dread asking...I would expect someone that
    is good at communicating because in the back of my mind I would
    be wondering if it would happen again-but as long as he was open
    and upfront about it i wouldn't see a problem.

everyone deserves to be happy!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm divorced, who am I to judge?
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, anyone want my lying, cheating, piece of ****, soon to be ex?