has a close friend of yours died?

Options
1235»

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Lost a friend last year due to a drug overdose, it was super hard as he was an amazing person.
    Also lost my old high school counsellor, another hard one as she was the only reason I graduated and she loved her students as her own children.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    I lost a good friend when I was 18. She passed the day before high school graduation from Minengitious....no idea how to spell that. It was a terrible loss. My mother in law died 6 months ago and her brother just passed a couple weeks ago. But I do feel a little different when its a friend that passes. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My best friend was killed by a drunk driver when we were 17. My entire world was crushed. Even 10 years later I still grieve. So sorry about your loss. It's never easy.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    When I was 15 my good friend died. It was very sudden and unexpected and hit me and my friends hard. His and my families were friends too so it really affected me. I still cry when I think about him 20 years on :(
    I don't think any of us really dealt with it at the time, there were a few of us who found him and should really have had counselling but never did.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    16 years ago a good friend of mine had a deadly accident with his motorbike. A few hours earlier he was trying to convince me to ride with him to go to a party to a city next to ours. I might be dead too if I had gone with him or he might be alive because I wouldn't let him drink and drive. Since then I 'm too afraid to ride motorbikes and I never let anyone that I know to drink and drive.
    I'll never forget him although it gets easier after some years...
    And surely I won't forget what I saw after the accident.... never in my life.

So... Don't drink and drive. Lot's of pain left behind.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Other than my grandfather, my first experience was at 17 when my dad died. Now i know parents die but NOBODY should lose a parent before becoming an adult. NEVER!!

After that, one of my good friends was gunned down by a cop in 2009. When I moved to Massachusetts, I went to a school where outsiders weren't welcome. I was 16 and in 11th grade and very alone. This guy who died was the only one who accepted me and took me under his wing. I was so heartbroken when he died, he was only 24.
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    I lost a boyfriend through a car crash, the next year one of my best friends was shot for his tennis shoes. :'(