Is this grounds for divorce?????

Options
DavetheHYNIC
DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
Let's say you were married to someone for 10 years and one Sunday you come down for lunch and your spouse says I have fixed a "shrimp salad for lunch would you like some?". You are allergic to shellfish and have never eaten shrimp in your life. Just based on this alone would you say that is grounds for divorce?

Replies

• FloraLyons
    FloraLyons Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    um no... unless you suspect they are trying to kill you for the insurance money. Then HECK YEAH!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Calm down bro, she probably just had you confused with someone else.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Brain fart
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Nowadays, people are way too quick to suggest divorce.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I hope this is a joke.
  • Ms_NewNew
    Ms_NewNew Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Divorce NO...........*kitten* WHOOPING........OH HELL YES.....with the pan them SCRIMPS was cooked in
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hope this is a joke.

So do I. Of course it's ground for a divorce.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    um no... unless you suspect they are trying to kill you for the insurance money. Then HECK YEAH!

^^^^^
    This
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right? Maybe she forgot. Maybe she wasn't aware. Maybe she slipped up and was trying to be nice. Who knows. Unless she was doing it on purpose then no. lol
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Calm down bro, she probably just had you confused with someone else.

:laugh: My thoughts exactly.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure, she is clearly having an affair, shrimp are the universal sign for cheaters. It is known.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. What kind of dressing?
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Next time don't tell her what is in it... will be much cheaper then divorce.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Let's say you were married to someone for 10 years and one Sunday you come down for lunch and your spouse says I have fixed a "shrimp salad for lunch would you like some?". You are allergic to shellfish and have never eaten shrimp in your life. Just based on this alone would you say that is grounds for divorce?

She forgot that she wasn't talking to her boyfriend who was still in your bed?
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well, realistically probably not, but sheesh, after 10 years together, that's pretty depressing, maybe she really was trying to kill you! ;)
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maybe the mail man likes his shrimps that way ;)
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure, she is clearly having an affair, shrimp are the universal sign for cheaters. It is known.

^^^^^^
    THIS

*insert eyeroll here*
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Next time don't tell her what is in it... will be much cheaper then divorce.
    She's the one that made it, dude.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Unless she was have a brain bubble and didn't think shrimp was shellfish....otherwise she just deserves the heinous wife award.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I sent my diabetic boyfriend a cookie bouquet once...LOL. Total mind blank.

Nothing was probably meant by it. Odd though. Then again after 30 years my dad still doesn't remember I don't eat ketchup or mustard.