Is this grounds for divorce?????

Options

Replies

• BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Let's say you were married to someone for 10 years and one Sunday you come down for lunch and your spouse says I have fixed a "shrimp salad for lunch would you like some?". You are allergic to shellfish and have never eaten shrimp in your life. Just based on this alone would you say that is grounds for divorce?

lol maybe it was a joke....
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    um no... unless you suspect they are trying to kill you for the insurance money. Then HECK YEAH!
    Did she know you were allergic? If yes then this^^^^
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No, I try to feed my brother in-law peanutbutter all the time even though he hates oeanut butter. lol it's love

Sorry and he is allergic. A guy I work with is allergic to the pollen on fresh fruit so i always offer him some lmao
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Let's say you were married to someone for 10 years and one Sunday you come down for lunch and your spouse says I have fixed a "shrimp salad for lunch would you like some?". You are allergic to shellfish and have never eaten shrimp in your life. Just based on this alone would you say that is grounds for divorce?

Hmmm an assassination attempt.. sounds serious. Did you forget to take out the trash?
  • 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Take her to the doctor to find out if she has early-onset Alzheimer's.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    :happy: i would had asked to be a wise *kitten*.. but thats just me..
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. How dare she spend even one second of her life not thinking about you and your needs? What kind of wife is she?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe you guys should never get married. Then you wouldn't have to be contemplating this in the first place.

You seem cross about this. Was there a crustacean related mishap in one of your previous relationships?

Thanks for assuming I've had a previous relationship. Sorry, I haven't :happy:
    You're scaring them all away with your love of shrimp.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Next time don't tell her what is in it... will be much cheaper then divorce.
    She's the one that made it, dude.
    ^^This

It was probably your turn to cook.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    could be an innocent mistake, brain cloud, or it could be a first attempt, maybe hire a food tester? I hope it was innocent
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Nowadays, people are way too quick to suggest divorce.

this
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    better than her giving you crabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!! If you're serious, man up and discuss things through. If you're trolling....LMAO!!!!
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    This is something you should not be discussing with internet people.

I actually agree with this 100%-- we are people trying to lose weight and change our health-- we are not specifically suited to handle matters of a personal affair with strangers. I mean, really, would you come home and say 'The concensus on the internet says I should divorce you'

Totally agree! It's a weight loss website, not Dr Phil or Maury!! Smh!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think she has a reason to divorce you based on this thread. So there ya go.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I left my first wife, because I sent her to the store for Bourbon. She came back with Evan Williams. I drink Knob Creek. B*tch slapped her and put her to the curb.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Perhaps more grounds for a restraining order. Keep lookin' over your shoulder man...that may have just been attempt #1.
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is something you should not be discussing with internet people.

I actually agree with this 100%-- we are people trying to lose weight and change our health-- we are not specifically suited to handle matters of a personal affair with strangers. I mean, really, would you come home and say 'The concensus on the internet says I should divorce you'

I think it's funny and sad at the same time. Funny that it's so ridiculous to think some would base a divorce on the internet and sad knowing that this actually happens. You know someone somewhere out there has went to their spouse and said "I want a divorce....my friends on (inset website here) think you're a ..... and I should leave you". It's scary really when you think about it.
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    nope... I'd say you're being a petulant baby.

^^^LMAO! Amen to that!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    No. I've been a type 1 diabetic for 22 years and my mom still brings cookies (or donuts or candy) when she comes to my house.

It's easy to just not be thinking.

Especially with shrimp--people often forget they are shellfish. They are low cal, so she was probably trying to do something healthy for you.

However, since you even had to ask the question, you probably should just get divorced. If something like this makes you upset enough to consider it, she's better off without you.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It's grounds for murder.