Is this grounds for divorce?????

Options

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I hope this is a joke.

So do I. Of course it's ground for a divorce.

Maybe you guys should never get married. Then you wouldn't have to be contemplating this in the first place.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    yey it was a mistake on her part, she had you and I mixed up, i like shellfish.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Let's say you were married to someone for 10 years and one Sunday you come down for lunch and your spouse says I have fixed a "shrimp salad for lunch would you like some?". You are allergic to shellfish and have never eaten shrimp in your life. Just based on this alone would you say that is grounds for divorce?

Only if she neglected to tell you it had shrimp in it till you ate a huge plate of it...

**ETA And when you came to you found her dancing around your body singing, Ding dong the witch is dead.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    This is something you should not be discussing with internet people.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    lol SERIOUSLY?
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    O.o
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Divorce, no...but I would be a little hurt and probably a little mad too if after 10 years my spouse wasnt aware of what I was allergic to. Just pout until she feels guilty and gives you some "extra special" attention :laugh:
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    .....No. Were they joking?
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No-- but I would seriously question it as well as the circumstances that led to it--was it a joke, temp mind lapse ect? If divorcing over that ALONE--it sounds like someone is just looking for anything to grab on to just to go ahead and get a divorce. Divorce is easy--anyone can do that--it takes someone w/ real dedication and persistence and love to work at being married

\\
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    better than her giving you crabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    No. she prob just forgot as shrimp prob does not come up much. Or maybe she was testing you to see if you are truely allergic. sounds like a lot of mistrust issues to me! I forget all the time what my hubby likes/dislikes for food! I have to ask him all the time, does not mean im cheating on him. if she did not tell you it was shrimp and hid them in food, then i would say you have an issue.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Next time don't tell her what is in it... will be much cheaper then divorce.
    She's the one that made it, dude.
    I think you are implying that... read the OP... it is very open ended as to who is the shrimper!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    umm, no. I have been married for 20 years. My husband can not remember what color my eyes are and has a hard time remembering my birthday...............it's the day after his. How could I expect him to remember if I had food allergies?
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    Divorce NO...........*kitten* WHOOPING........OH HELL YES.....with the pan them SCRIMPS was cooked in
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a very dear friend that absolutely hates onions. To the point she overracts everytime one happens to get near her plate. I have from time to time completely brain farted and asked her if she wanted some of my onion rings because I had so many.

Absent minded kind gesture I think.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My own mother forgets how old I am, what I'm allergic to, and what foods I like on a regular basis.

But of course, shrimp salad? Total grounds for divorce.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    better than her giving you crabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is true! LOL
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    I hope this is a joke.

Ditto
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Grounds for divorce is when she says, "I made some lovely chicken salad honey, would you like some?" and really it is shrimp.

Seriuosly, I'm married to someone with fish allergies. We don't keep *any* kind of fish in the house, period. I once fed my dogs some salmon oil on top of their dog food, the one dog breathed in hubby's face and his lips started swelling up. Not cool!