For all those on MFP who are sexually active

Options
Ok. So I was telling a friend of mine who wanted to get in shape about MFP and she asked me if you track the sex since it is a good form of exercise. I couldn't tell her because i am single and not having any kind of relationship with someone else.

So I ask you all. Do you track sex because it is calories burnt or not? If so, how? If not, why?

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    No. It really isn't that many calories burned. It just seems like it should be. Going up and down stairs for 5 minutes would burn more calories than relations for 30 minutes unless you're working REALLY hard at those relations.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i dont track it but i have really good sex so i just think of it as a calorie burning bonus. lol.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    sex? what's that?
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't count cleaning or yard work either. Only actual physical exercise/weight lifting is all that I count.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do you really want everyone who can see your diary to know?
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Nah. You have a certain number of estimated calories burned every day just from your activity multiplier, and there's no need to know for sure if that estimate is totally accurate, or where the calories all came from.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    No. It really isn't that many calories burned. It just seems like it should be. Going up and down stairs for 5 minutes would burn more calories than relations for 30 minutes unless you're working REALLY hard at those relations.

Wow 30 Minutes I wish!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have always been curious of the same thing. I am wondering if the mood would be ruined if I wore my Heart Rate monitor with the chest stap during "relations" ......lol
    it would be interesting to see how many calories are burned!! :love:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If it lasts more than 15 minutes and I'm on top. ;D

EDIT: I do have a little tact, I log it as general aerobics. :laugh:
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    No. But if you'd like to, log it as "wrestling" or something. :P
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't. Nobody really wants to know when I get lucky, so I just keep that info to myself. LOL:blushing: :love: :blushing:
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    I have always been curious of the same thing. I am wondering if the mood would be ruined if I wore my Heart Rate monitor with the chest stap during "relations" ......lol
    it would be interesting to see how many calories are burned!! :love:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - Brings a whole new meaning to a 'strap on' LMAO!!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Just for laughs.
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm i've not thought about this before... counting calories is the last thing on my mind when sex is on the menu.. :laugh:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I wish...:sad:
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    No, it didn't keep me from getting fat -- so I'm pretty it's not going to help me get thin. Just enjoy it :flowerforyou: and not worry about how many calories you are or are not burning.
This discussion has been closed.