For all those on MFP who are sexually active

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Is this a real question?

My bf and I have sexy time on the regular, but I don't log it. I just include it as a regular part of my life, like cleaning or cooking or brushing my teeth.
  • Angelangi
    Angelangi Posts: 35
    Options
    Nope, I don't count cleaning or yard work either. Only actual physical exercise/weight lifting is all that I count.

How do you track weight lifting. I have been using various weight machines but haven't a clue how to track it.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I don't track things that I do in the regular course of living as I feel that's in my base number. And, beyond that, how often do you bump boots for long enough for it to matter? Besides, I'm pretty sure my girl friend wouldn't want me wearing my HRM during... Or maybe she would... hmmmm

:bigsmile:
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Nope - it is just a perk.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor during the act....

NOT.

If someone seriously resorts to sex as a form of exercise that is the epitome of lazy to me.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've done it and worn the HRM. She didn't mind so I thought why not! I burned rather a lot but then again I'm quite a fit individual lol.

294 calories 54 mins

I've heard this isn't correct though because your heart rate artificially rises, you aren't actually burning that many calories as the HRM thinks you are? Also has to account for all the slowing down and speeding up that you do, it's a toughie.
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    haha!
    i dont count it, but i have a friend who logs it as "cleaning"
  • noblea1
    noblea1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, I do track it as Cardio, Sex burns an average of 300 and hour and foreplay is additional calories the longer you do it! So HELL YES I track it :happy: if it gets the heart rate up and pumpin why not?!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    how many calories are there per battery?

^^^This^^^ :laugh:
  • NoxImus
    NoxImus Posts: 4
    Options
    Seeing as though if a girl is on top, on bottom or whatever, I like to do most of the work. I'd say on average me and my girlfriends sex lasts about an hour, so I would like to count that as a good amount of calories burned.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    If you're doing all the work, I suppose so.....HIIT- right hand for guys, HIIT middle and index finger for girls \m/
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.

hahahahaha! nearly pissed myself reading that!

^^^ this haha. x
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.

LMAO.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Seeing as though if a girl is on top, on bottom or whatever, I like to do most of the work. I'd say on average me and my girlfriends sex lasts about an hour, so I would like to count that as a good amount of calories burned.

Yeah, yeah - in your dreams!!! an hour!
  • noblea1
    noblea1 Posts: 5
    Options
    :laugh: I strongly suggest you visit this website if you feel that sex isnt a form of exercise or check your sex life it could be lacking some...just sayin!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/297695-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-sex/
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOL
    I figure any calories burned were eaten back anyway.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I don't track anything that is part of my daily activity

WINNER !!!!!!!!
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    lol....right!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Well, it's about time someone created a thread about this topic!
This discussion has been closed.