Does Slim Fast Really Work?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I never tried these supplement, but I heard and read many times about these supplement, these slimfast is used to reduce the pounds, it is a meal replacement that you take without taking meal, one my female friend was using these but she didnot get any positive result so she stop using it.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used them and followed their instructions for about a month. If i lost any weight it was not more than 1 pound. the shakes were 250 calories each. a canister had 10 servings. The whole time I thought.. why don't i just eat 250 calorie meals instead of drink this stuff? the shakes did not suppress my hunger more than 250 calories of say.. pizza, would.
    I did have success with those frozen diet foods the orange and white box brand. They tell you how many calories are in them and they made feel way fuller then slimfast did, for the same amount of calories.
  • mollymcdonald0
    mollymcdonald0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used it for about 4 weeks to jump start my weight loss--- when I stopped the weight came back. I eat it for breakfast with fruit or something to keep me full. I wouldn't recommend for long term use at all.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard some people find success with it. But not many. And many have side effects and rebound the weight as soon as they stop.
  • lisanjake
    lisanjake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How would people suggest using it? I don't have a lot to lose, only about 10lb maximum...
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    1. Get a Weeks's supply of slim-fast.

2. Strap it to your backt

3. Go for a run.

That's about as effective as it's gonna get.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used them but then i realized that they are around 250 calories which is about the same amount of calories as a lean cuisine frozen dinner. and to be blunt, a frozen dinner is a lot more satisfying. After this Epiphany, slim fast became totally obsolete in my eyes.