The Wii Fit Team!!!!!!!!!!

Options
This team is open to everyone who:

A. Just bought a Wii Fit and want to use it

B. Has a Wii Fit, but has become super-bored of it

C. Has a Wii Fit, and LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are people like you out there in the big world of MFP!:flowerforyou:

First, list the average amount you feel you can commit to working out on your Wii Fit . . .

Replies

• frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Have had a Wii Fit for over a year. I average 45 minutes per day, six days per week. Step Aerobics and the Rhythm Boxing. If you want something more hardcore, the Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing program will make you SWEAT and leave you sore in the following days. I'm working into that.

SO... I'd like to join the Wii Fit team... 45 minutes per day, six days a week.

212376.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Have had a Wii Fit for over a year. I average 45 minutes per day, six days per week. Step Aerobics and the Rhythm Boxing. If you want something more hardcore, the Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing program will make you SWEAT and leave you sore in the following days. I'm working into that.

SO... I'd like to join the Wii Fit team... 45 minutes per day, six days a week.

212376.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Cloppppp.:noway:

That's the sound of my mouth falling off my face.:laugh:

6 days a week of Wii Fit? That's awesome!!!!!!!! Do you do any other exercise routine or is that it????
  • frankborelli
    Options
    MOST of the time that's it. I like to walk and was doing that steadily twice a week while my son was at lacrosse practice. Laps around the middle school where practice was held. I have a BowFlex in my laundry room that I get on sometimes, but thanks to male physiology I GAIN more weight in built muscle mass than I lose if I use it very often. I am careful to log things like mowing my lawn... MFP gives me calorie credits for that!

Truth be told.. although six days a week of Wii Fit CAN be done and I HAVE done it for weeks on end, after awhile it does get tedious and I have a hard time maintaining more than four. But after a few days of NOT being on it I feel guilty and get back in the saddle.
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    I would like to be on a team...but I can only commit to probably 3-4 days a week of Wii Fit. Any room for me?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I would like to be on a team...but I can only commit to probably 3-4 days a week of Wii Fit. Any room for me?

3 to 4 days is about average, don't worry. Sure, come on and join!:happy:
  • kolney
    Options

Awesome! Thanks. Now what do I do? Is there a challenge somewhere? I'm new to MFP so I'm not sure what to do. Thank you!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I started at 178.
    Now I'm at 165.
    I need to be at 130-135.

I can pledge to do the WII 3-4 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
  • fitgal411
    Options

Awesome! Thanks. Now what do I do? Is there a challenge somewhere? I'm new to MFP so I'm not sure what to do. Thank you!

Once we get some more people to join, we'll think up a challenge.

JOIN JOIN JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • kolney
    Options

Once we get some more people to join, we'll think up a challenge.

Cool. Thanks!

I agree: Join join join! LOL

JOIN JOIN JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii everyday for my hour of cardio every other day and 45 minutes of strength training on the opposite days, but I rarely use the Wii Fit, unless I want to add a low impact workout to my cardio days, just to give the ol' metabolism a boost in the afternoon. Regardless, I'd still like to join. Can I simply commit minutes for the Wii in general or does it have to be the Wii Fit?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I use my Wii everyday for my hour of cardio every other day and 45 minutes of strength training on the opposite days, but I rarely use the Wii Fit, unless I want to add a low impact workout to my cardio days, just to give the ol' metabolism a boost in the afternoon. Regardless, I'd still like to join. Can I simply commit minutes for the Wii in general or does it have to be the Wii Fit?

Doesn't matter. My favorite Wii Exercise is Dance Dance Revolution actually - Wii Fit is 2nd. Most people on here seem to like Wii Fit, though, so that's why I called it the Wii Fit Team.
  • CandaceW
    CandaceW Posts: 73
    Options
    yeah!!! go fitgal stepping up and starting a team!!!!!!!!!!
  • Delphi
    Options

Doesn't matter. My favorite Wii Exercise is Dance Dance Revolution actually - Wii Fit is 2nd. Most people on here seem to like Wii Fit, though, so that's why I called it the Wii Fit Team.

Sounds good then! I have DDR on the 360 and love it.
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    I got the Wii Fit for Mother's Day and love it! I would commit to 5 days a week, 30 minutes each day.
    When/how do we start?
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, got a wii fit for my birthday but havent been making the most of it, will commit to using it atleast 3 days a week!:wink:maybe more depending on what the challenge is:laugh:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    OK, here's who we have so far . . .

MissMessy - 3 days/week
    glendaz - 5 days/week - 30 mins
    Delphi - ??????
    CandaceW - ?????????
    Kolney - 3 to 4 days/week
    jam0525 - 3 to 4 days/week - 30 mins
    frankborelli - 6 days/week - 45 mins
    fitgal411 (me) - 3 days/week - 30 mins

Delphi and CandaceW . . . I don't have your minutes! Tell me asap! We will try to start tomorrow.

Anybody else who wants to join - JOIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

Good luck, everyone!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • frankborelli
    Options
    How will we go about documenting and reporting time?

I spent all of today cleaning out my shed and prepping camp gear for the season. How in the HECK do I figure out calories burned for that? LOL
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm in if the challenge includes strenght training! I run 3 days a week now but I really need to start some st on my other days...so I'm in for 3 days a week/30-45 minutes a day...

Mary
  • Delphi
    Options
    Alright, I'm in for 400 minutes a week, which is what I'm averaging now, with various programs with the Wii platform alone. :wink:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm In!! I would like to commit 5 hours a week. I plan to do an hour a day 5 days a week. I can't wait!! I'm looking to get the my fitness trainer. Anyone have it? Which games do you like the best for wii?? i'm looking to expand my collection! Thanks!!
    :happy: