The Wii Fit Team!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Hey team!

I've been good this week so far. I did an hour of Wii Fit on Mon, Tues and Today. Yesterday I ran for 30 minutes. So I'm feeling pretty good. And I went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch today. Got the Turkey Minis and had them sub green beans for fries. Usually I would just eat the fries. :happy:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    So my Wii Fit balance board actually ended up working for a total of 20 minutes before all the battery life left. So I did Dance Dance Revolution for 20 more minutes. So I think that's a total of 100 minutes, which is 10 more than my goal!

I'll be back to doing the Wii next Sunday. Have a good 4th of July weekend!:happy:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    I do a body test EVERY day...BUT, I end it after getting my weight :laugh: My goal for next week is to do 90 minutes on my wii :happy: of JUST arobics though. You burn a lot more calories doing arobics! And maybe i'll try and do 30 "free" minutes of doing anything such as yoga, or strenghth training :heart:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Alright guys, it's TUESDAY!!!! Check in time. I only did the Wii Fit twice last week, I did do the 30 Day Shred 4 days tho, so I was just to beat to do anything more. So, I am going to be easy on myself this week and change my goal to twice a week until I finish the Shred.
    I have been doing the body test everyday though, so I guess that's something!

Where is everyone?? Don't forget to check in!!
    Good luck this week everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Hello???
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I managed to get on the Wii 5 times last week. 30-33 minutes each time, mostly aerobics. I've got it down to being able to get the Wii on and get it on the 30 minute free step during 1 commercial break, then the kids get to watch TV and I get to step to my heart's content.

How did everyone do over the weekend? I went over on the 4th, but have managed to get back on track quickly.

Good luck everyone this next week.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    I hope that everyone is still just getting back on track after the holiday weekend and not just fizzling out on the Wii Fit or this forum.

Where did we end up with coming up with some kind of challenge or reporting on body test results?

How about a Hula Hoop contest for next week? Starting the 14th? Let's see who can get the highest scores on the lowest time setting?

JAM
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I'm back from vaca and I just did the Wii for a half hour.:happy:

A hula hoop contest sounds great! I always feel a little dizzy after doing Super Hula Hoop! And I look ridiculous doing it, but it's fun!:laugh:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Welcome back Fitgal, hope you had a great time. I would be willing to try a hoola hoop contest as well =0)
  • fitgal411
    Options
    So today is check-in day for everyone who hasn't abandoned the team.:cry: Did you complete the Body Test challenge?

I did only 30 minutes. I did not reach my goal.:grumble:

Okay, so if I'm correct, the hula hoop challenge starts today? We are seeing who can get the highest score in the lowest time.:happy:
  • missevie38
    Options
    I'd like to join! We have the wii Fit and also the EA Active - 10 minutes of that and I walked like a cripple for 2 days! Yes, right now, I am too fat and out of shape to exercise! But I will commit to 30 minutes 4 days a week.
    Thanks!
  • immarockstar
    Options
    Hey everyone! I would love to join the wii fit team if i can. I got a fit for xmas last year and haven't really used it at all. Just joined MFP a week or so ago and definitely need some motivation for the exercise part.

I can commit to 30 mins 4 days a week.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Welcome missevie38 and immarockstar!:flowerforyou:

This week we are having a hula hooping contest. Check-in is Tuesdays!

Good luck!:happy:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Ok, so apparantly twice a week is more reasonable while doing the 30 day shred because this week I reached my goal of 2 times for 30 mins.
    Is anyone else checking in?
    :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    Options
    I did 5 times a week, but some how I lost track of my time. I think I ended up 5 minutes short of 30 minutes each session.

Something I learned........................
    I had focused on aerobics to try and make up for overeating 4th of July weekend and in just 1 week, my scores went way (way) down on my yoga and strength excercises. I was shocked!

My ADHD son could stand stiller that I could. :ohwell: lol

Note to self - keep workouts well rounded.

JAM
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    I did 5 times a week, but some how I lost track of my time. I think I ended up 5 minutes short of 30 minutes each session.

I had focused on aerobics to try and make up for overeating 4th of July weekend and in just 1 week, my scores went way (way) down on my yoga and strength excercises. I was shocked!

JAM

5 times, wow, you're awesome!!
    I have noticed the same thing now that this isn't my main exercise, my scores are way lower too. You are right though, we need to round em out!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options

JAM

5 times, wow, you're awesome!!
    I have noticed the same thing now that this isn't my main exercise, my scores are way lower too. You are right though, we need to round em out!! :flowerforyou:

I always have trouble with the balancing exercises. Have any of you unlocked the one where you have to stare at the candle and stay still (I forget the name)? I can only do it for about 30 seconds.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    The zen one, yes, I love that one. I do it every time at the end. I've mastered it, the trick is slow shallow breaths and focus on a certain object and kind of meditate, love it! :bigsmile: I did discover that I can't do the hula hoop one anymore, I have SI Joint problems and apparently this makes it worse, so I'm out of that challenge, oh well, next one b:bigsmile:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Aww, we lost a contestant!:cry: Is hula hooping really bad for your joints?

Who else is doing the hula hooping contest? To be honest, I haven't started yet, but I probably will tomorrow. I just have to find the Balance Board battery charger.:indifferent:

For some reason, whenever I'm doing yoga or strength training on the balance board, I get all shaky. But when I do the same exercises without the Wii, my body just acts normal. It's weird. Does anyone else have that problem?
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Well the SI joint is in your lower back just above the behind, and that is what you use when you hula hoop. My masseuse told me it's not a good idea, and I did notice that every time I do that I'm in more pain.
    I do the same thing as you on the balance board. If I do it without the board I'm steady, when I step on it I shake. I don't know, maybe because we're on a platform our body assumes that we're going to fall, lol, vertigo on a tiny platform :laugh: Who knows, I've wondered about this myself.