The Wii Fit Team!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Ive had the Wii Fit since around last xmas...and currently I hate the thing. It nags, its scales for whats obese/underweight/normal seem off, it asks me mean questions, and the trainer annoys me at this point even when shes saying Im doing amazing.
    Ive opened everything there is on that game. Im sure it could help to continue using it, but all Ive used it for on the rare occasion I do use it is some balance games, and aerobics...sometimes the yoga and strength but very rarely. I tend to do strength with other workouts and I apparently just cant get into yoga.

Id love to know what this thread is all about, tho!
  • AimeeMacDougall
    Options
    I have had my Wii fit since March and I love it! I also have the Golds Gym Cardio workout, but only recently purchased it. It seems good.

I would love to join this group.

Uh... I usually try to do an hour a day for at least the 5 days of the week..lol... but let's just say that I can commit to 45 minutes per day just in case something goes haywire..LOL
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    My high score on the 3 minute boxing was 363.

For those just checking out the thread...............

We each set our own goals for how many times a week, how many minutes that we pledge to try to do. Checkin is on Tuesdays.

Also, for the fun of it we've been setting a challenge each week to see who can get the highest score on one of the games.

Hope you join us,

JAM
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I bet I can get like 30 mins a day 3-5 times a week, but thats as specific as I can guess. Im still planning out other workout activities and just getting into the whole idea of setting a schedule for myself.
    Ill be sure to try, tho!
  • baby_gyrlamc
    Options
    Ok I will definitely work on getting my step score over 600!
  • AimeeMacDougall
    Options
    Is boxing the challenge for this week? I do the 10 minute sessions and get scores of 1200 or more.... Can we still join in on the challenge or do we need to wait for the next one?

Thank you!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Is boxing the challenge for this week? I do the 10 minute sessions and get scores of 1200 or more.... Can we still join in on the challenge or do we need to wait for the next one?

Thank you!

Join in now!:happy: But we're doing the 3 minute session to start, so the challenge can be done by beginners, too.
  • AimeeMacDougall
    Options
    Oh ok, and what is the challenge? Is there a certain score to beat or a different criteria?

Thank you
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Oh ok, and what is the challenge? Is there a certain score to beat or a different criteria?

Thank you

Just try and score as high as you can and tell us what your highest score was.:flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    so my new high score on the 10 min hula hoop today was like 3477 or something.
    and my new 10 min score on boxing was 1212 I believe.

We're goin for scores on the 3 min boxing right?
  • AimeeMacDougall
    Options
    So I just finished the 3 minute boxing and the score was 343.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I just realized I didn't post my boxing score

3 min: 349

How about for a challenge this week we have at least half of our Wii minutes be yoga and strength training exercises?
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. How do you log Wii Fit? I did a search for Wii and did not see anything. I have the Fit, Gold's Gym and Personal trainer.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. How do you log Wii Fit? I did a search for Wii and did not see anything. I have the Fit, Gold's Gym and Personal trainer.

There is some website that tells you how many calories you burn when you do Wii Fit. It's based on your weight and age. But I heard it was in Japanese? I just log it as "light aerobics"
  • fitgal411
    Options
    So today is check-in day.

I guess next week's challenge will be for half of our time to come from yoga and strength training. Am I right?????
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options

If you look back a few pages or so I gave the Japanese web site and a bit of a tutorial on how to work it, I haven't used it in a while and don't remember step by step so that's your best option.

Ok, so I haven't done the Wii all week :blushing: ...I have no air conditioning and it's been WAY to hot to do anything in the house so I've just been walking outside and stuff. I will try this week to do the Yoga and strength training challenge since that is something I can do in the heat :bigsmile:
  • baby_gyrlamc
    Options
    Okay so last week I did really bad on not getting on the wii but my AC tried burning down my house and my septic tank tried overflowing. I have been walking a lot and cleaning the house more hopefully that burned extra calories. lol It's 85 in the house right now and I hope the solution is done but still not sure. I will definitely get back on the ball tonight after it cools a little bit and do yoga and strength training.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Wii Fit Team -

We are all having a bad week. lol

I've not had a chance to do the Wii much. I've been walking around the soccer field everyday while my kids practice for tryouts.

Hopefully, I will get back on track this week.

Good luck everyone.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    I finally got back on the Wii last night (free step) and this morning (strength training). It was so sad how low my scores got from just missing one little old week.

What is the challenge for this week?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I finally got back on the Wii last night (free step) and this morning (strength training). It was so sad how low my scores got from just missing one little old week.

What is the challenge for this week?

I suggest that half of our Wii Fit minutes be yoga and strength training . . .