100 days, 34 lbs, no exercise. You can do it...

Options

Replies

• AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and congratulations on your success. Everything you say makes so much sense I'll be re-reading it several times over the coming months for inspiration.
  • MannixLady
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR THE STORY! I am not the best at working out unless I have someone to do it with me, someone to push me out the door to go and really do it... this will be one of many tries for me to lose weight... my whole life ive been up and down. This really did help me though... I am going to try and be strong as well!
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am impressed by your post, and am happy to see all the good it is doing for other MFP'ers. Well done!
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job!! There are so many ways to reach your goals. When I was at my highest weight, I also only cut calories and moderated. Now that I'm smaller I've found that it takes much longer to lose weight by calorie counting alone. If anyone here gets to that point...I've found that just 2-3 days of 20 minute HIIT routines work great. (Great burn and not too much time wasted)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think I love you.
    Thank you for posting that story, I feel like there is a lightbulb above my head that just lit up with a hearty "DING!"

Also Arshness, bless you! You sound rather like me and I totally get it. You and I can do it :)
  • ladykatie16
    Options
    I'm also super-inspired by this post. You've shown that it's not necessary to be a gym rat to lose the weight. Can't wait to start my own weight-loss journey...:smile:
  • brooke159
    brooke159 Posts: 21
    Options
    bump
  • gweny70
    gweny70 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great post!
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    what a great story! congrats on your weight loss!
  • morganmacph
    Options
    This is actually exactly my story as well! I've lost 16 pounds in 110 days!
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You're very good at writing, your post was easy to follow and flowed really well and had proper grammar (sorry I have to comment on that because so many type on here like 3rd graders!)! Congrats on your success, it's nice that you kept foods around you liked but in moderation. I treat myself a couple of times a week and I admit it's hard not to feel guilty. I wish I could have your mind set that know that it's OKAY to have a bad meal or two because I honestly eat clean 90% of the time. I think what you did worked good for you, but for us women it's not so easy, we have a lot harder time losing weight....but it's refreshing to know that you don't have to spend hours in the gym a week and be perfect 100% of the time to loose weight.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    bump
  • Brittypop
    Brittypop Posts: 67
    Options
    To the OP:

I just wanted to let you know ... that I really appreciate you posting this.

I am over 300 pounds and trying to get to 150 healthy weight for my height. It is a long and arduous battle that I have fought repeatedly and lost repeatedly, returning me only to higher and higher weights. I'm determined this time to succeed, but I've tried to avoid the reasons that I failed in the past.
    I have read a lot of success stories about weight loss. I often find myself reading information on these forums and blogs and such trying to inspire myself and learn more strategies to lose weight.
    But honestly, most of the success stories from people with big weight loss like what I'm aiming for mostly depress me.

The typical: I see a story that looks similar to mine. 20-something or 30-something, 300ish pounds, been heavy most of their life but used to be less heavy and wants it back... They succeeded and show these amazing pictures of how they look after having shed some 150 pounds of weight. It took them a year or two years and they are now a smaller, healthy person.

The pictures alone are encouraging... because they are something I could hope to achieve.

But then I read on to how they did it... and... it is the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

I read these incredible stories of working out diligently or eating Asparagus Parsley for dinner every night or combining some insane level of discipline with an insane level of depriving.

I tell myself "I could do this" but I know... I couldn't.
    And that's where depression hits me.
    Because all the people I see succeeding are doing something I know, truly know, I won't do.

That's where your post comes in.

Your post is not like those posts. It's not even a similar amount of loss to what I need. But it is the single most encouraging post I have ever read for believing that I can and will lose the weight I want to. Because this post doesn't tell me that the only way to win is to stick to some spectacularly high goal that I will not reasonably ever hang on to. It doesn't tell me the only way I can be thin is to eat Lettuce sandwiches for the rest of my life. It doesn't even tell me I have to find a way to force myself to perform hours of activities I don't enjoy at all every single week.

It tells me that I can succeed despite the fact that I've never been a gym nut, or a sports nut, or even very fond of going outside.
    It tells me that I can succeed despite liking real cheese more than fat-free cheese, and that I can still enjoy the things I love.

It tells me that I can really do this. And I can really be the real me I know's in here somewhere.

Because I know myself too. And I believe that knowing oneself is the key to happiness.

And why I've never put this together for myself before is beyond me...

But your post helped me to realize I can do exactly what I want to do without hating my life for the next year or two.

Thank you for writing your story. It has made a huge difference for me today. It has inspired me.
    And I have no doubt now that a year or two from now, I'll be writing a success story of my own. And by then, I will not have forgotten this one. Not at all.

Thank you.

I couldn't have put it better myself!!!
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are a pretty smart lady for being in your 20's. You have the ability for good story telling...you should write and who knows it could be a book someday. I am inspired. Congrats on the weight loss..
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • tfcharity
    tfcharity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this great story. I just signed up to keep track of things today and I am simply motivated by what you have shared! I'm on my way to life without blood pressure meds, tired achey joints, and freedom to sleep properly again. I am 234lbs, but on my way to at least 165!
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing.
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! This encourages me even more. I am going to the gym, which is just 3 times a week and I now feel better about my weekends. I don't workout on the weekends but I do log in my food. I try to stay under my calories even the workout extra's. I do housework and use the Wii fit on my off days from the gym on the week days. I just started my journey 3 weeks ago and I have a long way to go. I love MFP and can't believe I just found out about it. The success stories are the best!! Thank again for sharing. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!