What is YOUR motivation to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My motivation started when one of my three sister's started to lose weight. Of the sisters, she was the largest, with me second. When she started to lose weight all I could think was "I don't want to be the biggest sister", so I decided to try and lose some weight. I've lost 59 pounds and still have 7 more to go to get to the goal I set for myself. Confidence is my motivation now...knowing I can do anything I put my mind to, and I thank my sister for starting me on my journey.

That has gotta be hard on all 3 of you guys constantly comparing... Kudos to you for making a change. :)
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My motivation is having a healthy body so that I will not suffer from all the ailments associated with being overweight.

^ THIS ^ I look around at other women my age (50's) and older who are limping and bent over and I am determined to age strong and healthy. I think of my mother (now 81 yrs old) and all of her ailments, and refuse to be in the same situation when I am her age.
  • luckymom1968
    Options
    my motivation is to get rid of the muffin top that I have hung onto these past 3 years since my daughter was born. I am pretty much just sick of looking at it and want it gone.
  • j3tty
    j3tty Posts: 1
    Options
    vanity and sanity
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A shopping spree for new clothes! =)
  • MrLeeParker
    Options
    This may sound shallow but I would like to improve my dating life.
  • mamaking2012
    mamaking2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going to the doctor and being told im on the verge of a ton of health issues..including diabities...I never like to have my picture taken..and not being able to run around with my kids sucks. I want to renew my wedding vows with my husband and be able to wear a pretty dress. I want to go to the beach and not feel like im gonna be harpooned at any moment..haha..To do this to show all the people that said I couldnt do it.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    To be healthy and able to do the things i love. Hiking, biking, running& and playing with my kids is much easier without so much extracweight.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    1. to fit into the clothes I used to 12 months ago (and I have no baby as an excuse!)
    2. to be fit and strong
    3. to have a great lifestyle where I'm active and healty with more energy
  • luv2rite
    luv2rite Posts: 4
    Options
    My "before" picture.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I would like to buy clothes that are cute. I only buy clothes from Dress Barn, Bealls, and JCPenneys because of my weight. I would love to buy one pair of jeans from Buckle. I love sundresses and if I can find my knees (they are hidden behind fat) I want to buy a sundress with some cute cowboy boots.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    1) Vanity;

2) Desire to avoid obesity-related health problems suffered by family members (Should be Reason 1, but I'm being honest :smile: );

3) Enjoy being able to move in an unencumbered fashion;

4) Learning to sew, and don't want to go to all that effort if I'm not going to look decent. The best design can only do so much.

5) Need to combat ageism. Weight tends to age a person's appearance. I need to look youthful and vital in the marketplace and staying trim is a non-crazy way to do that.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I felt so awful physically and mentally and figured I wasn't going to see 55yrs old. Now all my blood tests are PERFECT,sugar,BP, tryglicerides,cholesterol,hair, skin, mind everything! I discovered as I started that I could go more than 3days without a drink or fast food.I feel 10 years younger instead of older. 100 days drink and fast food free and 40lbs[ I lost a few before tracking]. my motivation now is to enjoy the next 25yrs of my life since I sort of wasted the last 15. I want to stay on the right path,not always easy,but always a great feeling when succesful. Another 30pounds or so..and watch out! maybe I will even date! wow did I write that?
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    setting a good example for my girls about needing to be healthy! and... obvi to wear cute clothes again!!!
  • klmh614
    klmh614 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been having trouble getting pregnant. My doctor said losing weight may help so my motivation is to helpnmenget prrgnant!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    To show myself that I can and to make others eat their words.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

That's not shallow, that's human. :smile:
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Totally hear ya on that one!
    And I don't think it's shallow.
  • angelF76
    angelF76 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am trying to loose weight for several different reasons.
    1. I am not satisfied with the way I look and the way my clothes are fitting me.
    2. I am going on a beach vaca with my husband, sister, her boyfriend, best friend, her boyfriend, and long time family friends and their husbands.
    3. My best friend is getting married in September and I am honored to be a part of it!! I wanna look my best.

I started working out at Curves and dieting on March 19, so far I have lost 7 lbs, my goal it to loose 38 lbs by wedding time.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    My motivation is having a healthy body so that I will not suffer from all the ailments associated with being overweight.

^ THIS ^ I look around at other women my age (50's) and older who are limping and bent over and I am determined to age strong and healthy. I think of my mother (now 81 yrs old) and all of her ailments, and refuse to be in the same situation when I am her age.

Amen. Some things just happen to people. They have bad luck with their health. But if you can avoid certain known conditions you should.