40 yrs old and above???

Options

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 - feel free to add me and welcome!
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and don't know why I waited so long to try and get into better shape! I would like to lose another 40+ pounds. I've lost 16.4 to date. Please feel free to add me...I only have a couple of friends on here and would really like to have more to motivate me and to hold me accountable.

Good luck!

Yeah, I don't know why I waited so long either. :smile:
  • angiegonnaloseit
    Options
    I am new to this site also. Looking to make some friends on here also.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im now 40 and finding it harder to lose weight now than I ever did when I was younger.

I would like some friends of the same age please
    Thanks

Jules xx

I think it gets harder too. I'm 46, and before I turned 40 I could lose weight in a flash...of course, I eventually gained it all back and then some. Lesson learned this time around; I'm doing it the right way but it's a little rougher on the back and knees this time around. My daughter (the exercise queen) says I will become addicted to exercise and will start to miss it when I don't. I'm am NOT there yet. LOL.
    Feel free to add me! I am also Jules. :)
  • davesgirl95
    Options
    im 42 and have had a very hard time dropping the weight add me if you like guys all the support we can get from eachother will help us all out :)
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am 42 as well - Been working on this weight loss for 2 years and have 40 left to go
    40 years left to go? Of losing weight, or life in general? If the latter, where do you find your expiration date? I've looked all over and haven't found mine...
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and don't know why I waited so long to try and get into better shape!

I'm 46 and I'm mad at myself for not doing much earlier what I'm doing now. For over 25 years, I'd hit the weights all the time, but hardly ever did any cardio, and paid even less attention to what I ate. After a heart attack last year, I had to add the cardio and diet, and am glad I did. Just wish I had done so earlier and under better circumstances.
  • jadbad2004
    Options
    I will be 48 next week and I am also really struggling with weight. I am also pre-menopause which I heard does not help either.
  • shrinkingpam57
    shrinkingpam57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too, I know how you feel. I'm 54 but inside I feel 28! This outer shell is not the real me.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    46 years young and way over weigh. Lost 40 lbs last year and this whole year not really nothing. What to do
  • Rugbygurl
    Rugbygurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Im 46 going on 47 in a couple of weeks, add me we can support each other!
  • babsriley
    babsriley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    54 yrs add me...sure know how u feel about it harder when you're older.
  • ebang8689
    ebang8689 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm deniably 53!Sugar and I have been comfort buddies for years.. If only controlling your diet is as easy as getting older...
  • LasVegasTaxiDriver
    Options
    Hello, always looking for more friends
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40, I had the same question too, :flowerforyou:
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and work twice as hard only to look half as good as I did 20 years ago! Grrrrrr.

This is so how I feel most of the time!
  • glenn2u
    glenn2u Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 61 and although I exercise frequently my metabolism is getting painfully slow. How important is fiber in the diet?
  • Kgreenlaker
    Kgreenlaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and new to the site. I have no idea how to add friends but I would love to have some friends to keep me motivated.
  • manning9
    manning9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and in the best shape of my life! I was thin in my 20s but not fit than I gained ALOT of weight in my late 30s! At 42 I decided this was it I was going to get healthy. I did it very gradually....no drastic changes as I was committed to making a life change. In one year I lost >70 pounds (with the help of a well known diet plan), started exercising ( walking a few minutes every day and increasing slowly). Now I run, weight train, spin, kick box, step. I am a regular gym rat so to speak. I love MFP to now help me take it to the next level of nutrition.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and although I exercise frequently my metabolism is getting painfully slow. How important is fiber in the diet?

It helps with digestion and keeping a healthy bowel.