Replies

• jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I will be 48 this month. I sent you a request. Thanks in advance
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wowzerssssss thanks for all replies and adds xx Ive added as many as I can, if ive missed you, please add me :)

Thank you all :):drinker:

Yeah I feel better now :)

We can all support each other :)

Hugs and kisses all round xxx:flowerforyou:
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and training to run my first half marathon ever. Found that, for me, running makes losing weight much easier. The half marathon was my not-so-subtle way of telling 40 "screw you"!! LOL

Feel free to add me as a friend. My only other friend is my husband!! :-)

d

I'm 42 and running my 2nd half marathon in two days... started running last year because, as stated above, there is not better calorie burn for the time investment than running. If you had told me last year at this time that I would be running my 2nd 1/2 marathon in a year I would have thought you were CRAZY! Turns out I'm stronger than I was giving myself credit for. I'm eating well and am feeling better than I have in years. The weight is SLOWLY coming off... it's definitely not as easy as it used to be... but I'm determined to get there. I have a whole closet full of clothes waiting for me and I'm getting close! Happy to have new friends... always looking for others in similar situations for mutual support!
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    45 here and yes it does get harder.

The thing to remember is that it's worth it. Things I had to learn - ask questions, enlist professionals if you need to, and don't beat yourself up for not doing it perfectly.

OH, and keep at it :)
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    42 here. please add me. the more friends, the more motivation!
  • collie0204
    Options
    I am 47 and new here if you would like to add me please feel free to do so, thanks:bigsmile:
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm soon to be 43 and I can honestly say that I move more and do more now than I ever did when I was younger. My late 20's and early 30's was when I was settling in and getting fat... Now I see that I need to take care of myself and I workout regularly and watch what I eat (Thanks to MFP)... I sat on my *kitten* and ate crap when I was younger. Now I do fun stuff like ziplines and white water rafting!!!
  • Ksbyrneuk
    Options
    I am 46 and realizing I have to stop blaming 3 kids (21,19&16) ,hot flashes and RA for the weight I am carrying:) P lease add me as a friend, I need all the help I can get!
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i will be 43 in june...add me:)
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i'm 47 and definitely feel like you have to work harder the numbers don't move on scale...and trying to avoid middle age spread...and sometimes the exercise you did a few years ago..you somehow cant do them now without worrying if your going to injure yourself somehow and i'm talking about knees, back etc
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and actually believe that I am in the best shape of my life......and still improving! It took me this long to figure out the right way to do it and stop the yo yo dieting and extreme working out in jan, feb, mar to get ready for spring and summer, then letting it all fall apart by sept. Do it for LIFE! Feel free to add me, anyone! I love the support I get and give, especially from those of us that are older...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Oh come on!!!! 40's is the new 20's!!!! LOL..... 41 here and thank god I am not having a problem getting the weight off at my age.. Just put in the hard work and dedication and you will never look back, success will be yours........ Best of Luck!!!
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 this weekend, but I'm feeling pretty darn good! I started working out & watching my weight in hopes of putting off full-blown diabetes, since I had the gestational diabetes with both pregnancies & my doctors tell me it is in my future. I'm actually more concerned with firming it all up than dropping the lbs.

The folks on MFP have been very helpful & encouraging...feel free to add me as well.
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I will be 55 in September. At 40 I was much more active with sports. These days, keeping the weight off has become a full time job. But hang in there. I guess life is all about choices - I can choose to eat whatever I desire and be fat, or I can change my eating habits and be in control. Hopefully I can learn to . . .
  • lisadh
    lisadh Posts: 2
    Options
    I will be 43 in september feel free to add me.
  • lsang
    lsang Posts: 22
    Options
    I am 43 and you are correct... loosing weight is harder than ever before. I enjoy exercising so that has been a plus for me and my weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to have friends my own age, going through the same challenges.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • dbacksfan46
    Options
    I'm 46 and just found out that I have diabetes and my doctor has me on a 2000 calorie diet so if anybody wants to help me with suggestions I would appreciate it thanks
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I just turned 41, and definitely am challenged with being devoted to excercise. Add me we are all in the same boat :)
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and lost 2½ stone in about 6 months last year, so anuthing is possible. It takes time dedication and hard work. Most of all it takes support from your friends here on MFP. Good luck on your journey. XX