40 yrs old and above???

Options

Replies

• Imserene
    Imserene Posts: 5
    Options
    49 and 50 is right around the corner. I refuse to grow old gracefully and let gravity have it's way with me LOL
    add me as a friend if you like:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    42 and in the same boat :)
  • marydb0000
    Options
    I totally get it. I'm 53 and struggle every day. Add me!:happy:
  • Dianesprings
    Dianesprings Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 59 and I'm afraid losing weight does not get easier! I always thought "older" people were so silly when they told me this when I was the young one!

I'd love to be your friend, too! I'm pretty new to this. I've only been on this one week, but I did lose good last week!! Only 38.6 lbs to go!

Diane
    Jefferson City MO
  • J9Pratt
    J9Pratt Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 48 and just found this site, looking forward to tracking my journey with you all. I want to lose 25-30 pounds. I have gained 20 pounds back of the 74 I had previously lost.....I was almost to my goal when I started to gain weight again. I am trying to catch myself from getting out of control again.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow...looks like you got friends... and more friends then you may have expected. I'm 49 and feel your pain (from calorie counting and exercise...lol). Feel free to friend me and also to anyone else who is looking for friendship. I will support you but expect feedback as well. Good luck on your journey.
  • HappyFairy
    HappyFairy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 44 in 3 days.
    I've struggled with my weight all my life but keep trying!
    I have been using MFP for 11 wks and think it's just great! You can add me if you like!
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WOW, Thank you all so much, for all your comments, support and requests, I'm over whelmed:heart:

I've accepted all requests sent to me, I've also added as many as I can (keep going through post)

I will add all that have asked. If I miss you, please just add me :)

I'm so glad I did this post and found lots of new friends just like me :)

I've had some messaged also regarding depression/anxiety as this is also something I suffer with (managing a lot better now though)

So I look forward to us all supporting each other and breaking through our 40 and upwards age weight block :)

:flowerforyou:
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and I am enjoying life more today than at any other time in my life!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • siberianex
    siberianex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40's and a newbie, feel free to add me guys/gals
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 next week :noway: I'm always welcome to buddies on this journey.
  • blondiekat230
    Options
    42 here...add me if you'd like, could always use plenty of friends for support...
  • Bayleeboo11
    Bayleeboo11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turning 51 next month! Yes, it's much easier to gain and harder to lose. I believe exercise is the key to keeping in shape at our age. We just can't ever give up! One day at a time!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I am 44 and was never slim. I try lo loose 23kg but will be OK with less as well. I just see this as an opportunity to live healthier.
    I am looking forward to seeing your progress and showing mine.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 46 and was having a very hard time losing weight until I found this site. I feel I have been very successful here. It is a slow process but it works.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    40 here and loving it, feel free to add me as well.
  • LasVegasTaxiDriver
    Options
    Hi, I'm 49 and yes it is harder when you get older, to keep the weight off, you can add me if you like
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I don't feel 41 but my driver's license says I am !! With support we will all reach our goals :)
  • sparkles1956
    Options
    You can add me as your friend. I am 55 and yes it is hard to loose those pounds that we put on.