Canada?

Options
SofaKingRad
SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
A glow in the dark dinosaur? Are you effing serious?
http://news.yahoo.com/canada-s-newest-coin-glows-in-the-dark.html

eknrr9.jpg

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    apparently, the Canadian government has enough money that they can produce new versions of coins every 6 months, their population is very small (compared to the US) so they don't have to produce as many coins. (I was told this by a Canuck)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about? This is the most awesome coin that's ever happened.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The dino coin is a collectors item and is not being produced for general circulation.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It's a collector's coin.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    all canadian coins are collectible.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Why can't our money be this awesome?! All we have are $20s that smell like canned salmon.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Just another reason why Canada is awesome.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Canadians think ham is bacon.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Its not a coin that will be circulated, its not actually considered "money", Its a collector's edition. Lots of people collect coins so the government issues specialty coins every so often as its a way for the government to make some extra cash. The government is happy and so are the collectors.

BTW, that coin will sell for $29.95 - pretty good profit off a quarter eh??

(from an actual canuck)
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    WHAT? Sorry I couldn't hear you over our booming economy and free health care.

:wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    ^^^ F*cking Eh!!!!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options

Just avoid cancer, or anything time restricted, because then you'll have to go south for timely (and pricely) care, or die waiting for the free stuff to get to you.

(From a Canuck residing in the USA)
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that most countries produce specialty collector's edition coins. If the americans on this site want to see what your government is offering check out this site:

http://www.usmint.gov/

only I'm sorry to say, there doesn't seem to be anything as cool as a glow in the dark dinosaur.....
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Canadians think ham is bacon.

We know the difference between ham and bacon, you're thinking of peameal bacon which is completely different.
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Awesome!! My thoughts exactly :)
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Bahaha!!!!
    I <3 being Canadian!!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I wonder if we will be able to use it in our soda machines here... unlike their dimes... which are the same in diameter just to trick us... but are lighter weight and fall through.... stupid canadian dimes... I think we need to build a wall along the Canadian border to keep their coins out of here...

Oh wait... sorry... I'll move along now...

maybe.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Except IT'S NOT FREE! Somebody has to pay for it... I'm sure there isn't a country of Doctors and Nurses and Administrators that are just showing up to work for free... I'm sure the medicine isn't paying for itself... and I'm sure the companies aren't just giving it away.... You still are paying for healthcare... you just may not have a co-pay everytime you go to the doctor... Why do people keep insisting it's Free when it's not? Not technically... not really.... not at all.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. :grumble:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

The health care system pays for itself? Wow!