Canada?

Options

Replies

• SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options

(From a Canuck residing in the USA)

Perhaps you'd like to say that to my mother who is getting treatments for cancer right now. There wasn't even a week between her disgnoses and the beginning of her treatments. Want to know how far south she's had to go? She had her choice between two hospitals both 1.5 hours away. Neither of which are in the U.S.

And it's not free, we pay our taxes - the point is that we aren't crippled and lives aren't potentially ruined a sudden sickness or injury occurs. We get our medical issues taken care of THEN, not when an insurance company decides whether or not our condition was "pre-existing".

You got the part about me having lived both sides of the (dinosaur) coin right? :) Neither am I taking sides.. it is expensive here, it is expensive in Canada too, you just pay for it differently, but at least here you get what you pay for in a timely fashion. The Toronto Star is routinely publishing articles about wait periods and people having to go to the US to get treatment. I've never seen an article about an American having to go to Canada to get treatment. On the other hand, I've heard of Americans going bankrupt after a medical treatment, so no, I am not taking sides on this.
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    To all arguing about health care:

Take your argument to another thread. This thread is about glow in the dark dinosaur money, (which I think is rather cool as a geologist because I love fossils). I didn't know it was a collector coin either ha ha (didn't really read the article all the closely :blushing: )

I'll send you one.....
    oh and I love the way our bills are ALL different colours :happy:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    WHAT? Sorry I couldn't hear you over our booming economy and free health care.

:wink: :laugh: :happy:

Only because you live under the shadow of the most badass military on earth.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    To all arguing about health care:

Take your argument to another thread. This thread is about glow in the dark dinosaur money, (which I think is rather cool as a geologist because I love fossils). I didn't know it was a collector coin either ha ha (didn't really read the article all the closely :blushing: )

LOL. can we talk about how our new $100 bills smell like maple syrup??? because that's awesome.

And as a Canadian that's lived in both the states and Canada--i can see both sides to the healthcare debate. I could go on and on...but i'll keep my mouth shut.

Hell yeah, talk about maple syrup dollar bills all you want here.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    There is nothing cooler than being Canadian!!

Any argument will be pointless cause I said so!!
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    um, this is amazing. I don't see a problem. In fact, I see a solution. More dinosaur money.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    To all my American friends; You send me $30 (US) plus taxes cash, I will send you a special glow in the dark dinosaur quarter.

"LOL. can we talk about how our new $100 bills smell like maple syrup??? because that's awesome"

Right!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    To all my American friends; You send me $30 (US) plus taxes cash, I will send you a special glow in the dark dinosaur quarter.

"LOL. can we talk about how our new $100 bills smell like maple syrup??? because that's awesome"

Right!!

How do I know you won't just stiff me... how 'bout we send it at the "same time, man! same time!"
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I saw maple syrup and got excited! lol
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Also, I truly believe that Canada is the Promised Land.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdiCJUysIT0
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Oo, I'll do it for $29!! I swear they're legit ! *sends kids off with play-doh and a coin press*
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Psh! Only if you like to have your *kitten* frozen off for half the year.... :bigsmile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Canadians, I'm sorry we like to fight with you guys. It's like conjoined twin sibling rivalry. I quite like your glow in the dark dinosaur coins and maple syrup bills.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    WHAT? Sorry I couldn't hear you over our booming economy and free health care.

:wink: :laugh: :happy:

That's right
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Psh! Only if you like to have your *kitten* frozen off for half the year.... :bigsmile:

There are many people on here who would KILL to freeze off half their *kitten*. Literally. WAY cheaper than plastic surgery.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Right!!

How do I know you won't just stiff me... how 'bout we send it at the "same time, man! same time!"

Because I'm Canadian and I'm honest :bigsmile:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    WHY DON'T WE HAVE COINS LIKE THAT IN THE US??

We are so boring.

I'm moving to Canada.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The last time I made a joke about Canadians an equivalent number of people laughed as reported me and I was severely reprimanded. Evidently, the large number of funny Canadians who come south and make it in Hollywood take with them an exhorbitant share of Canadian humor leaving those still there wanting in the giggle department. So for God's sake let's be careful joking about our sensitive northern neighbors. They're not all the Kids in the Hall after all.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options

pointless!!!

dress for the weather and there is no problem
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    The last time I made a joke about Canadians an equivalent number of people laughed as reported me and I was severely reprimanded. Evidently, the large number of funny Canadians who come south and make it in Hollywood take with them an exhorbitant share of Canadian humor leaving those still there wanting in the giggle department. So for God's sake let's be careful joking about our sensitive northern neighbors. They're not all the Kids in the Hall after all.

That's including the Beibs right?.... Though I would gladly give him back never to return... I would even buy a few dinosaur coins I can't use in the vending machine for that to happen... :wink: