Men's brazilian wax.. would you MEN get this done?

Options

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a link between this thread and the V thread from a couple days ago.
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    Wax on wax off has been getting passed down for generations.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTll8QrfFODoUkEYJ1xM7Gk2e1AoQqRlqIW_tCLUyPBY4VtwIVF

BEST RESPONSE SO FAR!

Ditto!!! lmfao
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind getting rid of it all - but I don't think I could wax. How about laser hair removal instead? :)

Laser hurts more than a wax. I've gotten laser done on my underarms and it's like one little shot of a laser at a time over and over and over again, and it HURTS LIKE A *kitten*! I get brazilians every few weeks and I've gotten to where it doesn't even phase me. I have chit chats with my waxer the whole time, 15 minutes, and I'm done!

Really?! I have had laser removal and it barely hurt at all for me! Although I am not bothered much by waxing either. Besides, having never to worry about expensive waxes and making appointments and hair growing back was sooo worth it.

It depends on the lasers used. There are some painless laser places BUT they can't guarantee that it's permanent. Ideal Image has the only lasers that they guarantee permanent hair removal, and they hurt like HELL. My best friend got painless laser done though, and her results are really good, but it's not the same guarantee. And laser can be REALLY insanely expensive, again, depending on the lasers used.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind getting rid of it all - but I don't think I could wax. How about laser hair removal instead? :)

Laser hurts more than a wax. I've gotten laser done on my underarms and it's like one little shot of a laser at a time over and over and over again, and it HURTS LIKE A *kitten*! I get brazilians every few weeks and I've gotten to where it doesn't even phase me. I have chit chats with my waxer the whole time, 15 minutes, and I'm done!

Really?! I have had laser removal and it barely hurt at all for me! Although I am not bothered much by waxing either. Besides, having never to worry about expensive waxes and making appointments and hair growing back was sooo worth it.

Yeah, but laser is a one-time thing, right? Do it and its gone for good? Or at least for years.

Waxing would have to be done over and over...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    LOLcat-bikini-wax.bmp
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

It depends on the lasers used. There are some painless laser places BUT they can't guarantee that it's permanent. Ideal Image has the only lasers that they guarantee permanent hair removal, and they hurt like HELL. My best friend got painless laser done though, and her results are really good, but it's not the same guarantee. And laser can be REALLY insanely expensive, again, depending on the lasers used.

I have had laser treatments for my underarms, bikini line and legs and my bikini line waxed before- both hurt - but waxing is quicker and far less expensive. However, laser is permanent (sort of!) so I find it really worth it - plus you do not have to let your hair grow to get it done.

My question is: I thought the skin had to be taut to wax properly and to avoid bruising - how on earth do you do that with the testicles without a lot of yanking and pulling them around?

Also, a Brazilian wax means that there is bascially a narrow strip left - that would look really weird on a guy in my opinion. Manscaping - definately, brazilian - really not sure abut that.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

Mine was the Tria at home laser (and yes it actually worked! but it does depend on the type of hair and skin tone you have). It was 300$ for the laser, but you can then remove all of your body hair yourself. Laser treatments are SOO expensive and I did get my very first session done with Ideal Image as well and it did hurt, but to me no more than waxing. But it was not worth the 200 bucks for one session. 300 dollars for the laser is the equivalent to about 5 waxing treatments (at least where I live, after tip they are about 70$). I definitely would recommend Tria to you if you have dark hair (it doesn't work on blonde hair).
    Waxing still beats shaving any day, though.
  • Kenzietea2
    Options

I have had laser treatments for my underarms, bikini line and legs and my bikini line waxed before- both hurt - but waxing is quicker and far less expensive. However, laser is permanent (sort of!) so I find it really worth it - plus you do not have to let your hair grow to get it done.

My question is: I thought the skin had to be taut to wax properly and to avoid bruising - how on earth do you do that with the testicles without a lot of yanking and pulling them around?

Also, a Brazilian wax means that there is bascially a narrow strip left - that would look really weird on a guy in my opinion. Manscaping - definately, brazilian - really not sure abut that.

Brazilian waxes are completely bald, no 'landing strip'.
    And I have no idea about the testicles part.
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    Wax down there? NEGATRON BATMAN!!!! However, a well designed razor that I'm in control of is fine.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Manscapping is huge, i expect my girlz to be clean and hence why us dudes should return the favor

Perfect response!

This.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I have a bit more time to read.
  • Kenzietea2
    Options

Yeah, but laser is a one-time thing, right? Do it and its gone for good? Or at least for years.

Laser is a few treatments and then typically about 90-95% of the hair is gone and never comes back.
    it works best with certain hair and skin types. Dark, coarse, thick hair it works best on and lighter skin. They are working on the technology but as of right now, you can't be dark-skinned and get laser hair removal- the laser will burn you. It also won't usually work on blonde or light hair.

In my case I am fairly light skinned and have dark hair, so it worked and removed 99% of the hair and this was with using an at-home laser called the tria :) It did take quite a few sessions because an at home laser is far less powerful than the ones the use at the dermatologists.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I've actually thought about it, but I can't afford the tanker truck of wax that would be needed........
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

No, laser has to be done multiple times as well. My underarms required 9 treatments....still less than waxing, and at least it's permanent (depending on where you go or what lasers are used), but waxing for my bikini area is so much faster and easier to me.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've actually thought about it, but I can't afford the tanker truck of wax that would be needed........
    LMAO!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has his done and claims it doesn't hurt at all.

I certainly like to keep the garden tidy, but it wouldn't look natural if it were stripped bare! :noway:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with shaving for now.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    now I have this horrible image in my head! Thanks a lot (NOT)
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a link between this thread and the V thread from a couple days ago.

I second that!:blushing:
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So glad my husband isn't into this.He's had to be bald before for surgery and I did not like that at all. The " in-between" stage is even worse! I like men, completely bald is just creepy and the happy fun trail just isn't as fun without it.