60 lbs gone...15 more to go. Progress pics.

Options

Replies

• DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Too cool, well done!!!
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You really look great. What one tip would you suggest to those of us who have weight to loose yet?
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING!! :)
  • lerline
    lerline Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. This is very encouraging and you look great.
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Do you mind saying how you did it (e.g., eating back exercise calories or not, setting goal to one or two pounds week, etc)?

Don't mind one bit! :smile:

My daily caloric goal was 1200 calories. I aimed to burn 500 calories through exercise. Most days I didn't eat those calories back but once in a while I would do a higher calorie day (but still burn those cals off). The high cal days aren't a free-for-all. They're nutrient packed foods like extra servings of chicken, brown rice, etc.

And just to compare, when I was on Weight Watchers, my "points" values for a 1200 calorie diet were right on par incase anyone's interested.

I believe my goal was set to 1.5 lbs per week and that's close to what I averaged.

Hope that helps.
  • karlotam
    karlotam Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job!
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Love this!! You look amazing!!
  • cgoedert92
    cgoedert92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    o my lanta you don't even look like the same person. you look amazing not to mention like 20 yrs younger
  • Newme012
    Newme012 Posts: 43
    Options
    You look terrific! Do you mind saying how you did it (e.g., eating back exercise calories or not, setting goal to one or two pounds week, etc)?

Don't mind one bit! :smile:

My daily caloric goal was 1200 calories. I aimed to burn 500 calories through exercise. Most days I didn't eat those calories back but once in a while I would do a higher calorie day (but still burn those cals off). The high cal days aren't a free-for-all. They're nutrient packed foods like extra servings of chicken, brown rice, etc.

And just to compare, when I was on Weight Watchers, my "points" values for a 1200 calorie diet were right on par incase anyone's interested.

I believe my goal was set to 1.5 lbs per week and that's close to what I averaged.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I am still trying to figure out what works best. Hit a plateau and trying to get going again. Thanks and congrats again!
  • tanmustlose
    Options
    awesome job!
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I am just starting today. You are truly an inspiration! Great Job!!
    I am concerned about flabby arms etc. Is there any way to prevent that?
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great work!
  • gamommaof3
    Options
    You look great! What an inspiration. I just joined here and lost 30 lbs before joining. I hope to lose another 30 lbs.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Love the new hair color too :)
  • SDawgW
    Options
    I had posted a topic before but can't get in to it to update in that thread. So here's a new post for those that wanted to stay updated with my progress.

34 years old, 5'-4.5" tall, started at 197 lbs in January 2011 (before pic below is me in August 2009 @ 185 lbs). Currently (April 2012) I am 137 lbs. 15 more lbs to go...maybe more, maybe less...depends how I feel.

BeforetoApril.jpg
    Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous! That is awesome! I can't wait to be like you! I'm down a total of 40 (19 since joing MFP) and I'm on this huge workout and get hot kick. :) Any tips for me? I would appreciate them.

Way to go! :)

My two biggest tips that I tell everyone: track everything and be honest. Track food, exercise (MFP is wonderful for that) and track your mood, sleep patterns and stresses (did you know that you can add notes to both your food and exercises diaries? It's a great way to track the external factors in life that also contribute to weight loss/gain).

Honesty is huge. You can tell yourself and the world until you're blue in the face that you're being true and honest with your journalling. But you can't lie to the scale. :)

Great job on your progress so far - 31 lbs on your own is GREAT!!! You obviously have the drive and desire - just be sure to make the routine work FOR you. Push yourself but don't make the routine something that disrupts your life too much or it'll be too easy to faulter or burn out.
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look 10 years younger! like 24 not 34! I hope that I look that good when I get to 15lbs of goal! :)
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • rubberband
    Options
    You look great good job.
  • SDawgW
    Options
    I was just wandering how many calories you took in. I am doing 1290 I am not sure if that is enough calories to lose on. You look GREAT! I can't wait until I reach my goal.

I posted this above in regards to my calories:

"My daily caloric goal was 1200 calories. I aimed to burn 500 calories through exercise. Most days I didn't eat those calories back but once in a while I would do a higher calorie day (but still burn those cals off). The high cal days aren't a free-for-all. They're nutrient packed foods like extra servings of chicken, brown rice, etc.

Hope that helps. "
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!