60 lbs gone...15 more to go. Progress pics.

Options

Replies

• Jbradbury1964
    Jbradbury1964 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look like two different people! WTG GIRL!!!! So proud of you! :wink:
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You really look great. What one tip would you suggest to those of us who have weight to loose yet?

Just one? :wink: Then I'd have to say "BE HONEST". Honest with yourself and your diaries. :smile:
  • Moto_Woody
    Options
    WOW! You look like two different people! WTG GIRL!!!! So proud of you! :wink:
    I thought the same thing. Are you sure that's just not some anon person ;)

You look fantastic.
  • SDawgW
    Options
    I am just starting today. You are truly an inspiration! Great Job!!
    I am concerned about flabby arms etc. Is there any way to prevent that?

Great job getting started on your journey! :smile:

In all honesty, my arms were probably one of the body parts I liked least mostly because they are hardest to hide in summer. No one *HAS* to walk around with a bare midriff and no one technically *HAS* to walk around with short sleeved shirts on but boy did I look foolish sweating my butt off in long sleeved shirts in the middle of July. :wink:

I would look in the mirror and stare in horror at my ginormous bat wing arms. They were so flabby and saggy underneath. I didn't think they'd ever shrink in size. When I first started in January of 2011 they measured approximately 13.5" around my bicep. Today, they measure at approximately 10.5". They're not all muscle...they're not toned as much as I'd like....the skin still sags underneath but not as much as before. They're definitely improved....definitely worth the hard work. I was willing to push myself as hard as I could and risk no changes than to sit idly by and wonder if it would even make a difference...cuz I knew for a fact that NOT trying definitely WOULDN'T change them. :wink:

In one of my previous posts I talked about spot reduction and how our bodies don't know where we want the fat to come off - it just comes off where it wants. But you can create the illusion of more sculpted limbs by tightening and toning the underlying muscle.

Best of luck - hope that helps! :smile:
  • mmmandax
    mmmandax Posts: 5
    Options
    amazing, look at you! wow.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hot sauce! Great job!
  • raqueljoliemassoud
    Options
    you look wonderful! youre such an inspiration!!
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome!! i dont think you need to lose anymore !!! =)
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    You look liked a whole different person!
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! Sooo inspiring!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    I just posted this pic in another thread.

I still can't believe how far I've come. The only regret I have is not sticking with it when I made my first attempt. All of those years I wasted not living life to its fullest because I was too embarassed/ashamed/disgusted to go out and enjoy life.

I urge each and every one of you who thinks that they cannot do it to really dig deep - you CAN do this. It sounds cliche but I mean every word of this: if I can do it, YOU can do it.

Let go of the excuses. It's "go" time. Make it happen. MAKE IT HAPPEN. YOU deserve it. :heart:

Face.jpg
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!! WTG!
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How long did it took for you to lose 60lbs?
    You look awsome by the way, unrecognizable!!:) Good for u
  • JennMcGlone
    JennMcGlone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!! You look amazing!!!
  • tanya2008
    tanya2008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AWESOME!!! Good job!!!!!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    How long did it took for you to lose 60lbs?
    You look awsome by the way, unrecognizable!!:) Good for u

I started working out in January of 2011. I would go to the local fitness center and do classes that incorporated babies and strollers. I tried my best to go twice a week. Even though I was tracking on MFP, I wasn't really trying my hardest with food. I still indulged in way too many treats. I think I started around 197 lbs and then by June I joined Weight Watchers and weighed in at 183. So roughly 22 weeks to lose 14 lbs (0.63 lbs per week average).

When I first started WW, I was gung-ho to give'r my all. I lost about 9 lbs in my first month but then went on vacation and didn't really try all that hard to count points, calories, etc. I gained a couple back but by the beginning of September I was down to 170 lbs. So roughly 13 lbs in 13 weeks (1 lb per week avg).

Starting in September I made my workouts more intense and more frequent. Rather than treating myself once a week, I would only treat myself when I reached a specific numeric goal. I went from 170 lbs to 137 lbs in about 34 weeks. Still averaged about a pound a week but the smaller I got, the more I had to push to get the weight off. There were weeks that I lost, weeks I gained (though not many) and a week here and there where I stayed the same.

So in a nutshell it has taken me about 15 months to lose 60 lbs.

Hope that helps! :smile:
  • emma83841
    emma83841 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    no way thats u! XD
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I had posted a topic before but can't get in to it to update in that thread. So here's a new post for those that wanted to stay updated with my progress.

34 years old, 5'-4.5" tall, started at 197 lbs in January 2011 (before pic below is me in August 2009 @ 185 lbs). Currently (April 2012) I am 137 lbs. 15 more lbs to go...maybe more, maybe less...depends how I feel.

BeforetoApril.jpg

Wow! If you hadn't told me both of those pics were you, I would have never guessed. Nicely done!
  • gamommaof3
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Please share your secret!!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Please share your secret!!

Have a scroll through previous posts in this thread as I've posted some specific info on my routine.

Basically, calorie counting (or WW points tracking) and making sure I log everything I eat and everything I do on MFP. Being honest is a huge factor - you can't lie to the scale. :wink: A lot of people make their weight loss attempt and fool themselves into thinking that they're doing everything they possibly can but know in the back of their minds that there's room for improvement. You can say all you want, "I'm trying so hard and it's just not coming off" but unless you really, truly are trying 100% you won't get the results you want.

Anyway...that's been my experience. The weeks when I indulged in too many treats or slacked off on the workouts were the weeks that I either gained or didn't lose or lost very little. I never scratched my head to wonder why. I always knew.

Be honest with yourself and give it your all. That's my secret. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!