Are you a Lesbian or Gay?!?

Options

Replies

• sunshineshica
    Options
    Umm not for nothing but looking at your profile pic I wouldn't automatically assume you're gay. Do you wear gay pride apparel when you workout or something? Buuuuut if I noticed you looking at me in the dressing room to the point of creepiness than someone could assume that then. Is this the case? If not, you may be a bit paranoid about it.
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't see why people care..If a straight woman looks at another woman cuz her outfit is cute or she has a nice body its okay? but if a lesbian does it its offensive? Don't care what others think. You're with a great and beautiful person, it's not like your trying to get with other women. I was with my last gf for 9 months and i always got looks, but eff it, like ya'll never ever seen 2 of the same sexes together lol..Just ignore the ignorance, be yourself and be happy :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack, but if you're straight and get complemented or approached by someone gay, do you get offended or are you flattered?
    Personally I've had it happen so many times, I'm flattered. I will be honest and say the first couple of times I was offended, but after hanging out with my brother (who is gay), I came to find out that their attraction is NO DIFFERENT than mine to a females.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    it isn't so much my friends.... i get worried about strangers more even though i'm not obviously gay and of course, why would a lesbian be attracted to every female!

sometimes uncomfortable if you see people showering naked etc - and i dont even think its them who are uncomfortable!

As a stranger, I would probably never know or guess that you were a lesbian. :) And if we were friends, and you didn't hit on me, I would probably wonder if you just don't find me attractive. LOL.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I def have to start with this, the two of you are gorgeous!! You look so good together!

I'm bi and totally check out more women than I do men. I agree, more as a comparison thing than sexual.
    I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said.
    I don't assume that every guy (if there are any) that check me out wants me and don't assume the same for women.
    It's very egotistical of people to do that haha
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I don't think gay or lesbian people have a "look" about them. Normal people, wanting to love just like everyone else. Don't sweat the small bull****. If you get questioned by your friends, ask if they are attracted to every single guy they see. Just because you're a lesbian doesn't automatically mean you think all chicks are hot.

Seriously, people need to get over themselves.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    The feeling came up when I went to the gym with a friend earlier this week. We were in a yoga class and at one point the instructor asked us to turn and face the left wall and it turned out she wanted us to bend over so esentially putting my friends *kitten* in my face (nearly) and she did look at me in a weird way but I would never use that opportunity to look at her like that so when she was still looking at me I moved a bit to the side so that her tush wouldn't be in my face and not once did I look up once we did bend forward, mainly because I quickly forgot it trying to make sure I didn't fall over whilst bending.
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lesbian here. I Really dont have any issues because I Dont change at the gym, nor shower. also, most people looking at ME wouldnt assume I am gay? Now my partner (obviously people know since she is MUCH more masculine then me).
  • Spooney45
    Spooney45 Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm bi and I love it! Its not always been that way though, my Mum hasn't spoken to me for 3 years since I came out. Even so, I'm the happiest I have ever been.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Btw, y'all are super pretty :) I bet you get annoying comments from dudes ALL THE TIME about what a hot couple you are!!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everyone saying that you two are a gorgeous couple! :flowerforyou:

I'm happily taken by my wonderful girlfriend and all of our friends know. In the beginning, when I first came out, my friends would joke about me finding them attractive... I honestly don't see them in that way since they're more like sisters. Your friends should realize that if you're happy with the one person you love, even if you were to look at them in any sort of way, they shouldn't take it as you hitting on them.

I personally find it funny now when people think that just because I turn my head towards them, I'm checking them out. Male or female. That's them feeling uncomfortable in their own skin and/or wanting attention. Just continue to do your thing and don't worry about them boo! :bigsmile:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am neither but I do vehemently support love whichever way it comes in. Your concern is not a Gay or Lesbian thing as I sometimes wonder the same thing when I am in the gym changing. "Does that guy think I am looking at him" or some other crazy thought sometimes creep into my head. It is soon easily forgotten though as soon as I walk outside and see the girl at the front desk, who kinda looks like you...Enjoy life and there is nothing wrong with appreciating beauty in the locker room.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If you worry about what other people think, you're going to drive yourself crazy. There are ignorant people everywhere, that is their problem.
  • NoMoreFatTony
    NoMoreFatTony Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Straight

But at this point, if anyone finds me attractive, I am flattered not offended. My guess is men would be more upset as we tend to be more homophobic!
  • denetta24
    denetta24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    that's really sad that you have to go through that. i'm married, but my best friend is a lesbian. i hear her talking about the same thing. PULEEZE!! people need to get over themselves. at least you're open about it. what other people think will eventually catch up with them anyway. what they need to be doing is worrying about their own significant others and their own selves!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't think gay or lesbian people have a "look" about them. Normal people, wanting to love just like everyone else. Don't sweat the small bull****. If you get questioned by your friends, ask if they are attracted to every single guy they see. Just because you're a lesbian doesn't automatically mean you think all chicks are hot.

Seriously, people need to get over themselves.
    I could not have said it better myself.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Im BI and if a straight person i know finds out..some start thinking Ill want to get with them...um just cause i like girls doesnt mean i want you!!!!

and my bf thought it meant hed get a 3some out of the deal.

People ridicule what they dont understand.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am not particularly in this same situation but I absolutely hate it when people judge people without knowing them first. Even more so when the people who do know you make you feel uncomfortable.. GRRR this makes me so mad.
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Yup *holds up hand* I too am lesbian who's been with my lovely partner (in the law firm of life) for 4 years. See profile pic, I'm on the right.

I rarely check out girls in the gym except to admire and appreciate their muscle tone. I do find changing room nudity a turn off though and am often glad that everything is a blur when I take my glasses off. If anyone thinks I'm checking them out they're wrong. I'm prolly just wondering if they are the exit door!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud lesbian and I don't worry about what people think when I'm looking at them, nor what they think when they look at me.

I mean really, just as in a heterosexual lifestyle, just because someone is looking at you doesn't mean they are plotting to take your booty candy. And just because you see someone of the same gender that looks gay doesn't mean they are going to turn on their super gay magnet and lure you over to them so they can do things to you that you are deathly afraid of. You feel me?

By the way, you two make a beautiful couple.