Are you a Lesbian or Gay?!?

Options

Replies

• lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am not gay, but I always think its funny when heteros say they think gay people are going to check them out or want them just because they are the same gender.

Not for nothing.... But I don't think every single guy I meet is hot. I actually think more girls are hot and probably check them out more and I am NOT gay (...or AM I? :laugh: )

But seriously, it is so funny how some people view homosexuality. I have so many gay friends, and it's not like they are always sexed up and ready to go. And the ones that are are just sluts, really. Nothing to do with being gay :drinker:
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    The feeling came up when I went to the gym with a friend earlier this week. We were in a yoga class and at one point the instructor asked us to turn and face the left wall and it turned out she wanted us to bend over so esentially putting my friends *kitten* in my face (nearly) and she did look at me in a weird way but I would never use that opportunity to look at her like that so when she was still looking at me I moved a bit to the side so that her tush wouldn't be in my face and not once did I look up once we did bend forward, mainly because I quickly forgot it trying to make sure I didn't fall over whilst bending.

I REALLLLYYYY doubt the yoga instructor was trying to set up some human centipede fantasy in her head. I am sure she was thinking about the pose and not dying to see what it would look like to get you 2 together. Sorry.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I never understood why people deemed homosexuality = horny crazy people out to get laid. And god forbid adopt a baby of the same sex as them! That baby would turn out gay too!

This is probably why I am not religious (well...one of the reasons :wink: ). I can't deal with that crap. My brother is gay, and doesn't go out "trolling" for sex...he dates just like anyone else.

I doubt anyone thinks you're checking them out in the locker room, that's probably paranoia on your part, but if they do...SCREW THEM! You girls really do make a cute couple...best of luck to ya!
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    I'm bi and I love it! Its not always been that way though, my Mum hasn't spoken to me for 3 years since I came out. Even so, I'm the happiest I have ever been.

That is so sad. I am so sorry. As the mom of a little boy, there is nothing on this earth that would ever keep me from supporting him. I don't care who he loves. You sound like a really strong person. It's your mothers loss. I am estranged from my mom for entirely different reasons... We haven't spoken in almost 10 years (she is mentally ill). My child means the world to me. I once even said to my husband "I don't care who he is or what he does, as long as he loves what he does. I don't care if he becomes a pole dancer as
    Long as he is the BEST pole dancer in the club!" :laugh:
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    If it's strangers you're worried about, then think you're probably projecting your own insecurities onto them e.g. you're worried they'll guess and treat you differently when in fact they're completely oblivious. it's completely understandable given the stigma that still surrounds it for some people, but I really don't think you've anything to be worried about.

I'm not gay, but my sister is, and she dealt with a lot of **** growing up (she came out at 13). I don't know if you had a similar experience but it certainly leaves some sort of worry insecurity I think.

Btw, If I did think you were checking me out, I'd be flattered! You're hot!
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    I'm a proud lesbian and I don't worry about what people think when I'm looking at them, nor what they think when they look at me.

I mean really, just as in a heterosexual lifestyle, just because someone is looking at you doesn't mean they are plotting to take your booty candy. And just because you see someone of the same gender that looks gay doesn't mean they are going to turn on their super gay magnet and lure you over to them so they can do things to you that you are deathly afraid of. You feel me?

By the way, you two make a beautiful couple.

Holy hell. I am hoping someone is plotting to take MY booty candy.

I really needed to try that term out in a sentence. I think I found my new phrase.

Booty candy booty candy booty candy booty candy. #bootycandy
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm not gay but in the military. They recently repealed don't ask don't tell which was of particular concern because we sometimes share close quarters together. Of all the women that I've met and talked to, none of them seemed to be bothered by this concept. So I wouldn't worry so much about what strangers think. Particularly women (we are the more resonable sex).
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the hype about how disruptive it would be to repeal "don't ask don't tell" turned out to be hype!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I'm a lesbian. There, I feel so much better.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    *kitten* what other people think, live your life and be happy! The world would be a better place if people could get passed these stupid insecurities.
  • Spooney45
    Spooney45 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey don't be sorry for me, be sorry for my Mum. My Dad and everyone else is fine (to be fair my sisters love it). It's made me so much stronger.
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If I have to label myself, I guess I'm just queer. I've been with my partner for almost 8 years. We both check out chicks and dudes. Who cares? It's not like we're gawking or making loud obnoxious comments about someone's boobs or package or whatever. It's not that we are any less devoted to each other. Anyway . . . .I think the issue here is caring too much about what other people MIGHT be thinking. And most likely, they're not thinking anything at all about you. They're probably worried that they left the stove on at home or that they over-drafted their checking account.

I think I worried more about this when I was younger and first came out.
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not gay, but i have experimented lol! My step dad ran a gay club for a few years which my uncle owned. and i was brought up around some wonderful characters..i loved it!! I have no problem with anything to do with sexuality /gender/ race ..whatever. As long as no one is hurting me or my family then im cool. We all have a peek at people and admire they looks/body etc its just human nature. xxxx
  • Lily_1
    Lily_1 Posts: 38
    Options
    I am HUMAN and choose not to put myself in any category box or label. I wish others would follow suit. We are alike than we are different. Humans have bigger issues to tackle that being divisive only complicates solving them. :heart:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If the other women in the gym are worried you are looking at them, it is because they know that being naked allows everyone to see what they think are problems...women are awful to each other and worse to themselves.
    That being said, one of my favorite workout buddies is a lesbian, and I am more comfortable with her than some of my straight friends because I know she is NOT checking me out. lol. I never think about other women trying to hit on me in the locker room, but then again, I never think about men trying to hit on me in the gym...old married lady that I am. :blushing: You should be at the gym to improve YOURSELF...not pick people up.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My sister is a lesbian and so are 2 of my friends...I never felt uncomfortable...I'm straight as an arrow but I dont want every man that comes in my path so I'm sure it's the same with gay/lesbian individuals. Just do you and forget the rest!
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    Honey!! You dont even worry your pretty head! That is THEIR issue.. not YOURS!! ;) ..Im a straight woman an my lil sis is a lesbian, so I can kind of understand how your feeling.. but this is not something u need to concern yourself with... people are smart/dumb lol.. Personally, I feel that if a woman is soooo concerned about if u are checking HER out.. shes the one who needs to do some soul searching!! lol :)
  • Lauraaaa88
    Options
    It's something that I have noticed too. People assume that I think every single woman out there is hot which just isn't the case. I always politely explain to people just because you're straight does it mean that you check out every member of the opposite sex?!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Even if they did get the vibe off you, you're in a committed relationship, so their paranoia is all for nothing. Women check each other out all the time, gay or straight. Furthermore, even if you were interested (which you're not) there is no harm in telling you that they are not interested without being a jerk about it. You know what's in your heart, just stay true to yourself, and don't worry about others opinions.
  • irenec8
    irenec8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GAH! As a lesbian, I have say this whole "looking like a lesbian" is crazy crap. It's offensive, and unfortunately, instilled in a lot of people's heads as a "predictor of who you sleep with". Truth is, there are plenty of women who look butch or have a gender presentation that does not align with what you think that person's hair or clothes should be sleeping with (silly, isn't it now).

Being a lesbian is not a look, it's who you have sex with--

As for worrying that people are worried that you're looking at them with lesbian googly eyes--i get it...but you may be just over-thinking it. You may find that people are open to compliments! If you see that girl with a nice bathing suit--say hi! I love your bathing suit. Where did you get it?! I'm sure she's not thinking to herself "Oh my god, she wants me". :-)