• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    yes why yes I would....any takers :huh:

:laugh:
  • JennyferZ
    JennyferZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP, so just curious to know if most members here are from US???

Any experienced members want to point me in the right direction to find more Canadian topics/forums?
    I was able to find & join 1 group, but would love to have more motivating friends on here :flowerforyou:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Too bad all the women are hot and the men not so! No offence

I totally disagree. There a plenty of hot men on MFP. My male friends are all handsome and great guys. Love them all!!!!!

yep my friends list is chock full of hotties :love:
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Too bad all the women are hot and the men not so! No offence

OFFENCE TAKEN!!!
    There are tons of super-hot men on here! :mad:
    You've got 2 kinds.... The big chubby hotties working on bettering themselves (I adore the big boys) & then you have guys on here with washboard abs & amazing bodies which pretty much any girl would find attractive.

So don't listen to her men! You're all very sexy no matter where you are on your fitness journey! Friend me :smooched:
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I think like any other online social media or one geared towards dating proceed with caution & your eyes wide open. If it works for you great. Go for it! Since there is a common interest of health & fitness that is a great start. If the two are on the same page. Me personally, I would rather meet someone the good ol' fashioned way. Maybe bumping into someone in the grocery store as we reach for the same item. Haa! (yea...what are the chances of that happening?) :drinker:

you're right, health and fitness *should* be a life-long commitment for everyone, so it makes sense two people with the same life-long commitment would be compatible

story: i was engaged to a stripper, 3 yrs together. she worked at taco bell when we met, guy came in said he ran a club and gave her a card and viola, stripper. she would eat all day. we even bought a deep fryer. never over 115. at 9 months pregnant she was a size 5. I, on the other hand, added 12 inches to my waistline. I didn't realize it, but i was miserable. she ended up dating the bouncer and we split up and i joined the army and lost all the weight but I will never commit to another naturally skinny girl

ex-wifey was fat when we met. swore she exercised and ran. That was hot. she moved in and she went to gym for a few weeks and then nothing. Then she started getting mad that i'd go to the gym, saying i wasnt spending enough time with her. asked her to join me and she said no. She gained 50+ lbs after we met, she's 257 right now. she tries to eat healthy-ish but never exercises.

From a Taco Bell worker made Stripper to and over weight chick...hey OP...I say go for it. At this point what do you have to lose? lol!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    There aren't many asian men on here, but if there were and I was single, I might give it a try.

DING DING DING!!!

click on my picture and see what you've won! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh:
    I would like a 30/40-something man with a good job/stable....over 6 feet/dark hair....can u make that appear magically?

Dang, I almost qualified, but I only have two feet.

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't stop giggling at this! Good one! :drinker: And, yes, I have a very corny sense of humor. :tongue:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    There aren't many asian men on here, but if there were and I was single, I might give it a try.

DING DING DING!!!

click on my picture and see what you've won! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh:
    I would like a 30/40-something man with a good job/stable....over 6 feet/dark hair....can u make that appear magically?

Dang, I almost qualified, but I only have two feet.

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't stop giggling at this! Good one! :drinker: And, yes, I have a very corny sense of humor. :tongue:

Yes it was funny what is sad is it took me a minute to get it..LOL
    boy, that just made me super marketable...:ohwell:
    :laugh:
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Now I know some people are not here to meet someone, but what's wrong with meeting someone with a common interest, especially something as motivational as being fit?

I think it'd be great to meet someone on MFP where I can see that they transformed their body through hardwork and strong will. I've read it transfers over to workplace and school too, that those that lose a lot of weight tend to get higher paying jobs and go further in college. Um, Yes Please! Yes I want someone successful!

There needs to be a weight-loss dating group. Churches have singles group to meet someone in the same religion as yourself. Other groups have singles groups, why not a weight-loss dating group?

If there was a part of MFP where you could meet singles and you were looking for someone, is that something you would join?

if i were single, i would definitely date someone from MFP, i met my husband from EHARMONY anyways! we've been married for 3 years. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Meeting someone anywhere is great. I feel if you meet someone on MFP, great! You already have common ground and at least one thing in common that could bring two people together. As far as a dating section, no because I feel it would take away from the real reason MFP is here and it's kinda already turned into that. I think I have been contacted by almost every married man wanting a fling or someone wanting a lay. I already feel like I'm on one. HA!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options

They have to be asian? What if someone said they'd only date a white man?

"white" can cover a lot of races.

i guess i can't knock someone for liking what they like, i prefer natural redheads, and even though technically that's not racist that does narrow it down to a specific race.

AND to less than 10% of the overall population of the world. And considering half of that 10% is male...
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I married the girl I met on a calorie counting site. In one month it will be our 1 year anniversary....she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    DO IT!! i would say make friends with people first and hang out with them first....

maybe im just weird and dont just jump at the thought of dating...... but im all up for franda
  • daughter_of_a_hungry_ghost
    Options
    It would seem like a good idea. If you dated someone on MFP then you could workout and together and help each other on your diet.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I married the girl I met on a calorie counting site. In one month it will be our 1 year anniversary....she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

wow congrats :))
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    It would seem like a good idea. If you dated someone on MFP then you could workout and together and help each other on your diet.

Yep, definitely, someone who would understand why you were eating in a particular way or having to dedicate time to exercise and not whinge about it... because they would be doing the same thing! :)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

wow congrats :))

• fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Nope. I only date models.

Oh, excellent. I'm a life model. :love:
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I dont see what's wrong with it. Meeting someone you have lots of things in common with, fitness and health being two of them can only be a good thing right? i'd love to meet someone off here :)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Yep, definitely, someone who would understand why you were eating in a particular way or having to dedicate time to exercise and not whinge about it... because they would be doing the same thing! :)

This.
  • margeauxhunt
    Options

you only date asian men?

It's just personal preference is all.

It's like guys who prefer blondes, or girls who prefer guys with blue eyes. We all have preferences, all of us. People get their knickers in a twist over everything.

I like guys with dark hair and brown eyes, but I guess that means I'm discriminating against those with light hair. *rolls eyes*