I need some opinions on implants or not...

Options

Replies

• ProudMomToTwo
    ProudMomToTwo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am not much taller than you.
    I had 38C in college ( before marriage and kids) and that was ideal for me). Want to get back there again in wt., inches, and breast area.
    I am 40 DD now ( after kids ) and if I considered anything, after losing all the wt I need, I would get a lift but not implants. I feel top-heavy and uncomfortable this size. I wouldn't recommend D's or more.
    Whatever you decide - really make an informed decision.
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a boob job but not implants. I want mine reduced to like A's. At my HW (180's) I was a D. At about 140 I was in the C's. Now I am a 36 B.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I guess no one has told you 38 C is big already? I think it's a possibly dangerous op with side effects from the implants. Assuming these are at least $2-4K each, that's 4-10K. Spend the money on something else, like therapy. I know this sounds harsh, but if you think having big breasts is going to make 'you feel better about yourself' at such a young age, you're mistaken. The feeling better part is internal, not external. Your Dr wants your money, of course he's going to say good things about this.

yikes.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    yep. get 'em. they're your boobs. YOU'RE the one who has to deal with the cost, pain, and side effects of surgery. if you decide it's worth the effort, then do it!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    "D's" are subjective to the ladies size. 32D and 38D are not the same thing...in fact, they aren't close. A D on me and a D on a girl with a 38 band size is different.

OP...if you want a D, DD, E, F...whatever...do whatever you feel is best for you.

To ALL ladies with "real" breasts or "augmented" breasts: Do yourself a favor and get properly fitted at a reputable store (NOT Victoria Secrets). You will be amazed to see what your REAL bra size is and how much better you feel in a proper bra. That's my Public Service Announcement for the day :D. D's are not super scary large.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I'd be so happy if I had boobs your size... I'm a 34 AA :sad:

I'm actually saving up for implants though... Not sure if I want a B or C though. Probably C cup.
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a plastic surgeon that I have used before and am totally confident in his work. He knows what I am interested in and suggested a breast lift as well. He was totally and brutally honest with me, and I needed to hear that. :)

Lolled pretty hard about this. Totally honest about making some money from you? Sounds legit. And by legit I mean legit as in the same way a used car sales man will give you his "honest" opinion on buying a car from him.

You asked for opinions so I will give mine freely... fake tits are stupid and look stupid. I'm sure your knockers are fine and it sounds like a confidence thing. Stay natural.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a plastic surgeon that I have used before and am totally confident in his work. He knows what I am interested in and suggested a breast lift as well. He was totally and brutally honest with me, and I needed to hear that. :)

Lolled pretty hard about this. Totally honest about making some money from you? Sounds legit. And by legit I mean legit as in the same way a used car sales man will give you his "honest" opinion on buying a car from him.

You asked for opinions so I will give mine freely... fake tits are stupid and look stupid. I'm sure your knockers are fine and it sounds like a confidence thing. Stay natural.

That's insulting. Only on this forum have I EVER heard any man insult "fake" tits. Natural is beautiful and confidence goes a LONG way but there is nothing wrong with "fake" tits. They are neither stupid nor stupid looking.
  • Beezil
    Options

That's insulting. Only on this forum have I EVER heard any man insult "fake" tits. Natural is beautiful and confidence goes a LONG way but there is nothing wrong with "fake" tits. They are neither stupid nor stupid looking.

:heart:

Seriously... it's one thing to be opposed to them, it's another to completely insult the idea... I used to be strongly opposed to breast implants... but that can change real quick when you are left with next to nothing on your chest. I'm sorry, but I feel like I lost a part of what makes me a woman when I lost my breasts. Does it make me stupid for deciding to get implants so that I can gain some confidence back? I didn't work my *kitten* off to get healthy and look good just so I could end up feeling ashamed of my body all over again!
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    An invasive operation for a confidence boost? Yep I stand by my opinion that it's stupid. Sorry if that offends, but thats just my opinion.

Far better to address your confidence issues in another way. If you don't I'm pretty certain a lot of people will still find something to be unhappy about even with their new big knockers.
  • Beezil
    Options
    An invasive operation for a confidence boost? Yep I stand by my opinion that it's stupid. Sorry if that offends, but thats just my opinion.

Far better to address your confidence issues in another way. If you don't I'm pretty certain a lot of people will still find something to be unhappy about even with their new big knockers.

Well, you're a man, so I couldn't really expect you to understand. I'm very grateful for the technology that is there and the freedom that I have to seek it out and use it if I so choose. :)
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I decided if I can maintain my goal weight for a year I will consider them. They are expensive, but look up gummy bear breast implants. I know it sounds funny but it is what they are nicknaming a new filling for implants.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If your a C I don't see why you would need them. I've considered them but I can barely fill an A cup now.
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    I think if a boob job makes you feel better about yourself, then go for it. People make adjustments to themselves all the time, although less dramatic that surgery. lol
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    thank you :D

nope, wasn't aiming that at you sorry, was just generally throwing it out there having seen so many "ot's so dangerous", "get therapy", "fake tits look stupid" comments already on this thread. Anyone who has actually gone through a BA knows this is utter nonsense. Also d's are not big, even on a small girl. don't know what you guys refer to with band sizing but in the uk we measure just under the bust for the banding. The average size seems to be 34c. So yes c is most definitely not flat but there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve on what you have.
    me 3!

there are some serious misconceptions about plastic surgery in people's minds and hey i can barely talk since i have strong opinions on some aspects of it, but seriously OP, the ONLY opinion that matters is YOURS!

Implants will NOT make you feel better about yourself..that being said I have them (since I was 22 ..so 12 years..on my third set) and cant imagine life without them, however it is a decision that should not be taken lightly...and I CANNOT stress enough...WILL NOT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.

They make me feel better.:happy:

Me too. :wink:

U may or may not have been referring to my portion of the post you quoted here...no misconceptions here about plastic surgery. If u read my entire post ...I have had three breast augmentation surgeries ...I also stated that I cannot imagine being without my breast implants. My belt <<<<<~~~~~~ profile pic says I heart boobies. I am just simply saying that IMO feeling better about your self comes from within not bags filled with saline or silicone! To me that's all they are...I have never felt any better or worse with or without them. But I have had them 1/3 of my life and most of my adult life. Possibly I take them for granted!?!

Yes op ...homework homework homework! You seem like a smart lady and have had experience with a surgeon...u will definitely make the right decision for u!

Miss fancy u look great btw ....
  • Redsweetheart
    Options
    I have not read through the posts but since it is the right topic I think I could add my questions here.

I am soon to be 10 years post op. At age 19 I got saline implants under the muscle. I have never had any complications. They have been fantastic. I am so happy that I had them done.

But now I am wondering about long-term care. Is there a reason to replace them just because it's been 10 years? Or do I don't have to have them replaced? Anyone else that have had them for 10 years+?

Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.
  • amandadiamond90
    Options
    personally i have no problem with plastic surgery. but i can't help thinking what u'd look like when ur 80. i mean old wrinkly woman with perfect boobs?
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Implants will NOT make you feel better about yourself..that being said I have them (since I was 22 ..so 12 years..on my third set)

On your 3rd set?? :noway:
    I don't care for the way fake boobs look at all. I think women need to leave their bodies the way they were designed to be; then it wouldn't be an issue and everyone would appreciate the natural beauty. :bigsmile:
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    I have not read through the posts but since it is the right topic I think I could add my questions here.

I am soon to be 10 years post op. At age 19 I got saline implants under the muscle. I have never had any complications. They have been fantastic. I am so happy that I had them done.

But now I am wondering about long-term care. Is there a reason to replace them just because it's been 10 years? Or do I don't have to have them replaced? Anyone else that have had them for 10 years+?

Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.

No, unless they are giving you problems of any kind :bigsmile: You could always have them checked out by your surgeon to see if they are still ok x
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

having seen so many "ot's so dangerous", "get therapy", "fake tits look stupid" comments already on this thread. Anyone who has actually gone through a BA knows this is utter nonsense.

It is not utter nonsense to say that surgery is dangerous. Also, the OP was asking for opinions -- just because some people feel differently than you again doesn't make their opinions utter nonsense. I don't think bringing a BA into this makes any sense btw. Especially since that includes a huge assortment of majors with no correlation to breast implants, surgery, therapy, etc.