messageless friend requests

Options

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Denied two blank ones just now.

I equate it to trying to be friends with someone by walking up and standing next to them. Not saying a word. Just being there. Kind of strange...

:laugh: This! I never thought of it that way but it's a great analogy.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    No message and profile on private so I can't even see if we have common friends and that is how you know me.

Denied for sure, sucks since my profile says in several place to send a message with your FR. So either you can't read of you just don't give a rats *kitten* about my requests...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I decline most. The blank ones actually make it easier.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'm supportive of those I feel I know, but also completely random and at times offensive. I feel like my list is getting to the "dumping" point, because I don't know and/or talk to or hear from half the people there. I was just willy nilly accepting blanks.... *sigh* no more...
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I will deny some messageless requests but accept others. Without a message I will usually deny all 18-19 year olds and anyone with over 500 friends. Or if I just feel like my list is too big at the moment I'll deny all messageless. Never refuse a request with a message included.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ~deny~

when you are as offensive as i am, i really would like to know why the hell someone is friend requesting me in the first place. i'll still usually accept with a message, but i at least can, i don't know, warn them or at least pre-apologize.

~*~ blank requests are creepster to me. and proves you can't read a profile, so why do i need to give that person my time? ~*~

FYI...Creepers send messages with FRs too..they teach us that in Creeper 101
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    if the requests are blank, i will deny at this point. i want those on my friends lists to be just that - friends - those i want to hear from. i keep my list relatively small for that purpose.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't like it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I accept any and all friend requests. I usually put a message when I ask for a friend request.

This. You can never be sure who does or doesn't accept messageless requests so I just always send something. And it is appreciated that if you choose to decline anyway, to respond with some polite reasoning.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Denied two blank ones just now.

I equate it to trying to be friends with someone by walking up and standing next to them. Not saying a word. Just being there. Kind of strange...

:laugh: This! I never thought of it that way but it's a great analogy.

Exactly!
    Options
    I don't like it.

um.... what part?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, but this?
    people who hide their diary from you.

honestly, I don't see the point in reaching out for friends on here who can't help you if they don't know where you might be going wrong.

Ain't no thing. Who cares if it's private, I'm sure there's a reason for it and if they really want someone's opinion on their food, they'll ask. *shrug*
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    you feel kinda like this??
    BabyAntiMonkeyButtCream.jpg
    You really shouldn't.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I check out their profile and if they seem harmless or honest, I accept.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    guess i havent been here long enough to give a **** yet...
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    agreed! :) decline without a msg...its right there on my profile asking for a lil msg.
  • JammyM
    JammyM Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't have many friends but If I got more request I'd accept them. It's not like Facebook or anything. Just everyone trying to support each other.
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think I've always put a message with my request. I like to know why people want to be 'friends' with me. Do you like my comments, my progress, or what. I'm not into adding friends for numbers.

And this is why we are friends :)
    Options
    I don't have many friends but If I got more request I'd accept them. It's not like Facebook or anything. Just everyone trying to support each other.

I completely agree, but A) it says it plain as day on my profile and B) I have like 160 friends. I can't keep up, especially with the one who don't interact, because I don't know them well enough to support them...
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    guess i havent been here long enough to give a **** yet...

^^THIS. I accept everybody. Nothing bad has ever come of it.