messageless friend requests

Options

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I send along a message with mine, and I believe most of the people who have sent me one have included a message. I have denied a couple with no message, pic and a private profile...I can't even see if we have things in common.

I also tell people who post "need friends" topics to add me if they want and that my diary is open...I usually respond to the ones I have things in common with but sometimes not. I do not want you to be my friend unless you really want to, I can express my interest but I think it should be mutual! :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I really don't think about it all that much
    whats the difference in getting a blank friend request. and one that has a generic one liner about support etc

a little silly to me...dont overthink it....
    maybe that is why I have few friends..LOL

when you get in the triple digits, let us know.... and to be fair I DID say it was silly. I did after all, post it in the chit-chat section for a reason.... :flowerforyou:

FYI....I started here in 08....I have no clue how many friends at that time I acquired....the number never mattered to me
    closed my account for a bit, and came back recently....will continue, as I have, to accept any and all friends requests....I dont know.... for me it doesnt matter if I have 5 or 500 'friends'

what am I missing?

and hope to keep this light hearted....:flowerforyou:

if that works for you, then nothing, obviously. I just really like to get to know my pals, so I know how to best support them is all. Your way is right for you as mine is for me. And, I did post this as a silly, but I am sincere in my support.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest. The people who say "Oh I accept everyone!" have typically been here for a month. Give them some time and when their list gets to 200 they'll be cutting people as viciously as the rest of us long time users.

Everyone's list is their own business. How you decide to manage it does not make you better than anyone else.

I agree that everyone's list is their own business.

However, I do accept everyone, generally, but I do like to keep my list relatively small so I also delete at my own discretion. :laugh:
    Options
    Just make it one big free for all on everyones pages.

man oh man, the image that just ran through my head, lmao! It was cartoonish and hysterical... :laugh:

ETA: you're pretty

lol I can ONLY imagine!

btw.. I wish I had your body lol!

why, thank you! I'm working on getting it back and to think that was only taken in November. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.... :bigsmile:

You can do it! :wink: I am working on it myself. I have alot further to go than you but, some day!

from what I saw in my stalking, you sure don't. :happy:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I only accept blank FR where the picture shows a speculum in use.

Challenge accepted (when I get off the work computers)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I'm supportive of those I feel I know, but also completely random and at times offensive. I feel like my list is getting to the "dumping" point, because I don't know and/or talk to or hear from half the people there. I was just willy nilly accepting blanks.... *sigh* no more...

Dont dump me please!
    I love your random posts and look at your picture to inspire me. Osbialy I sent a message with my request since you accepted me. :wink:
  • JammyM
    JammyM Posts: 15
    Options
    Ooooh, one of the cool kids. Lol

What is one supposed to say? "You're body is hot & it's motivating me so let's be friends."?

oooops meant to quote

this was for the OP

um... I'm sorry if that's how I came across, but all I was saying is I'd like to know why or if there would be a connection. No need to be ugly over my silly request.

ETA: I never said I was a cool kid....

Ugly? :cry:

NO!!! You are not PHYSICALLY ugly. Your words about me being a "cool kid" thinking I'm better than others was ugly. I genuinely try to support all of my friends, so I found that hurtful. :cry:
    My apologies. It was really meant as a light hearted joke with no real depth to it.

oh ok, I'm sensitive. By the way, you don't look like you need a great deal of help there, sir. But, support is always nice.

Aww me too.
    Why thank you! I have come a long way though. I looked 12 months pregnant last year lol (only slightly exaggerating)
    And I can say the same for you Miss Swim Suit :blushing:
    Options
    I'm supportive of those I feel I know, but also completely random and at times offensive. I feel like my list is getting to the "dumping" point, because I don't know and/or talk to or hear from half the people there. I was just willy nilly accepting blanks.... *sigh* no more...

Dont dump me please!
    I love your random posts and look at your picture to inspire me. Osbialy I sent a message with my request since you accepted me. :wink:

aw, no, I won't, but I'm glad you like my random posts, lol.
    Options

What is one supposed to say? "You're body is hot & it's motivating me so let's be friends."?

oooops meant to quote

this was for the OP

um... I'm sorry if that's how I came across, but all I was saying is I'd like to know why or if there would be a connection. No need to be ugly over my silly request.

NO!!! You are not PHYSICALLY ugly. Your words about me being a "cool kid" thinking I'm better than others was ugly. I genuinely try to support all of my friends, so I found that hurtful. :cry:
    My apologies. It was really meant as a light hearted joke with no real depth to it.

oh ok, I'm sensitive. By the way, you don't look like you need a great deal of help there, sir. But, support is always nice.

Aww me too.
    Why thank you! I have come a long way though. I looked 12 months pregnant last year lol (only slightly exaggerating)

:blushing: thanks :blushing:
  • JammyM
    JammyM Posts: 15
    Options
    ....I dont add unattractive people...

I'll start doing that once I get sexy again lol j/k
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

btw.. I wish I had your body lol!

why, thank you! I'm working on getting it back and to think that was only taken in November. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.... :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

You can do it! :wink: I am working on it myself. I have alot further to go than you but, some day!
    [/quote]

from what I saw in my stalking, you sure don't. :happy:
    [/quote]

Thanks for the kind words. I definatly do. I am getting there tho! Taking my time lol. I like my cheat meals way to much!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

oooops meant to quote

this was for the OP

Aww me too.

:blushing: thanks :blushing:

I think you guys need to write concise and properly worded friend requests to each other =P

I KEED KEED!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i want to be your friend because you look sexy

haha i just put a smiley face with mine if i dont have a 'real' reason. if people send a blank one to me i look at their profile and then decide if i want to add them. its really not a big deal to me.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    After all, it's what's inside that counts.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

*rimshot*
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Denied! I mean.... is it really that hard to say why we should be pals? You make me feel like a real assmonkey hitting decline, so pretty please don't make me feel that way, because I really don't like it.... k, thanks! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Ha. I'll never include a message.

MFP says all I need it too "mackeric would like to be friends..."

Clearly, we have something in common, or else we wouldn't be here.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i really would like to know why the hell someone is friend requesting me in the first place.

ITS YOUR BOOBS. :tongue:

I'm not trying to be an asshat, nor do I dislike your pic (think it's great actually) but yeah, that's why people don't say anything and just request you.

You too OP. Poster who denied 11 in one day - it's your flat tummy and undie shot :laugh:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Anyone who sends me at least a message as to why they've sent the friend request I'll usually accept. However if it's from someone I've interacted with on the boards I will accept it without a message. I have it on my profile to please send a message with the friend request so it is a bit weird for someone to request friendship that I've never interacted with in some way.

Instead of deleting the a blank request I simply ignore it waiting to see if I interact with the person in future. So far it has yet to happen.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    *rimshot*
    Thanks. I'm here all weekend.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'll answer honestly. If it's a new person, I will accept a blank friend request. Maybe they don't know the etiquette yet and need some buddies. I may change this some day if my list gets out of control - but if so, I'd make a note in my profile.

If it's someone whose been here a while, I want a note - although usually that happens.