messageless friend requests

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I accept any and all. If you can put up with me, you are a saint. Or as bad as I am.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    guess i havent been here long enough to give a **** yet...

^^THIS. I accept everybody. Nothing bad has ever come of it.

:flowerforyou:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    :frown:
    I decline almost all of them, message or not. I'm a weirdo.

hence the reason I vowed never to send one. I'll just keep admiring from afar. :happy:

She declines my friend requests 2x a day. Not sure why she is worried about me being a creeper....
  • ZaneNicole
    Options
    If ya wanna b buddies.....say something when sending ur request! I love to keep in touch w my friends!:)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    At least buy me a drink first
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I spent the time looking at someones profile or reading their comments on a thread I feel they can do likewise, most of the time I don't feel like selling myself, if I am denied no biggie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

hence the reason I vowed never to send one. I'll just keep admiring from afar. :happy:

She declines my friend requests 2x a day. Not sure why she is worried about me being a creeper....

:laugh:
  • JammyM
    JammyM Posts: 15
    Options
    Ooooh, one of the cool kids. Lol

What is one supposed to say? "You're body is hot & it's motivating me so let's be friends."?

oooops meant to quote

this was for the OP
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    guess i havent been here long enough to give a **** yet...

^^THIS. I accept everybody. Nothing bad has ever come of it.
    Pretty brave for someone that has only one pic of a cartoon on her profile. O..O
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

If I accepted, I'd miss the attention. :smile:
    Options

What is one supposed to say? "You're body is hot & it's motivating me so let's be friends."?

oooops meant to quote

this was for the OP

um... I'm sorry if that's how I came across, but all I was saying is I'd like to know why or if there would be a connection. No need to be ugly over my silly request.

ETA: I never said I was a cool kid....
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, but this?
    people who hide their diary from you.

honestly, I don't see the point in reaching out for friends on here who can't help you if they don't know where you might be going wrong.

Ain't no thing. Who cares if it's private, I'm sure there's a reason for it and if they really want someone's opinion on their food, they'll ask. *shrug*

that's cool. different strokes for different folks.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

oooops meant to quote

this was for the OP

Some people have similar goals, mutual friends or have interacted in the forums. There are many things one could say. Your post says a great deal more about you than it does about the OP.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I agree with you 100%. If someone wants to add me I would like to know why or where they seen me. I don't really think there is anything wrong with it. Sometimes I will look at their profile if they didnt attach a message and if I think its someone I want to be friends with then I will accept. Otherwise if it is private I will deny. Except guys, they are always denied. I don't really think there is anything wrong with people holding their own standards for who they want to add to their friends list. Otherwise if we are suppose to just accept adds from anyone, why even have private profiles. Just make it one big free for all on everyones pages.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I usually check out their profile and tend to accept. But I WILL message them as to why, and have always gotten responses. But i do tend to find that the people that don't include messages log in for a week and then aren't on here for 2-3 months so I drop them anyway. Anybody else notice that trend?

**EDIT - bolded
  • JammyM
    JammyM Posts: 15
    Options
    Only if you're reading too much into something that doesn't exist.
    I just want all the help I can get from an encouraging word to a hot "before & after" photo slide to tips on dieting. For me personally this is a journey I can't make without a kind word here & there.
    :bigsmile:

crap I keep forgetting to press "quote" the forum I'm used to doesn't have a "reply" button

this was for Contrarian
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I've denied 11 today with no messages. It's not that hard people!!!! Tell me i'm pretty or something... :laugh:

I admit being a perv and your avatar just begs for hitting the friend button!
    Options
    Just make it one big free for all on everyones pages.

man oh man, the image that just ran through my head, lmao! It was cartoonish and hysterical... :laugh:

ETA: you're pretty
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I accept any and all. If you can put up with me, you are a saint. Or as bad as I am.

:laugh:
    watch out for this one....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest. The people who say "Oh I accept everyone!" have typically been here for a month. Give them some time and when their list gets to 200 they'll be cutting people as viciously as the rest of us long time users.

Everyone's list is their own business. How you decide to manage it does not make you better than anyone else.