Would you ever be a stripper?

Options

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have too much extra skin, and too little ability to humor and flatter men. Oh, and I hate being touched by people I don't know. So no, but I see no shame in it.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to do the pole dancing!

A lot of strippers don't pole dance all that well. (No doubt, some are very good, but many are not.)
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sure but not sure there's a big demand for middle aged male strippers... Plus I'd be almost scared. From what my wife tells me women are 10 times worse then men at those Chip & Dales type things.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    No, and um No...

Oh did I mention No?

Its one thing to go to them (which I have its quite fun)

But its quite another to work at one. Not to offend anyone who does but I imagine once you've stripped or done anything of that nature for money a little piece of you inside is lost.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If I had the body, was able to dance. Heck yeah I would!

I never understood the close-minded mentality of people judging other's who can make a good living doing things they love. That goes for prostitution as well! It's ok for a woman to strip for free at home or have as much random sex as she wants but she is able to make a living off it, it's bad....
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Read Diablo Cody's memoir. She was an average kook and decided on a whim to try stripping and see what she thought and the resulting book made her famous. :)

Also, I would LOVE to be confident with the pole and being sexy. I have yet to find that sexy side. I get awkward and silly when I even think of being sexy... If doing it for strangers a couple times would make me capable of doing it for the honey, hell yeah I'd do it. :)
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    I love how some of the people here assume strippers are all drug addicts. I know OF quite a few strippers locally and have never heard or seen anything to suggest that any of them are drug addicts. In fact, many of them have similar activities, houses and cars to adminitrative professionals like myself.:huh:
  • Bridget0927
    Options
    Question FBMandy:

Not calling u out or anything like that or to start any argument everyone is entitled to their opinions, just completely curious
    If you had a daughter would you be proud of her if she chose that as her profession?
    No judgement here just wonderin
  • Bridget0927
    Options
    The reason I ask is there is a lot of things I think are just fine for people to do
    But when I think of it in terms of my son doing it the whole thing changes.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If the tips are good, I might consider it. Is there a nich market for 57 yr old bald strippers?
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    Question FBMandy:

Not calling u out or anything like that or to start any argument everyone is entitled to their opinions, just completely curious
    If you had a daughter would you be proud of her if she chose that as her profession?

I wouldn't judge my daughter if she was mature enough to make that decision and was happy with her decision. Too me it wouldn't make her any less of a person or a daughter. I would be far less proud if my child had a college degree and and a nice "respectable" career but was a complete jerk of a person (cheater, abuser,etc).

Then again, I try to judge people by their character, not what they look like or where they work..
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    If the tips are good, I might consider it. Is there a nich market for 57 yr old bald strippers?
    Yes.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was raised with a little more class than that.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, I like a good show. But I would never bring one of those girls home.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Question FBMandy:

I wouldn't judge my daughter if she was mature enough to make that decision and was happy with her decision. Too me it wouldn't make her any less of a person or a daughter. I would be far less proud if my child had a college degree and and a nice "respectable" career but was a complete jerk of a person (cheater, abuser,etc).

Then again, I try to judge people by their character, not what they look like or where they work..

:heart: :love:
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My response was about the same. But I been thinking we could start our own version of Chip & Dales that only tours nursing homes. To the ladies there we'd still be young. :laugh:
  • Bridget0927
    Options
    Question FBMandy:

That is a great answer and way to look at it. I wasnt really thinking of the choice between being a good person and a stripper and being a bad person with a "regular job". I would pick the same if it was between the two.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Question FBMandy:

:heart: :love:
    :heart: :heart: I love you both lol
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Heck, I've had offers to dance at fetish nights. I'm not shy, so if it weren't for the fact that it was a sleazebag place, I would've done it. If there was a decent club around here that had plus size fetish nights, I'd do it now.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nope but one day I hope to have a stripper pole in my bedroom and a husband to work it for! They have some incredible muscles!
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Or even ever consider it?

Honestly, I'm really looking into it. My body is getting better and better and I'm comfortable with nudity, so why not?
    I'm sure your mother raised you better than that!