Bump for later
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    bump
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    For me I take a break, i mean if I cut down carbs(>=100g per day) then I'll take a break to about 2 days then going back again to usual low carb. If i do HIIT for few days, i take break. Or if I get my protein from fish sometimes i get them through red meat, etc. etc. etc. I keep on changing both eat nutrition and workout. however i always make sure that the my protein is within range.

now I haven't mention anything about lep... neu...thy... or any of those... yes i do sometimes gain weight but always end up few pounds lighter from the previous 2 weeks that i weigh in. Also, i only target to lose about 0.5lb per week...

thoughts?
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thank suziecue66, it the right dosage :-D

I totally agree with wacky, diet methods, IF for us here is able to go against any biaised pretext that you would put on genetics.

We know the body adapts to the activity - the more you train, the more you need to eat, the more you lose. No need to go futher than that.
    An interesting study showed how it was possible to update somes genes expression when it comes to intermittent fasting an fat desposition/ storage.
    What does that mean ? well simply that contrary to other diets methods, if we consider it more like a lifestyle (I do actually) you also will be able to see gains on the long term. Even if it's about optimising our fitness, no need to tell that being healthy, free from any modern diseases is a bonus.
    Our study demonstrates that the transcription of the Fsp27 gene in adipose tissue may be induced in response to nutritional stimuli. Furthermore, PPARγ2, C/EBPα, and insulin may be involved in the nutritional regulation of FSP27. Thus intermittent fasting, despite lower caloric intake, may promote triacylglycerol deposition in WAT by increasing the expression of genes involved in lipid storage, such as Fsp27.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21996045
    http://www.jbc.org/content/282/47/34213.full.pdf

If we go back a little, when we talked about the cycling, what happens through time if you keep making your cycling difference bigger from training days and rest days, for instance : +50/ -50%, how the metabolism adapts ?

@hedgiie sure about what ?
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Very informative. Bump for later.
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    awesome, im reading this... thank you.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump this. Somewhat confused...will re-read later.
  • rosiecotton
    rosiecotton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    I don't understand a thing. Can anyone explain in simple terms? D:
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Thank suziecue66, it the right dosage :-D

I totally agree with wacky, diet methods, IF for us here is able to go against any biaised pretext that you would put on genetics.

We know the body adapts to the activity - the more you train, the more you need to eat, the more you lose. No need to go futher than that.
    An interesting study showed how it was possible to update somes genes expression when it comes to intermittent fasting an fat desposition/ storage.
    What does that mean ? well simply that contrary to other diets methods, if we consider it more like a lifestyle (I do actually) you also will be able to see gains on the long term. Even if it's about optimising our fitness, no need to tell that being healthy, free from any modern diseases is a bonus.
    Our study demonstrates that the transcription of the Fsp27 gene in adipose tissue may be induced in response to nutritional stimuli. Furthermore, PPARγ2, C/EBPα, and insulin may be involved in the nutritional regulation of FSP27. Thus intermittent fasting, despite lower caloric intake, may promote triacylglycerol deposition in WAT by increasing the expression of genes involved in lipid storage, such as Fsp27.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21996045
    http://www.jbc.org/content/282/47/34213.full.pdf

If we go back a little, when we talked about the cycling, what happens through time if you keep making your cycling difference bigger from training days and rest days, for instance : +50/ -50%, how the metabolism adapts ?

@hedgiie sure about what ?

making sure that protein is within range, sugar is minimized or nothing if i could. carbs is cycled between medium to low.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Bump
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Did we ever get the final answer??
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    :smile:

There is no specific answer, if you are looking for the perfect one. We just saw through different things how to make your body's development optimum. I started to work on several protocols, almost done, that present a program to follow for serveral body types. But if you read everything, you already have all the answers for you :)

@ hedgiie : I wanted to review your diary, but it's locked.
    What are your macros numbers ?
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    This is the most intellectually thought out thread I have ever read on MFP. Bravo everyone!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Thank you TXHunny84
    The protocols are almost done, but I'm kinda lazy lately hehe
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Bump
  • suziecue66
    Options