Girls Lift Heavy Dammit...

Options

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Congrats! Great results! .... Please share some of your routines, I do feel a little intimidated in that side of the gym.

There are several programs that teach women how to lift. "New rules for lifting for Women", Jillian Micheals has some weight lifting DVD's or Chalean Extreme from Beach body. If you are interesting in the last one message me I am currently do this 90 day program and I love it. will Hit my 30 days in about 4 days and will be taking pics and measurements.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    2 inches in a month??? NICE!
    :love:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Nice results and good for you! Girls would do well to lift HEAVY!! :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have a routine that I created myself, and lost 12 1/2 inches in 3 months doing it (only 8 lbs though). Last week, I switched to StrongLifts 5x5 and we'll see how that goes. The reason is that I want to use more compound lifts and fewer isolated ones as well as to use a plan that my partner will participate in.

Another routine that gets a lot of good press is the NROLFW plan (New Rules Of Lifting For Women). I have that book also and used parts of it to base my initial plan on.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Only been doing it a month! Fantastic results!!

Been lifting since January but these pics are one month apart.

I lift 3Xs a week, run maybe 2Xs a week for 45 min or so.

I used New Rules of Lifting for Women and the Strong Lifts 5 X 5 programs.

Squat 170, DL 130, BP 90 hoping to keep upping those numbers.
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 151 wear a size 6/4 jean.
    I am eating 1700-2400 calories everyday.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    I have a routine that I created myself, and lost 12 1/2 inches in 3 months doing it (only 8 lbs though). Last week, I switched to StrongLifts 5x5 and we'll see how that goes. The reason is that I want to use more compound lifts and fewer isolated ones as well as to use a plan that my partner will participate in.

Another routine that gets a lot of good press is the NROLFW plan (New Rules Of Lifting For Women). I have that book also and used parts of it to base my initial plan on.

Ditto and I agree.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    AGREE AGREE AGREE!! You look great!!!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options

You are amazing.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.

IMG_0777-1-2.jpg

You look great!:smile:

I love lifting heavy...it's such a freakin rush!!!!

Ladies,don't be afraid to lift heavy.....I've lost inches too!
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love lifting!! The guys at my gym are really helpful when I ask. It may be the fact that at 45 most to them are way younger and think of me as an Aunt type person.

I feel so empowered when I am lifting!
  • waisted78
    waisted78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree, agree. I get mad in the gym when I see women just running on the treadmill. I go to the squat rack, in the mirror to deadlift, I can't bench heavy as my chest is really weak (when I was younger I carried around Triple H cups so...yeah) but with each bench my chest gets stronger. Deadlifting 110 Lbs easy (need to increase, I guess?). I love women who lift heavy! You're an inspiration!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    I also want to add I have the hottest friend list of girls who lift and every single one of them makes me push it that much harder. Love you Girls.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.

IMG_0777-1-2.jpg

You look great!:smile:

I love lifting heavy...it's such a freakin rush!!!!

Ladies,don't be afraid to lift heavy.....I've lost inches too!

I knew I friended you for a reason:love:
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Outstanding results!!

I love seeing results of women lifting heavy. I am doing New Rules and seeing pics like this really fuel me.

Thanks!!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    Outstanding results!!

I love seeing results of women lifting heavy. I am doing New Rules and seeing pics like this really fuel me.

Thanks!!

Don't forget to take pics, I wish now I had taken more of them.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great results, I just started Stronglifts, hoping for good results !
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I also want to add I have the hottest friend list of girls who lift and every single one of them makes me push it that much harder. Love you Girls.
    Can I get an amen!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

If you're happy with your results, that's awesome!

However, I'm not scared or making excuses... not sure why it's assumed that those are the only reasons a girl might not be interested in lifting big weights. 1. That's not a body type that I like for myself and 2. lifting big weights in the gym is not interesting to me at all. Nothing to do with fear!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options

If you're happy with your results, that's awesome!

However, I'm not scared or making excuses... not sure why it's assumed that those are the only reasons a girl might not be interested in lifting big weights. 1. That's not a body type that I like for myself and 2. lifting big weights in the gym is not interesting to me at all. Nothing to do with fear!

True, not the only reason:sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!