Girls Lift Heavy Dammit...

Options

Replies

• xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm so taking a pic of my back so I can show it off! This is the first time I've ever done strength training the way I am now!
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    FYI: I talked to the trainer at my local gym and from what he says, the amount of weights it takes to trim vs the amount of weights it takes to get 'ripped' is a phenomenal difference. You work out in an entirely way to get 'ripped'!

I proudly invade the man cave at the gym and while my little baby weights are pretty pathetic and i'm pretty sure they laugh when I leave, whatever i'm getting it done and I'm not going to be a body builder, but I am gonna build up some muscle so my 'regular' living burns way more calories ^_^
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.
    If you're happy with your results, that's awesome!

However, I'm not scared or making excuses... not sure why it's assumed that those are the only reasons a girl might not be interested in lifting big weights. 1. That's not a body type that I like for myself and 2. lifting big weights in the gym is not interesting to me at all. Nothing to do with fear!

Then why did you come here?
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! I do P90X and my friends are all DAMN thats too hard. I'm Too OLD...Thats for men..
    OH no its NOT!!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.

However, I'm not scared or making excuses... not sure why it's assumed that those are the only reasons a girl might not be interested in lifting big weights. 1. That's not a body type that I like for myself and 2. lifting big weights in the gym is not interesting to me at all. Nothing to do with fear!

here where? myfitnesspal, or just this post specifically? either way, does it matter?

anyway, was just adding my opinion. not here to deflect from the actual point of the post.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    AWESOME results for a month! Back looking good!! :flowerforyou:
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options

This is true. You may have no interest in changing your body composition, may want to keep those little pockets that never go away, and may like the idea of falling into the "almost there" look when you hit your goal. I however see these pics and sooo many others and I can't wait to get to the next step and start lifting heavy. I didn't like to run (and don't have the "figure" for it) but Damn! I like the results.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Like, like, like - best "gift" I ever gave my body!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options

IMG_0777-1-2.jpg

Nice! I love the "man cave" side of the gym.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

here where? myfitnesspal, or just this post specifically? either way, does it matter?

anyway, was just adding my opinion. not here to deflect from the actual point of the post.

That's precisely what you intended to do. This is success stories, start the debate elsewhere.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Been lifting since January but these pics are one month apart.

I lift 3Xs a week, run maybe 2Xs a week for 45 min or so.

I used New Rules of Lifting for Women and the Strong Lifts 5 X 5 programs.

Squat 170, DL 130, BP 90 hoping to keep upping those numbers.
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 151 wear a size 6/4 jean.
    I am eating 1700-2400 calories everyday."
    [/quote]

Wow, we are the same height and about the same weight....I'm starting NROLW on Monday...seeing your pics and the fact that you are in a 6/4 jean makes me even more excited to start. Hopefully I can ditch these 8's and join the size 6 club...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

That's precisely what you intended to do. This is success stories, start the debate elsewhere.
    Not at all. Also didn't realize it was in success stories, I clicked on it from my homepage. I figured it was in the exercise forum, should have double checked though.
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. Way to go!
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love to lift!!!! DL: 135# Snatch: 45# (3 shoulder surgeries-NOT from lifting and just started back overhead) Power Clean: 75# and building back up!!! Go girl!!!!!! CrossFit is where I do my lifting on the WOD main site schedule!

You look FABULOUS by the way!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    <
    This girl does lift heavy :smile: But you look amazing!! I can't wait to get my body in shape! Congrats!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Heck Yeah...you look good and work...Love Strength and Lifting...about to me one of my great passion really soon! CONGRATS
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    holy...wow! had you been lifting heavy prior to one month ago, or is that a one month in progress shot? either way, that is a HUGE DIFFERENCE for only one month. congratulations, you look AMAZING! and this is a totally inspiring success story.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    "Been lifting since January but these pics are one month apart.

I lift 3Xs a week, run maybe 2Xs a week for 45 min or so.

I used New Rules of Lifting for Women and the Strong Lifts 5 X 5 programs.

Squat 170, DL 130, BP 90 hoping to keep upping those numbers.
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 151 wear a size 6/4 jean.
    I am eating 1700-2400 calories everyday."
    [/quote]

Wow, we are the same height and about the same weight....I'm starting NROLW on Monday...seeing your pics and the fact that you are in a 6/4 jean makes me even more excited to start. Hopefully I can ditch these 8's and join the size 6 club...
    [/quote]

You can, you will. I believe.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I will be the only one who hates this because it will be harder for Zombies to eat your brains.

You are my favorite Zombie ever!!!!

Love me some Zombies!!!:heart:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

It's okay if some women don't want the weight lifting body type. More room in the weight room for us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!