Girls Lift Heavy Dammit...

Options

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration! Lifting heavy is my ultimate goal. Your back, waist and shoulders are beautiful!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.
    If you're happy with your results, that's awesome!

However, I'm not scared or making excuses... not sure why it's assumed that those are the only reasons a girl might not be interested in lifting big weights. 1. That's not a body type that I like for myself and 2. lifting big weights in the gym is not interesting to me at all. Nothing to do with fear!

It's okay if some women don't want the weight lifting body type. More room in the weight room for us.

I really heart you so much.:heart:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration! Lifting heavy is my ultimate goal. Your back, waist and shoulders are beautiful!
    just start now :smile:

dont get hung up on numbers. lifting heavy is more about challenging yourself and your muscles , not really about any specific weights. so if lifting heavy for you means body weight squats then do that until you can add on. if it means 100 added pounds then do that.

to the OP. your results look great!

and yes, i'm kind of over trying to convince other women to join me in the weight room. they can stay out of they wan, that's just one less person i have to share the power rack with
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    FYI: I talked to the trainer at my local gym and from what he says, the amount of weights it takes to trim vs the amount of weights it takes to get 'ripped' is a phenomenal difference. You work out in an entirely way to get 'ripped'!

I proudly invade the man cave at the gym and while my little baby weights are pretty pathetic and i'm pretty sure they laugh when I leave, whatever i'm getting it done and I'm not going to be a body builder, but I am gonna build up some muscle so my 'regular' living burns way more calories ^_^

You won't get bulky lifting heavy but you will see results faster. No reason why woman can't lift heavy. Think about the groceries, or your purse, children, bag of dog food all those things women lift everyday so why limit yourself to barbie weights. Don't waste your time lifting light and easy, challenge yourself and you will see amazing results. Do some more research and you will see.
  • theartichoke
    Options

dont get hung up on numbers. lifting heavy is more about challenging yourself and your muscles , not really about any specific weights. so if lifting heavy for you means body weight squats then do that until you can add on. if it means 100 added pounds then do that.

and yes, i'm kind of over trying to convince other women to join me in the weight room. they can stay out of they wan, that's just one less person i have to share the power rack with

I have to get 37 more pounds off before I get the all clear to use weights. I have degenerative disc disease in my neck and my weight (and an E cup chest) have to come down or I'll make it worse. I'm starting with just using my body as weight for now, focusing on learning proper form and building whatever strength I can. I want soooo badly to get there and it's frustrating to have to wait but I did this to myself and I have an exciting goal just down the road!! I see you posting so often on here and always like what you have to say. Would it be okay for me to send a friend request? When I make it I'd be so grateful for friends to watch and learn from!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options

Thank you. Body resistant training is a great way to start, you will get there, just keep on keeping on.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    I love the waistline on you!

Thank you I'm loving it too. Comfortable in my own skin is my ultimate goal:smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

I have to get 37 more pounds off before I get the all clear to use weights. I have degenerative disc disease in my neck and my weight (and an E cup chest) have to come down or I'll make it worse. I'm starting with just using my body as weight for now, focusing on learning proper form and building whatever strength I can. I want soooo badly to get there and it's frustrating to have to wait but I did this to myself and I have an exciting goal just down the road!! I see you posting so often on here and always like what you have to say. Would it be okay for me to send a friend request? When I make it I'd be so grateful for friends to watch and learn from!

oh sorry. sometimes i forget that people might have other issues. until you get the all clear, maybe what you can do in the meantime is start doing the motions now without and weight and substituting something like a broom for deadlifts. that way your muscles and nervous system will be used to doing the movements with good form and you'll have a good part of the battle down.

oh yeah i'm also boobalicious, and i'll say what really helps is core strength, so abs and low back.

and i beat you to the friend request...mouhahahaha
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You're awesome but we knew that. Yay for your results! My only question is:

Who wouldn't want the body lifting heavy gives women?!? :noway: :love:
  • jeano22
    jeano22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are seriously an inspiration!
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

dont open that can of worms :laugh:

you're going to get the naysayers who will say they dont want arms/legs/neck like arnold as if they'd be able to look like that with 3 weeks of training :laugh:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options

Exactly!! I love lifting heavy and all my girls here that do!! Pfffftttt!! The only ones that don't want "that body type" apparently aren't looking at your pic hard enough .... Or don't realize just how effective lifting really is. I sooooo:heart: you btw xo
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options

dont open that can of worms :laugh:

you're going to get the naysayers who will say they dont want arms/legs/neck like arnold as if they'd be able to look like that with 3 weeks of training :laugh:

I think we should open it, crazy with all the proof we have around here and women still don't get it. Lift 10 pound barbie weights all day but struggle with a 40 pound bag of dog food...I just don't get it. :noway:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sass look at you girl!! Phenomenal results!!

I love girls who lift heavy. They're strong inside and out. I'll take that over a gym bunny every single time.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love pushing the limits with weights...
    Its a great sense of accomplishment!
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to find your thread! I've started reading The New rules of Lifting two days ago and I'm ready to start stage one! Your back looks awesome....I'm so inspired now!!!! Thank you for posting your pics!!
    :heart: ang
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    Sass look at you girl!! Phenomenal results!!

I love girls who lift heavy. They're strong inside and out. I'll take that over a gym bunny every single time.

And this ladies is why I lift. Thank you Brett. :blushing:
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!I I just started lifting with my husband and I am going light and slow since I just had surgery last week. Seeing your results inspiries me to start working harder as soon as I can. I don't care as much about the number on the scale as I do the way my clothes fit and how my body looks. Thanks for posting.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey, thank you for posting this. I was getting concerned because I have been scratching my head looking at the scale. I have been fluctuating about three pounds for three weeks, and I am lifting weights more right now. I am very encouraged by your progress, and I know I really don't care what the number is as long as the jeans fit better, and the curves get tighter. I'm gonna keep on lifting, and go even heavier in the next few weeks. Great post!
  • theartichoke
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!