Everyone who eats 2500+ calories!

Options
1235»

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'.

This is a fitness site, not just a weightloss site. =/ Hence the name myFITNESSpal.
    Weightloss is not the only way of being healthy. There are a lot of people on here trying to gain weight/muscle.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    looolllllllll i spent my whole life gaining weight iam a freakin rocketdoctor on the subject
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'.

Seriously, there's always at least one....

Jealous much?
    MFP:, My fitness pal, not My fatloss pal....

And yeah it is hard for some. 2300-2500 for 7 weeks and a 5 lb gain for me, Some days I'm absolutely sick of the site of food.

Healthy gainers, feel free to add me too!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm eating ~3000/day to lose... and it's working. Add me if you wish. :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2500 and 3000 depending on the day. It's the only balance I've found where I can lose weight and keep bumping up my lifts consistently. Stupid deadlifts kicking my hungry *kitten*.
  • Srmmelson
    Srmmelson Posts: 31
    Options
    People should be proud that you're not trying to lose even more weight. This is My FITNESS pal, not My FAT-LOSS pal. You ladies are trying to do something good for your selves, good on ya'.
  • Srmmelson
    Srmmelson Posts: 31
    Options

Seriously, there's always at least one....

Jealous much?
    MFP:, My fitness pal, not My fatloss pal....

And yeah it is hard for some. 2300-2500 for 7 weeks and a 5 lb gain for me, Some days I'm absolutely sick of the site of food.

Healthy gainers, feel free to add me too!

I guess I should have read through the thread before I posted.... And I thought I was being super smart and unique!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

lol@you.

2500 a day here and not doing stupid amounts of cardio :) (actually, none at all)

I'm not trying to gain btw...but my maintenance is 3700 ;D
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating 1700-2200 most days to lose weight and once I get closer to my goal, I'm sure I'll be eating 2500+ daily. Do I count?

I think you do:)

This is a fitness site not a specific weight loss site. So there are atheletes and recovery ED people and some people who naturally burn very high and are trying to add weight. There is alot of support here.
    There is this group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/34-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

This group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

And probably others as well of people that eat reasonable amounts wether they are trying to lose or gain weight.

Good Luck!
  • white71
    white71 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would be careful if i were you. In fact i was you in a way once. I wanted or thought i needed to gain weight. My matabolism was so fast tha it was difficult. I ate like crazy and had a hard time gaining anything. Then when i turned 28. My motabolism slowed down and my weight went up and so did my poor eating habits. I never went over 200lbs but the weight really changes your energy level and overall fitness. To me You look pretty hot the way you are now. Unless your planning to be a pro boxer enjoy yourself as you are. One day you will look back or at photos and think "wow I looked good I cant believe how much time i wasted worrying about how i looked." and i wonder how much you will be willing to pay to look that good again. YOU ARE YOUNG...YOU ARE HOT....BE HAPPY....PLEASE...
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    I would be careful if i were you. In fact i was you in a way once. I wanted or thought i needed to gain weight. My matabolism was so fast tha it was difficult. I ate like crazy and had a hard time gaining anything. Then when i turned 28. My motabolism slowed down and my weight went up and so did my poor eating habits. I never went over 200lbs but the weight really changes your energy level and overall fitness. To me You look pretty hot the way you are now. Unless your planning to be a pro boxer enjoy yourself as you are. One day you will look back or at photos and think "wow I looked good I cant believe how much time i wasted worrying about how i looked." and i wonder how much you will be willing to pay to look that good again. YOU ARE YOUNG...YOU ARE HOT....BE HAPPY....PLEASE...

So 'being happy' means starving yourself?

If your metabolism is high or you burn a lot of calories through exercise, you need to eat a lot to maintain a healthy deficit or surplus (depending on your goals).

If your metabolism is low or you don't burn that many calories through exercise, that amount decreases.

Just because 20 years from now someone's metabolism is going to drop doesn't mean they should starve themselves right now. That's just silly.
  • white71
    Options
    WOW. You really missed my point. I simply meant that you can be happy with yourself and trying to look a certain way for reasons other than health and happyness can lead you somewhere you dont want to be. You know the old be carefull of what you ask for because you may get it. Look at some of these people who obsess over plastic surgury. I want bigger boobs. they get them and are still not happy so they keep getting bigger and bigger ones until they have these freakishly large back breakers and are:wink: still not happy. I dont know whats on your mind but you seem to be looking for the negitive. Maybe your just hungry.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    WOW. You really missed my point. I simply meant that you can be happy with yourself and trying to look a certain way for reasons other than health and happyness can lead you somewhere you dont want to be. You know the old be carefull of what you ask for because you may get it. Look at some of these people who obsess over plastic surgury. I want bigger boobs. they get them and are still not happy so they keep getting bigger and bigger ones until they have these freakishly large back breakers and are:wink: still not happy. I dont know whats on your mind but you seem to be looking for the negitive. Maybe your just hungry.

What does eating an amount of food appropriate for your current TDEE have to do with plastic surgery?
  • white71
    Options
    again you missed my point. MY point was simple. I just suggested that the young lady be happy with herself. If she is healthy but small dont get caught up on apperances. Period.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    again you missed my point. MY point was simple. I just suggested that the young lady be happy with herself. If she is healthy but small dont get caught up on apperances. Period.
    I would be careful if i were you. In fact i was you in a way once. I wanted or thought i needed to gain weight. My matabolism was so fast tha it was difficult. I ate like crazy and had a hard time gaining anything. Then when i turned 28. My motabolism slowed down and my weight went up and so did my poor eating habits. I never went over 200lbs but the weight really changes your energy level and overall fitness. To me You look pretty hot the way you are now.

Just because you don't think she needs to gain weight does not necessarily mean that her current weight is 'more healthy' than if she were heavier.

And just because someone has a high calorie intake does not mean they have poor eating habits.

That is my contention with your original statement. The idea that being healthy should be a priority over physical appearances I do not dispute.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I would be careful if i were you. In fact i was you in a way once. I wanted or thought i needed to gain weight. My matabolism was so fast tha it was difficult. I ate like crazy and had a hard time gaining anything. Then when i turned 28. My motabolism slowed down and my weight went up and so did my poor eating habits. I never went over 200lbs but the weight really changes your energy level and overall fitness. To me You look pretty hot the way you are now.

Just because you don't think she needs to gain weight does not necessarily mean that her current weight is 'more healthy' than if she were heavier.

And just because someone has a high calorie intake does not mean they have poor eating habits.

That is my contention with your original statement. The idea that being healthy should be a priority over physical appearances I do not dispute.

Totally agree, and in my case, I am actually considered a low "unhealthy" weight for my height. The reason some of us gainers struggle is because our eating habits can be so healthy that its hard to meet such a high calorie goal sometimes. Also, I'm about to turn 34, and even after 2 kids, my metabolism hasn't slowed down for a second, my Father is in his 60's and his is still as fast as mine, some people are like this for life.

Some of us gain weight to look better, some of us need to gain weight to be healthier. Some of us do it for both reasons. and there is nothing wrong with a little vanity when fitness is involved.