Words or phrases that should be banned

Options

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    "one more time"

If you've ever been in marching band / colorguard, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    "one more time"

If you've ever been in marching band / colorguard, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...

I'm guessing you're not a fan of Daft Punk...
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    "With all due respect"

Because the phrase is usually followed by something which is not respectful.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    "one more time"

I'm guessing you're not a fan of Daft Punk...

not really. Try hearing that all though high school MANY hours a day

one more time gang
    -routine-
    one more time
    -routine-
    lets try that one more time

-_- REALLY
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    va jay jay....gees, call it what it is
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    "that's (insert word that sounds obnoxious"
    "that's juicy"
    "that's gucci"
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Needless to say- If its needless then dont say it!!

When people say they will call you back at their convenience- so rude - means i will call you back when i feel like it.
  • ashleyelizabeth18
    Options
    definitely "YOLO"
    people say that all the time now
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    " it's like...y'know??"

No...I don't....so stop saying that! LOL. that one bugs me.
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    "You Feel Me! "
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    "Legit"
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    "With all due respect"

Because the phrase is usually followed by something which is not respectful.

Similarly, "No offense, but..."

No really, you're gonna offend someone. Hush.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    "Know what I'm Sayin"
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    - FML - This comes off as too negative sometimes, especially when its used OVER and OVER again
    - Kk -- What is that? Say Okay. or even OK... and sometimes people put three Ks ... (wow even scarier lol jk)
    - FTW - Well this one does not really annoy me, but sometimes I feel it get overused especially when something is clearly not 'FTW' lol
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    "I'm gonna be honest with you" (guarantees you that it will be a lie)

"expeditiously and without fail" (my husbad says it all of the time and it drives me nuts).
    So I say "For crying out loud" which drives him nuts! Stupid saying but my Dad always has said it and it fell into my vocabulary over the years.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    all the stupid, misused words of this generation! "awkward" applied to every situation, "legit" used in response to anything, "epic" used on trivial happenings... it reminds me of something Louis C.K. said:

"Anyway, I was listening to the two guys. And one of them used a word that really pissed me off. Because, it was how he used it. He used the word ‘hilarious.’ That’s one of those words that we use, and we don’t care what it means. We go right for the top shelf with our words, now. We don’t think about how we talk. We just say, ‘Dude, it was amazing. It was amazing.’ Really? You were ‘amazed’? You were ‘amazed’? By a basket of chicken wings? Really? ‘Amazing?’ What are you going to do with the rest of your life now? What if something really happens to you? What if Jesus comes down from the sky. Makes love to you all night long. Leaves the new living lord in your belly. What are you going to call that? You used ‘amazing’ on a basket of chicken wings. You’ve limited yourself verbally to a **** life."

edit: and when people use a preceding "Um" or "Uh" before making their attitude-laden point. "Uh, that's not right." "Um, whatever you want." always gets me
  • kayms13
    kayms13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When someone "gave it 110%". You can't give more than 100%. If I give 120% am I trying harder than you?
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    "Baby Mama" or "Baby Daddy". Whatever happened to mother/father of my child, or my child's mother/father?

Or, "can I ax you a question" It's ASK!! An ax is something you chop wood with!

Conversating. You are conversing, or having a conversation, but you aren't "conversating".
  • jbuntu
    jbuntu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of everyone "loosing" weight on MFP. With all those pounds flying around unrestrained, someone is going to get hurt. :-)

loose does not equal lose.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

"We're preggos!" I hate it when some men say this. No,man, you aren't pregnant. Not unless you have hidden your vagina behind your penis. I'm just clarifying.

Exactly!