bump for later
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save. Sounds so good!
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, especially with the peanut butter!
    Could I use granulated Stevia instead of Splenda?
    :flowerforyou:
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!

I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OH MY!!!!! Where was this post last week when I needed it!?? I have a great cinnamon coffee cake mug cake recipe and I had 200 extra calories one night and was really craving it ... so I was using the recipe tool to add it up and see how much it was. I stopped at over 500 calories and still hadn't added the calories for the crumbles. =( So I didn't eat it, but was so disappointed. This sounds perfect! =)
  • makinglemonade
    Options
    I just tried this and ended up with a chewy hockey puk! Will try it again another time though.

Thanks for posting
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just tried this and ended up with a chewy hockey puk! Will try it again another time though.

Thanks for posting

You have to be really careful not to over-nuke it. A few seconds too long and it's all over. It takes some experimentation to find the exact length of time that works best for your particular microwave.
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    bump!
  • truss25
    truss25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i just made this and must say not to shaby :wink:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I also just made these, doubled the chocolate like someone else suggested, loved them, great for a quick chocolate fix.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can find this later :)