Best car you owned and wish you never got rid of?

Options

Replies

• kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My 1967 VW.

Now I really, really want a 1985-1990 VW Vert rabbit! I want to trick it out!

Kristine
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    1972 Buick Centurion Convertible. Bright red, with a white top, and white leather interior. Bittersweet getting rid of it, because I doubled my money. But that car was front row at the valet everytime. Badass!
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    1965 Shelby Convertible Mustang- awesome car! :) Raw power!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    57 Chevy that I had owned for 27 years. :( Now I have a 64 Comet Caliente and it is just not the same. But the large steerying wheel feels nice and fits perfect for my needs.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i had a ford f150 that i LOVED....but gas prices were so high i had to trade it in :( I miss it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    '98 Camaro SS. It was a bathtub on wheels, but oh-so-much fun to drive. Went like stink, liked to do 360's at inopportune times, and highly entertaining in the snow. Leased it and returned it at the end.

I don't see many LT1's and LS1's on the road these days, so I guess they didn't age so well.

Sigh.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    '09 Mustang Bullitt. Fml.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I owned a 1966 Corvette that had low miles and totally original. I bought it from the original owner. Sold it 18 months later for 50% more than I paid. Wish I still had that car today. Oh well.:sad:

porsche-boxster-2.jpg

1998 Porsche Boxster

..... oh wait, never got rid of? Nope still have it, awesome car.

but maybe it's because of what I've owned?
    --86 dodge 600
    --91 chevy beretta 3.1 V6 - had some kick
    --96 caprice 4.3 V8
    --95 caprice 5.7 LT1 V8 police cruiser - had a lot of kick!
    --a few crown vics - i was buying/selling police auction cars for awhile
    --90 ford taurus station wagon - zero power, but lots of space, good mpg
    --2001 toyota avalon
    --98 boxster - very fast, amazing handling, lots of looks, decent mpg for what it is, less maintenance than I thought it would be
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My 1994 Mazda MX6. Bought it in 2005 and taught myself to drive it (1st manual transmission car)
    Swapped in another motor in 2006. And did a few other modifications (suspension, brakes, ECU, and other engine stuff, etc.) But in 2010 there were over 400,000 kms on the body and things started to go on it.
    Was constantly sinking money into it. Was time to let it go and get something that wasn't 16 years old.

mx6bridge.jpg
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mine was a T-top bright orange V-6 1975? Mustang. But it reminded me too much of my ex at the time so I traded it in for another Mustang. Dark Blue plain jane, But it was sweet too. Then after that it was my Convertible Mustang with white body and green bottom. Trani blew out and even with a replacement it never ran right again. MY plan.....get another Mustang....someday.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My 2007 Toyota Highlander. I drive a 2010 Highlander now. I miss my 2007. It drove more like a car and wasn't as big as my current one.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I had a 1977 Matador Barcelona coupe with a 5.9L 360 cubic inch engine, sigh, I miss that bad boy, the stupidity of youth had me sell it.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Honda Hurricane 1000 motorcycle...Its because I loved driving fast. 185 mph nothing was too far away not to go to. This thing made the interstate look like a parking lot.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    1998 Honda CRV, never gave me any problems. I should have just fixed my AC and not purchased another car :-/
  • TallyNick
    TallyNick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1983 Olds Delta 88 Royale. Car was so easy to drive, plenty of space for passengers and cargo alike, comfortable - like riding on a cloud, engine sounded nice when you hit the gas, rear wheel drive, cheap to fix.

Currently in a BMW 745i - which has all the above except the cheap to fix part. :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    2000 Jeep Wrangler sport, put a nice lift and tires on it, not too high, just the right amount. riding around with the top down with my bulldog by my side. I need to get another one :sad:

It looked a lot like this one, but with rhino lining and side steps. Wish I didn't have to sell it before we moved :grumble:

31993800002_large.jpg
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    1988 Mazda RX7 Turbo 10th Anniversary Edition. I have no idea why I sold it.

rx7.jpg
  • buckeyetex315
    buckeyetex315 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Best I owned: 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo - the one with the LONG hood and short back end. Black with White Landau top, black interior with swivel bucket seats. 350 V-8, alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with an 8-TRACK tape player (woohoo!). Sold it when I got promoted and got a company car.

Best car my family owned: 1966 Pontiac Catalina 2DR Coupe - teal metallic with white roof; 389 V-8 with dual 4-barrel carbs. Man that thing moved! Our first car with A/C. Dad bought it used in 1967 from a salesman who was getting a new car. Paid $2400 and it had 24000 miles. My dad finally sold it about 1980 with 300K miles because the body was rusting and the steering was going. I saw it around town for a few years after that. The local GM dealer loved that car because it was so reliable. Was driven hard - weekly 500 mile roundtrips at 80 - 90 mph for over a year. Engine never had more than a tune-up - no ring / valve jobs, etc.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Best I owned: 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo - the one with the LONG hood and short back end. Black with White Landau top, black interior with swivel bucket seats. 350 V-8, alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with an 8-TRACK tape player (woohoo!). Sold it when I got promoted and got a company car.

A friend of mine had ... and still *has* ... a 1975 Monte Carlo. He's totally rebuilt and modified the 350, had the interior redone, chrome wheels ... it's a dark red with a black Landau top. We did a lot of cruising in that car when we were teenagers. :)