Marilyn Monroe.

Options

Replies

• DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe is my idol. I do not think she was a drug addict. I think she was brilliant. Ive read SO MANY books about her written by her family, close friends, ect. it makes me sad when peple say she was a slut. Long Live Norma Jean!

she died of a drug overdose. acute barbiturate poisoning is drub abuse.She wasnt a slut,she was a horribaly insecure woman.
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Oh and for the people that go on and on about how she would be considered fat today,do a little reserch she changed everything about herself to fit into her times standard of beauty.
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Lets not forgett what she really looked like before
    norma.png

You know before all the plastic surgery
  • lolamariem
    Options
    Oh and for the people that go on and on about how she would be considered fat today,do a little reserch she changed everything about herself to fit into her times standard of beauty.

VERY, very, very good point!
  • amber2521
    amber2521 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe is my idol. I do not think she was a drug addict. I think she was brilliant. Ive read SO MANY books about her written by her family, close friends, ect. it makes me sad when peple say she was a slut. Long Live Norma Jean!

she died of a drug overdose. acute barbiturate poisoning is drub abuse.She wasnt a slut,she was a horribaly insecure woman.
    Youre clearly uneducated on the FACTS of her death. Her ORIGINAL death certificate said she was MURDERED, because SOMEONE injected the medicine into her, then JFK got her death certificate changed to Suicide. .Dont argue with me on the facts of her life. I know them. And as for the picture of what she looked like before, she was STILL BEAUTIFUL. She didnt have plastic surgery! she died her hair blonde. oh my god your ignorance really frustrates me. if you dont like her then dont bother saying anything about her.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Maybe what ppl are trying to say is Norma Jean wasn't anorexic, with bones potruding out of her chest and back. Today boney *kitten* woman are idolize (dont mean to be blunt), Norma looked healthy and happy and had all the men. I heard she was a 16 I dont know what the hell size she was (Im a 16, 5'4 and on a fitness site go figure). So to each their own. She's been resting in peace before most of us was even alive. Lets argue about the Kardashians and if they have a fake "*kitten*" or not.
  • amber2521
    Options
    She was a freaking ICON is why. Many different women (nothing to do with size) compare themselves to her because of her confidence and realness.

I think its funny when people describe her as confidant,she was pretty much an insecure mess. And lets start on her realness,um she pretty much allowed Hollywood to make her unrecognizable to become a star.

^^Sorry, forgot to say "In my opinion" - as did you.

Um its a pretty well known fact that she was an insecure mess,she projected that in almost every action. Hence the sleeping with married men and drug abuse.

It can't be a "fact" that she was not confident, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard lol

As for the sleeping with married men part that does not make her an insecure mess.

“Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.” - Marilyn Monroe

ahh i love it when people quote marilyn :) besides its not like the men were innocent. jfk completely destroyed her life. and she loved him. she wanted to be with him. anyone who has ever read anything real about her knows that. when she threatened to let everyone know what a manwhore jfk was , he decided to **** her life up.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I love Marilyn Monroe, I think she was beautiful. And I don't really care if she had issues with drugs, what celebrity doesn't these days? It's not going to make me have a drug problem because I look up to her for the way she looks.

I think the fact that women often compare themselves to her isn't frustrating, I just think they are misinformed. Marilyn was by no means fat, even by her heaviest weight she is still in the healthy BMI range (if that's anything to go by).
  • amber2521
    Options
    THANK YOU! I love Marilyn Monroe, I think she was beautiful. And I don't really care if she had issues with drugs, what celebrity doesn't these days? It's not going to make me have a drug problem because I look up to her for the way she looks.

I think the fact that women often compare themselves to her isn't frustrating, I just think they are misinformed. Marilyn was by no means fat, even by her heaviest weight she is still in the healthy BMI range (if that's anything to go by).
    THANK YOU!
  • DieVixen
    Options

Youre clearly uneducated on the FACTS of her death. Her ORIGINAL death certificate said she was MURDERED, because SOMEONE injected the medicine into her, then JFK got her death certificate changed to Suicide.Dont argue with me on the facts of her life. I know them. And as for the picture of what she looked like before, she was STILL BEAUTIFUL. She didnt have plastic surgery! she died her hair blonde. oh my god your ignorance really frustrates me. if you dont like her then dont bother saying anything about her. but you will never amount to half of what she had.

She had a nose job last time I checked that IS plastic surgery. Yes keep with the personal attacks,it clearly shows your class. She also had the shape off her jaw changed,JFK was not the only married man she was linked with,and any woman that needs to find a lover in a married man is insecure,obviously to insecure to go find a single one.I haave no desire to amount to what she had,I find myself sexy without having to make myself unreconizeable,I also will most likely not die all alone in a compleatly locked from the imside room of "murder" :huh:
  • DieVixen
    Options

I also dont care if she did drugs,but to idolize her for confidance and :"realness" that she didnt have is stupid. Shes was no diffrent than woman that starve themselves to fit into todays standard of beauty,its just the standard was diffrent then
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    Amazing how bent out of shape people are getting over Marilyn Monroe. I think she was a beautiful woman, couldn't care less what size she was or how much she weighed, she looked hot. She looked just as gorgeous in the "before" pic too. Obviously none of us know her so whether she had insecuries or not... Well doesn't everyone have some insecuries? Even if we don't let the world see them.

Sheesh it's chit chat fun and games ... Why get so upset. Stress is bad for weight loss btw:wink:
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    She wasn't even close to a modern size 12. More like a 6 TOPS. Look at her playboy spread. No size i16 looks like that naked! Vanity sizing has decieved all women. Its a shame really.

This!!!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    The measurements i posted before were simply something I copied off of a website. The attacks were not really warranted or appreciated. I was just trying to be helpful and it was meant in fun. I honestly don't understand all of the hostility in this thread at all...
  • lolamariem
    Options
    The measurements i posted before were simply something I copied off of a website. The attacks were not really warranted or appreciated. I was just trying to be helpful and it was meant in fun. I honestly don't understand all of the hostility in this thread at all...

^^^
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I also dont care if she did drugs,but to idolize her for confidance and :"realness" that she didnt have is stupid. Shes was no diffrent than woman that starve themselves to fit into todays standard of beauty,its just the standard was diffrent then

I don't look up to her for her 'realness' . I look up to her for her makeup skills lol. Yet again, I am not judging Marilyn on her personality, her weaknesses, insecurities, or the fact she starved herself, according to you. She was physically beautiful. Nuff said.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I wouldn't compare myself to a dead person. Why? Because their dead. I'm not. NO COMPARISON!

Women...geesh!
  • DieVixen
    Options

I don't look up to her for her 'realness' . I look up to her for her makeup skills lol. Yet again, I am not judging Marilyn on her personality, her weaknesses, insecurities, or the fact she starved herself, according to you. She was physically beautiful. Nuff said.

Seriously do you not know how to read? I didnt say she starved herself,I said she is the same as the woman that do because she allowed everything about herself to be changed to fit into her eras standard of beauty. That ultimatly destroyed her. She did drugs this is known,she was under a care of a psychiatrist, she had failed suicide attempts,and was in daily fear of ending up like her mother. She was not a happy well adjusted person. She changed herself to this dumb blond,sex pot persona,and it made her famous and loved.But thats all anyone wanted from her. It does not sound like a happy life to me,it sounds like a pretty sad one.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Been checking in on this for a few days.

The physical comparisons and relating it to your own figure or society's ideal body type is one thing. Dissecting her lifestyle and/or psyche or motivation is quite another.

I would venture to say that not one person who has chimed in here has ever met Marilyn Monroe or can objectively claim knowledge of how her life was played out.

You are all making a subjective decision based on sensationalistic press of the times that has been analyzed and further subjectified by every generation since.

I could care less how her body type compares to this era's ideals. If you're not happy with your body, do something about it.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Youre clearly uneducated on the FACTS of her death. Her ORIGINAL death certificate said she was MURDERED, because SOMEONE injected the medicine into her, then JFK got her death certificate changed to Suicide. .Dont argue with me on the facts of her life. I know them. And as for the picture of what she looked like before, she was STILL BEAUTIFUL. She didnt have plastic surgery! she died her hair blonde. oh my god your ignorance really frustrates me. if you dont like her then dont bother saying anything about her.

You don't know the facts about her life. No one truly does. All you know is a conspiracy theory on her death, that doesn't make you an expert. Its also known she did have plastic surgery done, this wasn't anything hidden