Cottage Cheese. WTF???? PASS ME THE BUCKET!!

Options

Replies

• LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am one of those that can eat it right out of the container and find it delish! Have you tried it with fruit? It's good that way. I agree with other posters though that maybe you just aren't a "cottage cheese" person.
  • lshafik
    lshafik Posts: 20
    Options
    I just eat it with a spoon like yogurt! NOM! :) x
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, there is always the option of not eating it. If you do not enjoy something, you should not have to force yourself to eat it "just because".

What do you think about Greek yogurt?

i only thought i would give it a whirl because it gets so much love on here. i thonk i will defo leave it on the shelf though, next supermarket trip.

i LOVE greek yogurt though, with honey - my kids love it too! guess i was looking for an alternative, really....
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    LOL I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. I do understand how some people would find the texture unappealing (like my husband)... but I still love it. :-)

Same here, my dh won't go near the stuff. He won't even entertain the idea of trying it. I keep telling him he is missing out and of course he tells me I am lying. :laugh:

I don't eat it as often anymore though, sodium and all. I was kind of surprised how much was in there. Whoa!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* looks like cottage cheese

Sorry worng thread d'oh
  • emmamcc1981
    Options
    I just eat it with a spoon like yogurt! NOM! :) x

but you ARE disgusting! hahaha!!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!!! it is a torture but I eat it sometimes when I become crazy :)
    but I simply add black pepper and may be have it with crisps or add some peanuts :D
    not a perfect way to have it but it is indeed most pathetic thing :d
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, I love food, I love everything.....but I can not stand cottage cheese cold or by itself.... there is only one way I like it and that is hot, inside of a lasagna or stuff shells......
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hide it in a healthy version of vegetable lasagna? or just dont eat it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i like the 2%, less bitter. i also mix it with avocado and put it in my salad with some dressing and other fixings, so i don't really taste it.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    It does look better in the trashcan, huh?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

Sorry worng thread d'oh

Welcome to the club
    Mine luckily isn't large curd. :laugh:

But is small curd cottage cheese butt any better? :laugh:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    maybe a smoothie is not a bad idea.... i think the problem is it's baby-sick consistency and too sour taste. reminds me of when my babies were small... but not in a good way! :C

Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a tablespoon of fat free cheesecake pudding powder and a dash of vanilla extract. Not sour at all.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am the same way on yogurt. YUCK!!!!! Make yourself feel better about not eating it the sodium is killer! 410mg per 1/2 cup serving OUCH!!!!! I eat it maybe once a week when I am too lazy to make a salad or something else for lunch.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese is nasty. I feel like I am eating vomit which makes me want to vomit. I just stay away
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a tablespoon of fat free cheesecake pudding powder and a dash of vanilla extract. Not sour at all.

Ooooh...you may be my new best friend :)
  • mslacimae1991
    mslacimae1991 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I only like it with either peaches or pineapple on top with a lot of pepper. :)
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it just don't eat it. I don't like yogurt and that's EVERYONE's favorite but I can't and won't.
  • etheldw
    etheldw Posts: 1
    Options
    try warming it gently in a skillet then adding your herbs as a low calorie sauce for fish, chicken, vegetables etc. remember to stir
  • emmamcc1981
    Options

Sorry worng thread d'oh

HHAHHAHAA - no it's the right thread.... cottage cheese tastes like *kitten*. *nod*